“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#4227 Sep 12, 2013
Someone called me earlier & reminded that today is
my 19th "birthday". Because I have 19 yrs. sober/drug free
today.
It sure didn't seem that simple back then but I guess "simply" because I am still doing it I suppose it really is that simple. Rick

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4228 Sep 12, 2013
honeymylove wrote:
Listening to the elderly people.Their stories..giving them a hug and they returning that hug..Some has no family..we say I love you and that may be the first time they ever hear that words..........Be kind to one another..PLEASE!!!
My Grama owned a Family Resthome, when i was younger...she had a 94 year old, named Cora that i loved....She used to tell me about when, before any cars and her Beaus would come to their home...in a Horse and Carriage.....R.I.P. Cora....

Level 7

Location hidden

#4229 Sep 12, 2013
Brandiiiiiiii wrote:
<quoted text>
So much football this Sunday, so much FUN! Boys@noon, the brothers@3:25, 49ers&seahawks@7:30 CST!! Woo Hoo! Just got to load up on snacks and have pizza delivered. Jets & Patriots tonight. Love me some football! I was stuck being a cheerleader in HS and college, but got to see all the games. My mom is the same way, lol! Lets hear it for chicks who LOVE football, woo-hoo! Did you find your wife another lab?
Saturday at 3:30, Johnny Football and Texas A&M vs. Alabama.....Sunday's all about 49ers vs. Seahawks....haven't gured out Michigan or Peyton vs. Eli yet....lol....Got the Hard Cider chilled.....

Level 7

Location hidden

#4230 Sep 12, 2013
Brandiiiiiiii wrote:
<quoted text>
So much football this Sunday, so much FUN! Boys@noon, the brothers@3:25, 49ers&seahawks@7:30 CST!! Woo Hoo! Just got to load up on snacks and have pizza delivered. Jets & Patriots tonight. Love me some football! I was stuck being a cheerleader in HS and college, but got to see all the games. My mom is the same way, lol! Lets hear it for chicks who LOVE football, woo-hoo! Did you find your wife another lab?
About the Lab...not yet, but i checkout the classified ads, between here and Michigan occasionally....i don't wanna encourage her...we got Dixie, our chocolate lab, on vacation, from a nice breeder in Dalton, Georgia and she alway's said that was the most fun vacation ever...lol...
Level 3

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#4231 Sep 12, 2013
"Things I love?"

Worlds I love.

sally

Euless, TX

#4232 Sep 13, 2013
Shopping spree
Feeding the ducks
Family gatherings

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#4233 Sep 13, 2013
Debra27 wrote:
I smile at this old timer that goes to a bench, outside a bank in my town. He uses a walker to get to the bench, he brings his small dog. He has a folding table, upon which he places a box that has written on it "have a nice day"....and he waves. He just goes there to share his spirit and good wishes. that is all.
and that makes me smile and honk my horn and wave crazily at him!!
today he had an additional box that read "Church of the park Bench"
and yes, it made me smile!

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#4234 Sep 13, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>My Grama owned a Family Resthome, when i was younger...she had a 94 year old, named Cora that i loved....She used to tell me about when, before any cars and her Beaus would come to their home...in a Horse and Carriage.....R.I.P. Cora....
My elderly neighbor told me of the mountains here where we live.About the 3 overlook towers.He worked for the forestery..I sure miss him )O:

Level 7

Location hidden

#4235 Sep 13, 2013
honeymylove wrote:
<quoted text>My elderly neighbor told me of the mountains here where we live.About the 3 overlook towers.He worked for the forestery..I sure miss him )O:
My Stepdad was a cool guy...fought and was wounded in D-Day and the Battle of the Bulge....we used to watch war movies, and he would laugh, and remind me that the german's were excellent shots.....lol....

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#4236 Sep 13, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>My Stepdad was a cool guy...fought and was wounded in D-Day and the Battle of the Bulge....we used to watch war movies, and he would laugh, and remind me that the german's were excellent shots.....lol....
the last of my relatives to survive (early deaths in my clan)
were my great aunt and uncle...very interesting to hear about folks who lived in a time when radio was the latest rage, and how they coped with the rapid changes that followed. Aunt Lil had a Model A..she was unusual in being a female that worked and owned her own vehicle...

Level 9

Location hidden

#4237 Sep 13, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>My Stepdad was a cool guy...fought and was wounded in D-Day and the Battle of the Bulge....we used to watch war movies, and he would laugh, and remind me that the german's were excellent shots.....lol....
We watched war movies as well and my dad would try to talk like a german..

“Hi!”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#4238 Sep 13, 2013
Waking up to a bed full of puppies nipping at your toes and crawling all over you with all the puppy breath. Lol!

Level 7

Location hidden

#4239 Sep 14, 2013
Anybody here, see the photo of the NASA Satellite launch...with the frog flying threw the air?

“Hi!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#4240 Sep 14, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Anybody here, see the photo of the NASA Satellite launch...with the frog flying threw the air?
Not yet, but sounds cool

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#4241 Sep 14, 2013
Lounging lazzzzzzy...and digging the tunes of Santana.w/the cool morning breezes flowing through the opened windows and the sun rays...warming my toes!!

OMG!! Sanctuary...

Level 7

Location hidden

#4242 Sep 14, 2013
Taking a break...Johnny Football down by 14 to Bama at half.....God i love football.....

Level 9

Location hidden

#4243 Sep 14, 2013
Watching those little guys play football..(O:

“Hi!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#4244 Sep 15, 2013
Watching football right now! Woo hoo :)
dad of 3

Portland, OR

#4245 Sep 15, 2013
Walking slowly hand-in-hand along the water's edge on the local C/O river beach with my beautiful wife, feeling the cool water around our feet and the cooling breeze on our skin, and watching our kids laughing and frolicking up ahead of us.

Level 9

Location hidden

#4246 Sep 15, 2013
Hearing from a friend I haven't heard from for some time...Love that person..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min wichita-rick 150,918
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Blitzking 126,486
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 9 min SUG here 2,703
What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 9 min Old Sam 978
SAMs a Fkn Pussscceee 10 min lol 14
My Official Goodnight Thread (Mar '12) 11 min Debra27 273
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 11 min Old Sam 7,138
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 18 min lol 7,824
Bill Cosby 22 min Xstain Mullahs 134
Two chocolate makers warn of huge annual deficit 28 min Xstain Mullahs 128