Simple things that make you happy, sm...

“Alive to live life”

Since: Nov 13

NYC Bronx

#4975 May 30, 2014
Happy days

Spirit67_
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#4976 May 30, 2014
Bezeer wrote:
Happy days
You mean the 'dern' TV show???

“Alive to live life”

Since: Nov 13

NYC Bronx

#4977 May 30, 2014
Things that make u happy well mines is Happy days best days to have :-)

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#4978 May 30, 2014
watching 'Red', trying to do a back flip on the 'springfree' and actually achieving it.........

Spirit67_
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#4979 May 31, 2014
Wet rainy days like today!

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4980 May 31, 2014
Apricot and Almond Tart......from Trader Joe's...better than medium sex...lol....

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#4981 May 31, 2014

“No time like the present”

Since: Jul 08

to make it happen!

#4982 May 31, 2014
New fish for the pond out back.

“No time like the present”

Since: Jul 08

to make it happen!

#4983 May 31, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
hahaha! "...and if we lose those, our sport is just lacrosse on ice!"

“Want A Friend, Be One..”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Here Today,Gone Tomorrow..

#4984 May 31, 2014
watching the birds play in the birdbath..just awesome..:o)

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Level 10

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#4985 May 31, 2014
Dr_Dirty wrote:
<quoted text>hahaha! "...and if we lose those, our sport is just lacrosse on ice!"
Lacrosse is a tough sport !:)

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

#4986 May 31, 2014
Dinner with the Merry Widow.....
lynnard the chow hound

United States

#4987 May 31, 2014
My Dogs, my old man, and the day I will finally be with my son after he has been gone for thirty six years.

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#4988 May 31, 2014
lynnard the chow hound wrote:
My Dogs, my old man, and the day I will finally be with my son after he has been gone for thirty six years.
Wow ! I am glad for both of you then. fascinating actually .
Hope it can be a great reunion.unless I am misreading this ? then I wish for Peace. 0 Rick

Level 6

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#4989 Jun 1, 2014
I know gardening boring:)

I have had gardens for the last 20 yrs. plus a lot more in previous yrs in my life. BUT had not really done very much over the past few yrs for various reasons.:(
Although not really able to make the PERMANENT mark I desire
I have managed to spread quite a bit of seeds & hopefully color & some veggies from other places & have quite a few veggies finally done in my yard. so yes even though I did spend a little more than before lol ,probably a joke to some of you ,a lot for me is like 50$
In about 6 weeks at the least we will literally have a bushel a week of produce :)
Plus all the marigolds & I planted even more sunflowers yesterday & today. Cheap thrill & a commitment for me. Rick

“It's a secret”

Level 8

Since: Sep 12

Or maybe I just forgot!!

#4990 Jun 1, 2014
wichita-rick wrote:
I know gardening boring:)
I have had gardens for the last 20 yrs. plus a lot more in previous yrs in my life. BUT had not really done very much over the past few yrs for various reasons.:(
Although not really able to make the PERMANENT mark I desire
I have managed to spread quite a bit of seeds & hopefully color & some veggies from other places & have quite a few veggies finally done in my yard. so yes even though I did spend a little more than before lol ,probably a joke to some of you ,a lot for me is like 50$
In about 6 weeks at the least we will literally have a bushel a week of produce :)
Plus all the marigolds & I planted even more sunflowers yesterday & today. Cheap thrill & a commitment for me. Rick
Yeah..I always wonder about the cost versus..what my return is..would the same amount of money bought more than my plants produce...but nothing so fulfilling as a seeing your sweat and work accomplish something...my plants are finally showing themselves off too..I don't have a big garden..raised bed..too many rocks in my part of the country..nothing better than good home grown veggies..

I have to tell you though....I consider marigolds a noxious weed...lol..once you plant them..you had better like them..because..they will never go away...:)..
Camilla

Los Angeles, CA

#4991 Jun 1, 2014
Would smile to have a banana
split, cherry and all!

Maybe not organically proper, gmo's an' all
- a definite treat!

Level 6

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#4992 Jun 1, 2014
Mister_ E wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah..I always wonder about the cost versus..what my return is..would the same amount of money bought more than my plants produce...but nothing so fulfilling as a seeing your sweat and work accomplish something...my plants are finally showing themselves off too..I don't have a big garden..raised bed..too many rocks in my part of the country..nothing better than good home grown veggies..
I have to tell you though....I consider marigolds a noxious weed...lol..once you plant them..you had better like them..because..they will never go away...:)..
Good am glad . IF plants are available at reasonable prices it is well worth it. Have ran lights & had a greenhouse to get starts going,even then it adds up.but most basic seeds are still very reasonably priced.
Yes raised bed is always better anyway ,I used tires for a long time. wished I could do that here. they are perfect for most areas . once everything is started with those beds though it is easy going in the spring. to just place a few plants ,some of the single plants are crazy prices though? but if your able to buy 6 at a time then it well worth it.
Yeah I just always say the marigolds because it is easy color:) yes they reseed easy but if you mow them over the second yr. they don't come back. my big hatred is for bermuda grass:) also my funny flower one Morning Glorys lol NEVER plant those ,especially where you are lol ,they are like bind weed,bad stuff,ask a farmer lol . sunflowers can be weeds also. but same thing mow them over before they get to big & they disappear.
Some of the truly perrieneal flowers are considered noxious in other areas,coneflowers, types of daisy's etc.
I didn't get a spring garden out really . I just have a long strip with various stuff planted with soaker hoses & weed block & will mulch with leaves later. with a 50 ft fence behind it that will be full of cucumber & beans ,also a little stuff in a little bed by the front porch.
Yes we will be tomato swapping soon:) have black diamond watermelons also :) I know you know what those are :)
oops rambling .lol cheap thrill. Rick

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#4993 Jun 1, 2014
Always DUG Coming on Topix and Posting..WHILE waiting for all the Moths to get ZAPPED...

So..

I could sleep peacefully..

NITE ROCKERS!!

Remember..

To Say Your PRAYERS!!

FORGIVENESS IS DIVINE!!!

(((HUGS)))

Level 6

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#4994 Jun 1, 2014
A call from my daughter today on her way to summer camp!

She was supposed to leave at 5.30 a.m. & spent the night at a friends so they could leave from their house.
She called about 1 p.m. & said she slept in & MISSED the bus:(

OMG Her friend had already sent me an email apologizing :(
They were already in Co. & calling from the Bus:)
Freakin brats! some peoples children:) Like to slap their parents!
Her friend did the same thing & said the bus broke & they were coming back home :) HER mom was already on her way out of town & flipped out . Am thinking of something for when she gets home:) Maybe put a condemned poster on the door :)
Rick

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 18 min Rosa 25,238
True False Game (Jun '11) 19 min Bovenzi13 15,299
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 21 min Bovenzi13 5,456
Cyber Friendships real or not? (Nov '11) 33 min Princess Hey 1,255
Things That Are Solid,... 35 min On Further Analisys 43
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 40 min Rosa 76,827
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 1 hr SweLL GirL 8,436
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr wichita-rick 222,067
More from around the web