Bizarre billboard message in far East...

Bizarre billboard message in far East El Paso startles morning commuters

There are 25 comments on the El Paso Times story from May 22, 2014, titled Bizarre billboard message in far East El Paso startles morning commuters. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

The crude painting on the billboard at Interstate 10 near Americas reads 'Plata o Plomo,' which loosely translated means pay or be killed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SJM

El Paso, TX

#1 May 22, 2014
It could be a hoax.
nalgamedio

El Paso, TX

#2 May 22, 2014
SJM wrote:
It could be a hoax.
No pendeja,it was real. Read the news estupida.
The cartel is here

La Luz, NM

#3 May 23, 2014
Surprised anyone?

THE drug corridor,
The primo,
Wiillie Gandara special.....

No shock, no awe,

Those who brought yall
the Valley of the Beheaded
are your new neighbors.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#4 May 23, 2014
In a dark lonesome bar
Just outside of El Paso
I met a girl who hung out with cartel
She showed me the place
where she smuggled the drugs in
now I know where baggies get that odd smell
Salinas Green

El Paso, TX

#6 May 23, 2014
I would pick Plata.
L Morales

United States

#7 May 23, 2014
One huge difference between Cuidad Juárez and El Paso TEXAS is the 2nd amendment. Those cartel boys gotta another thing coming if they think they can come into our heavily armed Texas neighborhoods and wreak havok on our innocent citizens. Out here we will have those cowards hanging from a tall Texas tree in no time. The cowardice cartels are used to having no one shoot back at them as far as civilians are concearned. But around these parts we do buck back, we fire back, responsive supressive fire. They cant handle our arsenal of small, medium snd heavy arms. Heres something to dwell on 1985 Ford Bronco, 1974 Dodge Ram Charger, 2000 Ford F250, 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 all with welded mounts capable of holding .50Caliber Machine guns. Come and get it putos!#TexasMalitia #.50CalBoys
L Morales

United States

#8 May 23, 2014
We aint scared! The civilians round these parts carry concealed handguns, n got arsenals of firepower at home. We got something for juarez cowards: Suppressive fire..50Cal
Lencho

El Paso, TX

#9 May 23, 2014
L Morales wrote:
One huge difference between Cuidad Juárez and El Paso TEXAS is the 2nd amendment. Those cartel boys gotta another thing coming if they think they can come into our heavily armed Texas neighborhoods and wreak havok on our innocent citizens. Out here we will have those cowards hanging from a tall Texas tree in no time. The cowardice cartels are used to having no one shoot back at them as far as civilians are concearned. But around these parts we do buck back, we fire back, responsive supressive fire. They cant handle our arsenal of small, medium snd heavy arms. Heres something to dwell on 1985 Ford Bronco, 1974 Dodge Ram Charger, 2000 Ford F250, 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 all with welded mounts capable of holding .50Caliber Machine guns. Come and get it putos!#TexasMalitia #.50CalBoys
What heavily armed neighborhoods are you referring to you nitwit? Are these the neighborhoods with the EP gangs and guns?
FYI

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#10 May 23, 2014
Yup, what those douchebags don't realize is that everybody be ruthless now so bring it LOSERS!!!!!!!!!! I'M READY!!!!!!!!!
L Morales

El Paso, TX

#11 May 23, 2014
Lencho wrote:
<quoted text>What heavily armed neighborhoods are you referring to you nitwit? Are these the neighborhoods with the EP gangs and guns?
In Texas there are no weapons resrrictions. We can whatwver firearms we want and as many as we please. Im reffering to the armed law abiding citizens of El Paso you pendeja. We alone can stop an entire cartel in its tracks.¿Y Que?
Lencho

El Paso, TX

#12 May 23, 2014
FYI wrote:
Yup, what those douchebags don't realize is that everybody be ruthless now so bring it LOSERS!!!!!!!!!! I'M READY!!!!!!!!!
Jotos like you and bipolar l morales are the first ones to pee in their thongs when someone pulls out a gun or in your case your clitorus might get stimulated when some vato is getting ready to drill you with his one eyed gun you tranny.
L Morales

