Simple things that make you happy, sm...

Level 4

Since: Apr 13

Toronto, Canada

#4293 Sep 23, 2013
Debra27 wrote:
finding out both of my grandsons will be here Friday night!! We are going to camp out in the living room and have popcorn and watch superhero movies...and all that good stuff!!
ounds exciting, Debra. Have fun, but watch out for the ravaging dust bunnies known in your area...they're vicious little boogers.

Seeing people I care about smiling and laughing makes me smile and laugh too.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#4294 Sep 23, 2013
My 10 year old son telling me after dinner tonight:

"Really dad, you are so cool ... You have a motorcycle ... you are nice ... you like to play ... you let me play call of duty (lmao)... You are an awesome dad."

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#4295 Sep 23, 2013
A random person stopped & offered me a ride to get gas today.
Was walking with a gas can to get gas for my mower this evening. I have a cast on my foot & hand so I accepted.
He immediately said you the reason he stopped is because he recognized me from a place I used to work,o.k. fine ,used to be pretty frequent because they had a high turnover & I was the training guy for a lot of areas.
He said OH NO he remembered me because I was in the employee paper & local paper lol OH NO! I've ever said this print but here goes. I was almost fired because I had been very late for work & I got into a bit of hassle with the plant manager. I was late because we(wife & I) had stopped on the way to work to help a man,from out of town fix his tire on a car , his wife was visiting someone in a Hospital & the tire shop wasn't open yet, so my wife took her to the hospital & dropped him & I off at the convenience store store next to the tire store.
She went by my work & told them I would be late, he had no money with him so I bought him breakfast & when the shop opened paid for his tire & rim,we fixed the car & he took me to work. No big deal I told him to just send me the money in the mail or call or something.
I spoke with him on the ph. & told him about how I was on "restriction" at work lol & may be fired lol lol.
This ole boy from small town Ks. returned to Wichita Ks. came to my job with the money he owed me & it seems he went inside & asked for the plant manager(my boss) lol he got rather animated I guess about how my help was THE RIGHT THING TO DO & how his family had a little clout with the local paper lol & IF there was a story about this,it would either be a feel good story about ole boy helped in the big city or how ole boy was helped & I WAS FIRED FOR IT lol lol.
I kept my job b.t.w. lol but I was given a bonus & apparently A LOT of good karma points lol . the guy today recalled all that 10 yrs later & said he was needing some good luck ,so he gave me a ride. lol was a good lesson to show my kid. The city,world isn't always such a big place. Rick
Karma is real-pass it on.

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#4296 Sep 29, 2013
my lover trying to do yorkshire puddings in a broken oven.......

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#4297 Sep 29, 2013
Knowing that I've gotten some things done that means a lot to me...

Level 9

Location hidden

#4298 Sep 29, 2013
Hearing my friend's voice and knowing they are ok...So glad we talked..

Level 5

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#4299 Sep 29, 2013
I am happy everytime I see a private message for me :)

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#4301 Sep 29, 2013
I was about to leave Dunkin Donuts this morning when a young couple pulled in next to me. Their son who was maybe 7 or 8 couldn't take his eyes off my bike so I asked if he liked motorcycles and he said he wants one like mine someday so I said if its okay with your parents you can to start it up so I let him turn the key and ignition switch to on and hit the start button. Then I showed him how to roll the throttle. The smile on that boys face and his folks saying I made their son's day has kept me smiling all day today.

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4302 Sep 29, 2013
I Am Enzo - The Baker wrote:
I was about to leave Dunkin Donuts this morning when a young couple pulled in next to me. Their son who was maybe 7 or 8 couldn't take his eyes off my bike so I asked if he liked motorcycles and he said he wants one like mine someday so I said if its okay with your parents you can to start it up so I let him turn the key and ignition switch to on and hit the start button. Then I showed him how to roll the throttle. The smile on that boys face and his folks saying I made their son's day has kept me smiling all day today.
I love stories like this. Some little gesture that can make someones day. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face!

