Simple things that make you happy, sm...

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#3738 May 24, 2013
Tight low-rise jeans with lots of glitter on the pockets.

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3739 May 24, 2013
Hearing from the certain person...

“Want A Friend, Be One”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

You'll Know Your True Friends.

#3741 May 24, 2013
just to get ILY from that special person..I melt.
Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#3742 May 24, 2013
Everything about him! hmmmm..........

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#3743 May 25, 2013
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream...in a Waffle Cone..OMG!!

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#3744 May 25, 2013
barbecue and birthdays!!

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#3745 May 25, 2013
The laughter of children and grandchildren.

Level 9

Location hidden

#3746 May 25, 2013
I hit 5 of 6 numbers in the lotto for $1,242 last night...should I tell my wife?...

Level 3

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3747 May 25, 2013
Being in the company of people who enjoy your company :-)

“Easy does it... ”

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3748 May 25, 2013
I Am Enzo - The Baker wrote:
I hit 5 of 6 numbers in the lotto for $1,242 last night...should I tell my wife?...
Nah... put in your piggy bank and save it for next recession (or possibly depression). But at least buy her a nice dinner to ease your possible guilty conscience. And take a friend or two possibly...

“Easy does it... ”

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3749 May 25, 2013
The look on Enzo's face, when all of us Topix peeps consider our selves "friends" and show up at his place to be included on the dining list. Just to help spend his lottery winnings.

Friend, old buddy old pal... I like my (at least 12 oz.steak) to be cooked medium... just saying :).

LOL, JK...
Lyin Cheatin Lovin

United States

#3750 May 25, 2013
Guess.

Level 9

Location hidden

#3751 May 25, 2013
Iff I ever hit the big one, I'll invite all you Offbeaters to the biggest bash...the ferret and the pizza roll included...

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3752 May 25, 2013
Playing catch with my sons. They are getting old enough where they can throw and catch pretty good. I remember when they could only throw a football less than 10 feet.
Level 6

Location hidden

#3753 May 25, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Playing catch with my sons. They are getting old enough where they can throw and catch pretty good. I remember when they could only throw a football less than 10 feet.
How old are your kids, sublime 1?

Level 8

Location hidden

#3754 May 25, 2013
Proud To Be Trina wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are your kids, sublime 1?
11, 10, and 8. My two oldest had their b-days early this week.

My oldest is autistic, tho, and not very good at sports, but I include him too. He's gotten better this year. I've been impressed with his development. Everything is so much harder for him, tho.

“It's a secret”

Level 8

Since: Sep 12

Or maybe I just forgot!!

#3755 May 25, 2013

Smile, cry...what have you..

:)
Level 6

Location hidden

#3756 May 25, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
11, 10, and 8. My two oldest had their b-days early this week.
My oldest is autistic, tho, and not very good at sports, but I include him too. He's gotten better this year. I've been impressed with his development. Everything is so much harder for him, tho.
Well, you seem like a very good dad. And, of course, include him, one of my best friends, has a boy with downs and he has a harder time with sports also, but they still need to be included, absolutely. He's still your kid and you gotta love em all the same, which I'm sure is no problem for you. You seem to have such a loyalty to your family and that is truly something to be admired. The one that I miscarried, at the end of my 3rd month, it's heart didn't develop properly and I spent so much time beating myself up, trying to figure out what I did wrong, but now I know that it was just something that happened. My other 2 have had heart scans and they are both perfectly healthy though, just wanted to be safe. The doctor told me that when you hear of those kids who die of heart failure and they don't know why, it's usually an undetected heart problem, so I'm glad that it happened that way and not after I got to know and love him or her. You hug those babies extra tight everyday and let them know how much they are loved, that is the absolute most important thing, better than any material things we could ever give them. As always, you are a delight to talk to.

Level 8

Location hidden

#3757 May 25, 2013
Proud To Be Trina wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you seem like a very good dad. And, of course, include him, one of my best friends, has a boy with downs and he has a harder time with sports also, but they still need to be included, absolutely. He's still your kid and you gotta love em all the same, which I'm sure is no problem for you. You seem to have such a loyalty to your family and that is truly something to be admired. The one that I miscarried, at the end of my 3rd month, it's heart didn't develop properly and I spent so much time beating myself up, trying to figure out what I did wrong, but now I know that it was just something that happened. My other 2 have had heart scans and they are both perfectly healthy though, just wanted to be safe. The doctor told me that when you hear of those kids who die of heart failure and they don't know why, it's usually an undetected heart problem, so I'm glad that it happened that way and not after I got to know and love him or her. You hug those babies extra tight everyday and let them know how much they are loved, that is the absolute most important thing, better than any material things we could ever give them. As always, you are a delight to talk to.
I'm sorry to hear that.:(

For the longest time he wasn't interested in it, but now he is. I don't believe in forcing my kids into doing sports ... I was as a child and I hated it. I do make them get off the computer x-box or what have you and go outside, tho, but I let them choose.

As of late they've all been getting more interested in sports (we had them in basketball, baseball a few years ago, but they didn't try, screwed around in practice, and got mad at me when I would tell them their coach said they need to practice and ask them to come play catch with me or practice ... so we stopped doing that).

I was the same way, tho. Other than soccer, I didn't really get into sports until about their age and into junior high. I hated little league, but was forced to play. So I've always thought, just let them be boys, enjoy their youth, and when they wanna actually put the effort in and do sports, there will be plenty of time for that.

My 10 year old wants to do football, but I told him he has to wait until junior high ... they are too serious about it down here and one of the coaches from his little league team even took his son out of it. With all info that is coming out about concussions, I want him to wait a bit. I have friends who played in college and they seriously question whether they will let their sons do it just from the concussion stand point. I had my bell rung a few times, myself, in high school.

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#3758 May 25, 2013
I Am Enzo - The Baker wrote:
Iff I ever hit the big one, I'll invite all you Offbeaters to the biggest bash...the ferret and the pizza roll included...
ha! congrats on the win, I got a small check for an escrow overage and I was thrilled!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gBaPIJYrDQw/TMotg9v...

haha, how I felt!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 6 min SweLL GirL 16,240
The one item I don't want to be without....... 9 min Sue 30
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 12 min -Papa-Smurf- 10,038
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 13 min Julia 1,256
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 18 min -Papa-Smurf- 6,729
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '15) 20 min -Papa-Smurf- 327
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 22 min Ozzie 71,356
A to Z songs by title or group! 1 hr wichita-rick 968
Back In The Day ... for the third time! 6 hr wichita-rick 251
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 7 hr Lifelover 3,219