me

see

sea

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#8 Oct 16, 2010
Hi Ya Sam
Geeeze.... that's a lot of E's but it looks like you did it with ease...
:o)
@}-'--,---
Husk r D

Lincoln, NE

#9 Oct 16, 2010

Dictionary

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Oct 17, 2010
Husk r D wrote:

Dictionary

Eh?
Husker D

Lincoln, NE

#11 Oct 17, 2010
Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh?

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out! Try to do so without any coaching! You probably won't, at first, find anything particularly odd or unusual or in any way dissimilar to any ordinary composition. That is not at all surprising, for it is no strain to accomplish in so short a paragraph a stunt similar to that which an author did throughout all of his book, without spoiling a good writing job, and it was no small book at that. By studying this paragraph assiduously, you will shortly, I trust, know what is its distinguishing oddity. Upon locating that "mark of distinction," you will probably doubt my story of this author and his book of similar unusuality throughout. It is commonly known among book-conscious folk and proof of it is still around. If you must know, this sort of writing is known as a lipogram, but don't look up that word in any dictionary until you find out what this is all about.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Oct 17, 2010
Husker D wrote:
<quoted text>

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out! Try to do so without any coaching! You probably won't, at first, find anything particularly odd or unusual or in any way dissimilar to any ordinary composition. That is not at all surprising, for it is no strain to accomplish in so short a paragraph a stunt similar to that which an author did throughout all of his book, without spoiling a good writing job, and it was no small book at that. By studying this paragraph assiduously, you will shortly, I trust, know what is its distinguishing oddity. Upon locating that "mark of distinction," you will probably doubt my story of this author and his book of similar unusuality throughout. It is commonly known among book-conscious folk and proof of it is still around. If you must know, this sort of writing is known as a lipogram, but don't look up that word in any dictionary until you find out what this is all about.
It lacks the letter 'e'. Hmm. Now off to find out what 'lipogram' is -- it sounds like a technique for sending fat to other people.
Husker D

Lincoln, NE

#13 Oct 17, 2010
Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
It lacks the letter 'e'. Hmm. Now off to find out what 'lipogram' is -- it sounds like a technique for sending fat to other people.

Or a ruse used by a clever Land Shark...
fhf

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Nov 29, 2010
cake

“TheseDays”

Level 5

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#15 Nov 29, 2010
geez!

“To love and be loved”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

right here, right now...

#16 Dec 13, 2010
greet

“To love and be loved”

Level 8

right here, right now...

#17 Dec 14, 2010
meet

“To love and be loved”

Level 8

right here, right now...

#18 Dec 15, 2010
sweet

“Our flag was still there....”

Level 8

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#19 Dec 15, 2010
web

“protect our Bill of Rights”

Since: Aug 10

Detroit, MI

#20 Dec 15, 2010
evil

“Our flag was still there....”

Level 8

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#21 Dec 15, 2010
letter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 60
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 4 min Lumatrix 6,021
College Basketball 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 10 min England Sucks 41,373
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 18 min Hoosier Hillbilly 4,785
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 21 min Hoosier Hillbilly 32,333
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 21 min Hoosier Hillbilly 29,199
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 21 min Parden Pard 5,196
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 30 min I Am No One_ 165,383
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 1 hr UnderstandPeople 15,559
News Is this the world's worst airport sandwich? 4 hr wichita-rick 11
News Teen Leads Mob In Ransacking Of Georgia Walmart 5 hr Shinichiro Takizawa 32
More from around the web