Court: $1.8M house built on park must...

Court: $1.8M house built on park must be removed

There are 11 comments on the The Modesto Bee story from Jun 17, 2014, titled Court: $1.8M house built on park must be removed. In it, The Modesto Bee reports that:

The Rhode Island Supreme Court found that the Narragansett home was built entirely on land owned by the Rose Nulman Park Foundation, and therefore must be removed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Modesto Bee.

Nadir

Europe

#1 Jun 17, 2014
Have a sexy gírł

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2 Jun 17, 2014
That is the crappiest 1.8 million dollar house I have ever seen.

“Pompous pontificator”

Level 5

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#3 Jun 17, 2014
Two words: Due diligence.

What dumb-sh!t does this! You START with a survey. It' bad enough when people build too close to a line...but to plant an entire house on the wrong lot is REALLY STUPID!

No sympathy from me, except to allow a reasonable time to move it.
Christsharians on the DL

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Jun 17, 2014
"...Home in Narragansett was built entirely on land owned by the Rose Nulman Park Foundation, and therefore must be removed."

As attorney for the developer I will point out that the Foundation's claim is obviously nul. It's right there in black and white.
Christsharians on the DL

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Jun 17, 2014
Bubbletoes wrote:
What dumb-sh!t does this! You START with a survey. It' bad enough when people build too close to a line...but to plant an entire house on the wrong lot is REALLY STUPID!
Attempting a fait accompli, imo, because the attorney's fees to wind up in the state's Supreme Court would have to rival the cost of the home itself. So they may have built just assuming once the structure was there and the prospect of expensive litigation presented itself that an accommodation would be reached with the Foundation.

(Wrong, as it turns out.)

“Pompous pontificator”

Level 5

Location hidden

#6 Jun 19, 2014
Christsharians on the DL wrote:
<quoted text>
Attempting a fait accompli, imo, because the attorney's fees to wind up in the state's Supreme Court would have to rival the cost of the home itself. So they may have built just assuming once the structure was there and the prospect of expensive litigation presented itself that an accommodation would be reached with the Foundation.
(Wrong, as it turns out.)
Too big a risk to assume 'it's easier to get forgiveness than permission'.
I never gamble with more than I can afford to lose.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#7 Jun 19, 2014
Just smash down the 2nd floor and file under squatters rights..

~still~

2 years to build that over priced crackerbox...It's as if Mike Brady is their lead architect

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#8 Jun 19, 2014
Bubbletoes wrote:

In-Deed,...

Rated X

Babylon, NY

#9 Jun 19, 2014
That is not a proper place to build a house.

“Pompous pontificator”

Level 5

Location hidden

#10 Jun 19, 2014
Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
In-Deed,...
Can you imagine what quality of surgeon this developer would have made if only he had obliged his parents and went to med school? How many wrong limbs do you have to amputate before being stripped of your medical license?
Streetrunner

Babylon, NY

#11 Oct 1, 2014
Bubbletoes wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you imagine what quality of surgeon this developer would have made if only he had obliged his parents and went to med school? How many wrong limbs do you have to amputate before being stripped of your medical license?
I wouldn't trust that builder to change a light bulb in my house. He is worthless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make up your wildest Headline. (Aug '08) 4 min random troll 607
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 7 min revilot2 19,733
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 8 min Deer Whisperer 59,715
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 10 min Ferrerman 8,307
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 18 min replaytime 204,796
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 22 min Parden Pard 35,883
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 24 min Northbound 197,314
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 1 hr _Susan_ 8,816
More from around the web