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#4304 Sep 29, 2013
DondoDork wrote:
<quoted text>
I love stories like this. Some little gesture that can make someones day. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face!
My random act of kindness for the day...like it when you smile Miss Dorky...

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#4305 Sep 29, 2013
The sound of my cats purring...the BEST!!!

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#4306 Sep 29, 2013
blanket forts

Level 9

Location hidden

#4307 Sep 29, 2013
Something coming from the heart..even if it's just a picture of a rose,roses from their rose bush,a hug or even a kiss on the cheek..all touches my heart..and remembered.(O:

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

#4308 Sep 29, 2013
Debra27 wrote:
blanket forts
My ex used to hate that ... wait ... let me re-read that......

Level 6

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#4309 Sep 29, 2013
"..That itch on my back that I just can't get to."
I borrowed that from "THINGS I HATE"
I received a 1$ bamboo back scratcher as a gift from my kid a few yrs. ago ,she sort of felt bad for such a cheap thing lol It has sat on the shelf right here for a cpl. yrs. & reaches that one spot you just can't quite reach. Simple PERFECT gift & cheaper than marriage. Rick

over here <-------->

#4310 Sep 29, 2013
wichita-rick wrote:
"..That itch on my back that I just can't get to."
I borrowed that from "THINGS I HATE"
I received a 1$ bamboo back scratcher as a gift from my kid a few yrs. ago ,she sort of felt bad for such a cheap thing lol It has sat on the shelf right here for a cpl. yrs. & reaches that one spot you just can't quite reach. Simple PERFECT gift & cheaper than marriage. Rick
I grow a small patch of bamboo every year. Many of my older friends like it for walking sticks, canes or just decorative. My neighbor uses it to chase away evil spirits ... hmmmmm.....

Level 6

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#4311 Sep 29, 2013
Captn Morgan wrote:
<quoted text>
I grow a small patch of bamboo every year. Many of my older friends like it for walking sticks, canes or just decorative. My neighbor uses it to chase away evil spirits ... hmmmmm.....
Yes very cool. well except the neighbor,not lol ,check stories about my former spouse lol.
I no longer have my old gardens but I also had several types of it. learned the hard way about it being being invasive lol awesome stuff, I made fan trellises for plants from it ,but have a book about using it bundled together for posts,furniture all types of things.
I had a patch of black bamboo & the intention was to use it for a privacy screen for rooms in the yard. It was beautiful & to stay on subject very simple & useful. Rick

over here <-------->

#4312 Sep 29, 2013
wichita-rick wrote:
<quoted text> Yes very cool. well except the neighbor,not lol ,check stories about my former spouse lol.
I no longer have my old gardens but I also had several types of it. learned the hard way about it being being invasive lol awesome stuff, I made fan trellises for plants from it ,but have a book about using it bundled together for posts,furniture all types of things.
I had a patch of black bamboo & the intention was to use it for a privacy screen for rooms in the yard. It was beautiful & to stay on subject very simple & useful. Rick
Yes, it's very invasive. It needs constant culling from early spring throughout the summer. Kinda like teenagers...

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

middle of nowhere

#4313 Sep 29, 2013
A crown, a simple crown would make my day!

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

middle of nowhere

#4314 Sep 30, 2013
I got a crown!!!!!Yeah, me!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min messianic114 168,710
God's getting Upset with US!!! 21 min Mister_ E 17
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 23 min Satan 165,197
Danger!!! Chicago's Oak Street Beach has NO sa... 32 min Virtual tourist 1
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 52 min TALLYHO 8541 18,413
Poll Should Hoosier Hillbilly leave Weird? 1 hr Observer 0
What Can Be Checked? 1 hr Mechanic 45
motorcycle traveling stories 1 hr Sublime1 1,228
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr TALLYHO 8541 41,339
News Teen Leads Mob In Ransacking Of Georgia Walmart 3 hr NoahLovesU 16