Never

Trying To Quit

Once, Accidentally

Going To Someday

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#24 Jan 19, 2009
my only vice is my glasses of wine,,,,, and i take the odd pain killer after i've drunk to many of those!!!

“We The People”

Since: Dec 08

From Canada to Brazil

#25 Jan 19, 2009
Absolutely not. There is a reason it is called dope.

“Hello”

Level 1

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#26 Jan 19, 2009
Only alcohol....

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#27 Jan 19, 2009
Hipp wrote:
<quoted text>I'm with ya CW. If I could quit the cigs i'd have it made.
The last time I quit for almost 5 years, I wish I never would have started again..I blame my ex for this one LOL

“Lets redistribute the wealth!”

Level 2

Since: Nov 08

Where's my check?

#28 Jan 19, 2009
Karma wrote:
Drugs are BAD....
To put it bluntly.
You have a blunt? Cool,pass it over here..........

“I am listening.......”

Level 2

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#29 Jan 19, 2009
I've never used drugs but am thinking that this might be a good time to start.....

Since: Oct 08

The Gulf Coast

#30 Jan 19, 2009
Dare to say No to Prozac.

“Truth, Justice”

Since: Dec 07

and the American Way

#31 Jan 19, 2009
Cheeka-Weeka wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time I quit for almost 5 years, I wish I never would have started again..I blame my ex for this one LOL
I had to have two stents put in my heart......When I blamed it on my wife, when she asked how can that be her fault, I said ...I gave my heart to you.

Since: Apr 08

Knoxville, TN

#32 Jan 19, 2009
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I was NOT talking about perscription drugs.
Ecstacy, almost always bad
Heroin, may be bad unless used carefully and only for the right reasons.
Marijuana, almost never bad unless you try to make it the central focus of your life. Very useful medically.
LSD, useful medically, slight possibility of being bad if misused.
PCP, alway bad, unless you are a horse.
Just curious. What would be a right reason for using Herion? How is LSD useful medically? How about Cocaine, is there a right reason to use it? It is useful medically?

“The more things change...”

The more they stay the same!!!

#33 Jan 19, 2009
Freemind wrote:
<quoted text>Just curious. What would be a right reason for using Herion? How is LSD useful medically? How about Cocaine, is there a right reason to use it? It is useful medically?
Heroin was developed as an alternative to morphine. An excellent painkiller yet very addictive. Could be used in terminal patients experiencing extreme pain.

Cocaine was and is still used as a topical anhestetic.

LSD was used experimentally to treat schizophrenia. The results were not very promising. In fact LSD is more likely to cause schizophrenic symptoms than it is to alleviate them.

The one drug that the original poster mentioned which has the most potential medically speaking is the one that he/she dismissed altogether. MDMA (exstacy) is in affictive tool in lowering inhabitions and mental blocks for patients seeking psychological therapies. The drug was used in just this way up until the mid eighties when the when the DEA listed it as a schedule 1 drug effectively banning it from medical use.

“The more things change...”

The more they stay the same!!!

#34 Jan 19, 2009
Please excuse the typos.

Knoxville, TN

#35 Jan 19, 2009
Former Lee Warmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Heroin was developed as an alternative to morphine. An excellent painkiller yet very addictive. Could be used in terminal patients experiencing extreme pain.
LSD was used experimentally to treat schizophrenia. The results were not very promising. In fact LSD is more likely to cause schizophrenic symptoms than it is to alleviate them.
The one drug that the original poster mentioned which has the most potential medically speaking is the one that he/she dismissed altogether. MDMA (exstacy) is in affictive tool in lowering inhabitions and mental blocks for patients seeking psychological therapies. The drug was used in just this way up until the mid eighties when the when the DEA listed it as a schedule 1 drug effectively banning it from medical use.
Oh. Didn't know any of that. Just figured dude would give some lame answer and then I was gonna bust his balls a little for being a dope head. Nevermind.

“Poke the bear at your own risk”

Since: Sep 07

Leadville, CO

#36 Jan 19, 2009
What drugs do you refer?
Caffine? Sugar? Acetimetophine?
Thyroid? Sleep aides? Anti Anxieties? Antidepressants? Anitbiotics? Asprin? Red dye #2? LOL
Or do you only mean the illegal variety?
LOL

“No Allah: know peace”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#37 Jan 19, 2009
Former Lee Warmer wrote:
<quoted text>
I was unaware of MDMA's medical uses. I would disgree with your assessment of LSD, however. The only time it was significantly implicated in inducing psychological problems was the tests conducted by the CIA within the spook community. Hmm, give a hallucinogenic drug to people that are professionally paranoid, without telling them? What do you think is gonna happen in a case like that?

Still, LSD is not something to mess with casually.

Oh, and I just recently read an abstract from an article dealing with smoked marijuana as an analgesic for HIV patients.
Here's the link:
http://www.nature.com/npp/journal/v34/n3/full...

“No Allah: know peace”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#38 Jan 19, 2009
Freemind wrote:
<quoted text>Oh. Didn't know any of that. Just figured dude would give some lame answer and then I was gonna bust his balls a little for being a dope head. Nevermind.
Oh, I consider "recreation" to be a reasonable excuse for using some drugs. Just that there are some drugs that should not be used casually. Marijuana is mostly harmless, unless you turn it into a ajor focus of your life. Or, well, operate heavy machinery or stuff like that... which ought to be obvious.

“Knowledge is Power”

Pond Creek, Oklahoma

#39 Jan 19, 2009
IF YOU DON'T TALK TO YOUR CAT ABOUT CATNIP,
WHO WILL?

Did the meth thing like a retard and then successfully used pot to get off meth. I still have no idea why I did that white evil sh*t! But, I do miss some of the friends and times we had with "FRED". I'm happily just an occasional drinker now. But, I still can't quit the cigars. Which, I started smoking before I learned Phillies were great for stuffing "herb" into. Regardless, drugs are terrible but; Any Addiction that controls your life sucks. Peace to all. May we all battle and defeat our demons!:)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#40 Jan 19, 2009
Hell yeah, prescription drugs rock ... I have a nice little cocktail, every morning and every night, LOLOL
Anonymous

Atlanta, GA

#41 Jan 19, 2009
I quit drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes too. Caffeine is my big hangup and sweets. So I guess no. I just quit illegal drugs. Cigarettes are alot easier than you might think. Just don't pick up the first.

Knoxville, TN

#42 Jan 19, 2009
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I consider "recreation" to be a reasonable excuse for using some drugs. Just that there are some drugs that should not be used casually. Marijuana is mostly harmless, unless you turn it into a ajor focus of your life. Or, well, operate heavy machinery or stuff like that... which ought to be obvious.
DOPE HEAD!!!

Since: Sep 08

United States

#43 Jan 19, 2009
My vices are Mtn. Dew and potato chips.

For everything else, there's a prescription.

LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
One Word (Jan '09) 2 min Princess Hey 15,108
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min scientia potentia... 195,220
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 4 min Bezeer 12,788
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 5 min Princess Hey 144,042
News Mom Gives Birth on Plane, Names Baby After Airline 5 min Knock off purse s... 3
News Crowdfunding Campaign Helps Get Cat Out Of Tree 8 min Knock off purse s... 2
one word (Apr '11) 10 min Knock off purse s... 6,921
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 16 min Princess Hey 1,712
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 36 min Northbound 189,077
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 1 hr Zom13 5,285
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Northbound 55,645
More from around the web