Next Last

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#62 Feb 6, 2013
Mister_ E wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I'll have to say. I thought your response seemed just...until I got to thinking about it. The armed guards in school thingie came from the NRA and noone is saying that it will ever happen. If it does, it will be the government that decides. Having taken that into consideration AND the fact that all gun owners are not members of the NRA, I can't really see why you would want to penalize all gun owners for what the NRA officials brought about. Especially since, they may or may not have children in school that you are trying to protect.
Okay...Schools are the point.... Most all of property taxes go to schools. My proposal would be to tax the churches. They are free from property taxes and the bigger ones are adding property to property and becoming a dynasty. Make them live by their religion, "It's better to give than to recieve" and like Christ said, "give to Ceasar what is Ceasar's" instead of letting them be liars and thieves by making the neighborhoods make up the difference that the churches aren't paying. If you've ever noticed how many of them there are...The school's budgets will have no problems.
Say, by chance, that's not enough...then make the people that have children enrolled pay the difference. Maybe like an enrollment fee. Why should people that don't have any children or school aged children pay for their schools to have armed guards.
Have no idea what you mean by the next level..maybe you can explain it more fully?
Tax churches?

Send your prayer dollars to:

Reverend Milwaukee69
PO Box 666
Milwaukee, WI 53112

Why tax the churches for a gun issue? Don't get me started on religion.

A flat tax, not extreme but fair, would accomplish a couple things. First, adding cost to firearms would perhaps get people to realize that guns are not toys - once stolen they are used most often for killing, not self defense. Secondly, the revenue would be more than enough to pay for all the armed police in schools - which quite frankly is a lot more sane approach than arming teachers (can you just imagine old Miss Deblitz, English teacher for 25 years totin' around a Glock on her hip?). Besides, as I've mentioned in another thread, teacher's unions wouldn't go for arming the rank and file anyways. You can't trust kids not to screw around with crap now in the classrooms - now you want to add loaded guns to the mix?

I've got news for you - everybody that pays taxes, pays for public schools in their area. And using your reasoning, why would anyone that owns a gun be concerned about 20 murdered school kids if they didn't do it?

Let's take it to the next level and make everyone happy - use their (the NRA) suggestion, pay for it with a slight tax hike and see how it goes. At least the kids would be safe, right?

“It's a secret”

Level 8

Since: Sep 12

Or maybe I just forgot!!

#63 Feb 6, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tax churches?
Send your prayer dollars to:
Reverend Milwaukee69
PO Box 666
Milwaukee, WI 53112
Why tax the churches for a gun issue? Don't get me started on religion.
A flat tax, not extreme but fair, would accomplish a couple things. First, adding cost to firearms would perhaps get people to realize that guns are not toys - once stolen they are used most often for killing, not self defense. Secondly, the revenue would be more than enough to pay for all the armed police in schools - which quite frankly is a lot more sane approach than arming teachers (can you just imagine old Miss Deblitz, English teacher for 25 years totin' around a Glock on her hip?). Besides, as I've mentioned in another thread, teacher's unions wouldn't go for arming the rank and file anyways. You can't trust kids not to screw around with crap now in the classrooms - now you want to add loaded guns to the mix?
I've got news for you - everybody that pays taxes, pays for public schools in their area. And using your reasoning, why would anyone that owns a gun be concerned about 20 murdered school kids if they didn't do it?
Let's take it to the next level and make everyone happy - use their (the NRA) suggestion, pay for it with a slight tax hike and see how it goes. At least the kids would be safe, right?
Tax Churches? They are the only ones not paying property taxes...course some of the 'not for profit businesses' like united way..et. al. could put something in the hopper too. Call it a flat property tax...:)

Property taxes go to the schools...that's what all that's about. Hey, If I have to pay for other people's kids to get an education...why shouldn't they?

One other problem I see with your senario...lol. They've already bought all the ammo and weapons...Obama is doing away with them you know???

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 5 min andet1987 7,384
How's your weather today? (Mar '12) 8 min ms_Sweeter 5,091
True or False Game 8 min SLY WEST 926
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 8 min FTW Forever 498
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 13 min wichita-rick 21
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min wichita-rick 151,189
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 17 min ms_Sweeter 7,188
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr -Lea- 24,057
Internal Server Errors 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 40
Man attaches lamb chop to balloon, sends it int... 6 hr Yes lts Me 12