last word/first word.
beatlesinthebog

Auckland, New Zealand

#4543 Dec 6, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
HEY! Bugs I'll be there next year you got a good place we can stay for a week?
Going to fly in and get a puddle jumper to take us to Australia after 1 week.
We have 4+inches of snow and temps dropping into single digits, going to Arizona in February to warm up, but in the mean time the wood stove in the basement makes it cozy.
Worry is something you try hard not to do because it accomplishes nothing.
Now except that I'm not a travel agent and you'll do well....could show you some real good hillbilly spots...haha (no kiddin',we got some hills y'now) Seriously,forget North Island (full of boowacker agitators)..SOUTH ISLAND...you'll be amazed at the hospitality,the further south the better it gets! OTIRA is for you....brilliant Hicksville,brilliant people,and the WHOLE township is for sale for $1,000,000!!!!!!! 18 houses(which are rented out) and the pub,with lots of ground. We would put you up and show yer the sights anytime but sadly our place is still rooted from the earthquakes! BUT..stay in touch there's plenty of (CHEAP)options. About time I meandered down through the mountains again.......beautiful,laidback folk and countryside.
beatlesinthebog

Auckland, New Zealand

#4544 Dec 6, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
HEY! Bugs I'll be there next year you got a good place we can stay for a week?
Going to fly in and get a puddle jumper to take us to Australia after 1 week.
We have 4+inches of snow and temps dropping into single digits, going to Arizona in February to warm up, but in the mean time the wood stove in the basement makes it cozy.
Worry is something you try hard not to do because it accomplishes nothing.
Nothing is not on my list of things to ...DO!!!!
Hoosier Hillbilly

Francesville, IN

#4545 Dec 6, 2013
Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".
beatlesinthebog

Auckland, New Zealand

#4546 Dec 6, 2013
You got it,mate!.........Hey 'billy,when do intends you travels?)
beatlesinthebog

Auckland, New Zealand

#4547 Dec 6, 2013
...sorry,forgot the 'r',but hillbillies have great understanding.......eh?

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#4549 Dec 7, 2013
Right in all cases Bugs.
OTIRA, I'll check it out. I've been told by others the south is the best, I guess that fits right in with hillbilly.
Does the pub have good food? I'll meet you there and buy ye dinner and a drink or 2.
Traveling out back in Australia that was the only place you could get a meal-no restaurants, but plenty of pubs, I felt right at home in all of them. WE'd be stared at for a spell when one of the guys would ask us a question, next thing you knew we were all drink'n and hav'n a ball.

Travels to still be booked specifically. "Your summer" - our next winter.

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#4550 Dec 7, 2013
Otira

Town in New Zealand

Otira is a small township seven kilometres north of Arthur's Pass in the central South Island of New Zealand. It is on the northern approach to the pass, a saddle between the Otira and Bealey Rivers high in the Southern Alps. Wikipedia

Weather: 47F (8C), Wind NW at 19 mph (31 km/h), 100% Humidity

Local time: Sunday 12:59 AM

What month is it [at least in the 70's?]
beatlesinthebog

Auckland, New Zealand

#4551 Dec 8, 2013
hahahaha....never!!!!!! It's in a valley in the middle of the mountains...very green,rains a lot,but usually a warm rain.The scenery is fantastic...sit outside with a beer and enjoy. The owner is an archtype hillbilly mate,you'd love him,and the people from the village! They're...ah..different!....He y...drink 12 beers or more and you get a free room for the night. Old Bill wants to retire and got himself on tv offering the whole town for sale at $1,000,000.....heh,heh...he bought it for $70,000 15 yrs ago. haha....may look like a hillbilly but he's a sharp dude! We'd really enjoy to have a few with yer......many Americans have popped in for a look.......and never left!!!!!!!!!
beatlesinthebog

Auckland, New Zealand

#4552 Dec 8, 2013
Best times are November through March...but it's always a chance,the weather changes very quickly up in the passes...we came through last December and copped rain,(REAL Coast rain!!!) hail,snow,fog.....almost all at the same time...but that's just part of the experience..haha. I really liked it when I had to stop to take my shades off cos they were iced up (on the inside) and a car stopped to check I was ok........lo and behold...Americans. Lovely couple,so we all stopped at the next pub (The Bealey,if you want to check) and had a great coupla hours. "You meet the nicest people etc,etc" Does the soul good to know there are still real people about!!!

Since: Aug 08

Ashburn, VA

#4553 Dec 8, 2013
beatlesinthebog wrote:
hahahaha....never!!!!!! It's in a valley in the middle of the mountains...very green,rains a lot,but usually a warm rain.The scenery is fantastic...sit outside with a beer and enjoy. The owner is an archtype hillbilly mate,you'd love him,and the people from the village! They're...ah..different!....He y...drink 12 beers or more and you get a free room for the night. Old Bill wants to retire and got himself on tv offering the whole town for sale at $1,000,000.....heh,heh...he bought it for $70,000 15 yrs ago. haha....may look like a hillbilly but he's a sharp dude! We'd really enjoy to have a few with yer......many Americans have popped in for a look.......and never left!!!!!!!!!
... yur not talkin bout that Bates motel ya put me up ln now would it ...

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#4554 Dec 8, 2013
Don't it though?
It will be January or February, when ever we can get the best rates, Jo Anne's working on [ it.]

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#4555 Dec 8, 2013
It does appear that the malls are filling up fast and so are the parking lots.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4556 Dec 8, 2013
and the morgues

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#4558 Dec 9, 2013
Morgues were (was) named correctly.

Vee

Location hidden

#4559 Dec 9, 2013
Correctly baked, cookies will NOT burn, if you pull them 2 minutes early. They keep baking after removable.

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#4560 Dec 9, 2013
Removable is what needs done to Obama.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4561 Dec 9, 2013
why is ............... he is still half/baked
Speaker Of The House

Huntington, NY

#4562 Dec 9, 2013
Obama likes women with dark nipples.

Vee

Location hidden

#4563 Dec 9, 2013
tallyho wrote:
why is .......... he is still half/baked
Baked potatoes are really great from the microwave with a lot of butter.
beatlesinthebog

Auckland, New Zealand

#4564 Dec 9, 2013
Speaker Of The House wrote:
Obama likes women with dark nipples.
Nipples can be dark...nipples can be light,I like 'em all..day and night!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
#Things You DON'T Want To Hear# 2 min quilterqueen 413
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Judy 123 227,130
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 10 min quilterqueen 13,514
The last word in the sentence must rhyme with t... (Aug '15) 11 min Judy 123 2,168
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 22 min quilterqueen 39,060
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 23 min Judy 123 7,320
last word - first (Jun '12) 28 min quilterqueen 8,094
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 41 min Naturally Wired 34,675
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Shazam 34,505
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 1 hr Princess Hey 6,027
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr Just Passing Through 6,934
More from around the web