El Paso, TX

#13 May 23, 2014
Lencho wrote:
<quoted text>Jotos like you and bipolar l morales are the first ones to pee in their thongs when someone pulls out a gun or in your case your clitorus might get stimulated when some vato is getting ready to drill you with his one eyed gun you tranny.
Cartels make me yawn... i want to be invaded by Russians or something someone whos got military skills and training plus heavy armament. I sleep well at night know that no cartel member is stupid enough to creep into my home while my family sleeps. My first line of defense within hands reach is 9mm followed by 7.62x54 you'll lose limb on your way out trying to invade my home. Then we can fedex the fingers to chapo in the pinta.¿Y Que?
Lencho

El Paso, TX

#14 May 23, 2014
L Morales wrote:
<quoted text>
Cartels make me yawn... i want to be invaded by Russians or something someone whos got military skills and training plus heavy armament. I sleep well at night know that no cartel member is stupid enough to creep into my home while my family sleeps. My first line of defense within hands reach is 9mm followed by 7.62x54 you'll lose limb on your way out trying to invade my home. Then we can fedex the fingers to chapo in the pinta.¿Y Que?
You sound like a vendido coconut minue man or says your wife.
not straightforward

El Paso, TX

#15 May 23, 2014
I bet this turns out to be some young political activists trying to make what they think is a profound point. Instead they just did further harm to the image of their own city. There are so many local, state, and federal agencies here, not to mention the military, that there would probably be friendly fighting over who gets to take them on first if it were really the cartels.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Formerly From Kenya

#20 May 24, 2014
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
In a dark lonesome truck stop outside of El Paso
I met a cartel hauler smugglin' some weed
I asked why his trailer was half filled with Puta's
he said "it's the best way to smuggle in seed !"
ohhh the things one must do to get posted nowdays...

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Formerly From Kenya

#22 May 24, 2014
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
Gop back to Kenya and take obammer with you, knucklehead.
Wow..two in one week..it's like fishing in a barrel..

here ya go

In a dark lonesome bar just outside of El Paso
I met a guess that kept trying to whirl
Try as it might it just wasn't no mucho
I laughed as it left cause it fought like a girl
Chicano Chrome

United States

#25 May 25, 2014
Their showing godzilla vs mechanical godzilla on el Dish. If yyou can afford it

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#26 May 25, 2014
Lencho wrote:
<quoted text>What heavily armed neighborhoods are you referring to you nitwit? Are these the neighborhoods with the EP gangs and guns?
I have a neighbor just like Bert from the movie "Tremors" . Good neighbor to have and their is NO bullchit in this neighbor either. Also their are thousands of weapons big and little ones plus thousands of people who know how and aren't afraid to use them to use them at Fort Bliss.
L Morales

United States

#27 May 25, 2014
Rolling Papers wrote:
<quoted text> I have a neighbor just like Bert from the movie "Tremors" . Good neighbor to have and their is NO bullchit in this neighbor either. Also their are thousands of weapons big and little ones plus thousands of people who know how and aren't afraid to use them to use them at Fort Bliss.
Your tremors friends are pro 2nd amendment Folks and probably good Christians and good Republicans. Its good to know people like that because they wont hesitate to protect with cover fire if need be.
The Real SJM

El Paso, TX

#28 May 27, 2014
L Morales wrote:
<quoted text>
Your tremors friends are pro 2nd amendment Folks and probably good Christians and good Republicans. Its good to know people like that because they wont hesitate to protect with cover fire if need be.
They busted the sumbitch who did this so this thread is now mute and perhaps should even be taken down. It would be a shame if a panic started because some poor buzzard read this headline but was oblivious to the update about the sumbitch who did this getting caught. He's facing hard time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 7 min Denny CranesPlace 32,391
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 2 hr Rider on the Storm 2,766
"3 words beginning with similar Letters!" (Dec '12) 2 hr andet1987 366
Gangsta 2 hr andet1987 1
Word association (Jun '07) 2 hr -Papa-Smurf- 7,172
The Song Title Game (Jul '10) 3 hr Rider on the Storm 16,090
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 4 hr Pardon Pard 9,643
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 4 hr Focus on THIS 6,738
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 hr Chilli J 76,605
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 hr wichita-rick 226,066
More from around the web