of 2
Next Last

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#23 Feb 11, 2013
Mrs-Whitewater wrote:
Although the world has gone internet, it still relies on shipping of merchandise. Saturday deliveries were very convenient for being home for delivery instead of knowing your package will be sitting on your door step. It also helps those who works all week and need to mail gifts, cards, etc.
Our economy needs more jobs, not employers shutting down because the profit margin is not as high. Instead of shutting down Saturday service, there are a multitude of options they could have chosen from.
It is true that people today want and need instant communication to keep up in their worlds. And that need has driven society to abandon the "snail mail" version of communication for the most part. However, until someone can invent a way to deliver product without shipping being involved, we are dependent upon "snail mail". More so than most realize.
Actually, this doesn't mean UPS, DHL and FedEx will be stopping Saturday delivery - only the US mail service.

FedEx - the nation's largest and most dependable drug dealer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last word - first (Jun '12) 5 min Brandiiiiiiii 6,989
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 min ---Word Woman--- 21,401
Ebola in America 6 min Spirit67_ 48
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 6 min Brandiiiiiiii 2,063
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 9 min DILF 7,146
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min dirtclod 117,550
A Five Letter Word (Jan '12) 10 min Brandiiiiiiii 2,137
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 12 min Tom2Tone 147,775
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 19 min ZkyClank 6,427
Doctors Remove 9-Pound Hairball From Teen's Sto... 1 hr dragoon70056 8