Is the sale of Girl Scout cookies a s...

“Forehead wrinkle”

Since: Dec 10

Homefries

#82 Jul 1, 2013
Bradley Lipton wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
It's time to let a manrun the show over there.
A man will turn around and make thing right. They are much more benevolent and kind.
I agree Bradley.
Melanie

Luxemburg, WI

#83 Feb 9, 2014
I would rather give them the money directly than to buy a box of them. Seriously? 15 cookies in a box this year? Next year it will be ten.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Chicago, IL

#84 Feb 9, 2014
The boxes ARE pretty small these days. AND they are a dollar more than last year. Still, I bought 3 boxes yesterday.
Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#85 Feb 9, 2014
I really don't care if its a scam or not, the cookies are still yummy, and I also don't care about the price. The plus is you're not giving your money to a random company, you are giving it back to the community.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Chicago, IL

#87 Feb 9, 2014
door man wrote:
Hello, folks! Welcome to Abject Capitalism! Step right in it! There's NOTHING wrong with obscene profits!
Mr Door Man, may we simply call you 'Back'?

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#88 Feb 9, 2014
sad but true , how many Mom's sell their daughters Girl Scout Cookies at work . bars etc etc .......... feel sorry for the door to door girls who try

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#89 Feb 9, 2014
tallyho wrote:
sad but true , how many Mom's sell their daughters Girl Scout Cookies at work . bars etc etc .......... feel sorry for the door to door girls who try
HEY this MOM sold 700 boxes one yr & dayum proud of it!!! We discouraged the girls from going door-to-door ...too many weird people out there ...=)

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#90 Feb 9, 2014
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY this MOM sold 700 boxes one yr & dayum proud of it!!! We discouraged the girls from going door-to-door ...too many weird people out there ...=)
do her home work as well and you can be proud of that as well

if you pass

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#91 Feb 9, 2014
on second thought go with her and be proud then , because she did it not you ...
FTW

Livonia, NY

#92 Feb 9, 2014
crazy idea wrote:
people at my job sell them ever year around now. i order a couple of boxes but never around when they come in.
I buy them from the girls who go out and sell the cookies themselves. I get mad at coworkers who are selling the cookies for their kid. Same thing with chocolate bars. Part of it is to develop a work ethic for kids and let them have the experience of satisfaction that comes with it. I'll buy popcorn from boy scouts, GS cookies, and school chocolate bars, but I get offended when parents sell them for their kids. It's misguided to me.Some of them get offended when I tell them I would be happy to buy some when I get a knock on my door or a phone call from their little girl asking me, but I refuse to buy them through their parents.
FTW

Livonia, NY

#93 Feb 9, 2014
tallyho wrote:
Exactly.... Those parents are teaching kids to be lazy and cheat. I remember going around the neighborhood sell Boy scout popcorn as a cub scout and always getting low sales. I'd here the same thing a lot, "I ordered some through a guy at work already. I'd be one of the few who's parents made them do the work and would have the lower end of sales, because the fat, spoiled kids dad took the order form to the office. while Johnny played Nintendo. Still it felt good when you you made the sales and saw how you helped troop pay for camp-outs.
FTW

Livonia, NY

#94 Feb 9, 2014
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop watching Nancy Grace and encourage your kids to take responsibility. If you are so scared of them knocking on your neighbors door, that shows how little you know your neighbors. If it bothers you post them in a place with foot traffic and have them sell to passers-by. Your teaching those girls to be scared of the world and that someone will be there to do their work. It's misguided.

Level 8

Location hidden

#97 Feb 9, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
do her home work as well and you can be proud of that as well
if you pass
no way was busy doing my OWN homework!!! she was always honor roll student & now college scholarship honor student all by herself ...well she did get her Mama's brains & good looks...

(sheesh I wont tell him I'm helping her with college homework right this minute) discussion...not doing it for her...

Level 8

Location hidden

#98 Feb 9, 2014
FTW wrote:
<quoted text>Stop watching Nancy Grace and encourage your kids to take responsibility. If you are so scared of them knocking on your neighbors door, that shows how little you know your neighbors. If it bothers you post them in a place with foot traffic and have them sell to passers-by. Your teaching those girls to be scared of the world and that someone will be there to do their work. It's misguided.
oh bite my southern lily white azz!!! I have 2 very well adjusted grown kids...but wow what a great idea about the foot traffic...we set up booth at the fair when my son was in cub scouts...sold bazillion boxes/cans of popcorn then had to deliver all that crap

PS I still have MY popcorn can...I store coffee filters in it...

Enzo49

“Vintage 1949”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

...lightly salted...

#99 Feb 9, 2014
I'll continue to buy them as long as it makes the kids happy...
DILF Scouts

Huntington, NY

#100 Feb 10, 2014
Uh Clem wrote:
The boxes ARE pretty small these days. AND they are a dollar more than last year. Still, I bought 3 boxes yesterday.
Good for you!!!

My daughter sells them.....I help as well....

I was actually approached by another girl scout troop at the bagel shop I go to...... I told themn I was sorry but my daughter sells cookies and we bought plently already.....I then handed them $5.00 and said I wanted to donate it DIRECTLY to her troop.

I've heard rumors that the troop only gets like .50 centes per box sold or something like that....so my $5.00 is equivalent to buying 10 boxes. Makes me feel good.
FTW

United States

#101 Feb 10, 2014
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
oh bite my southern lily white azz!!! I have 2 very well adjusted grown kids...but wow what a great idea about the foot traffic...we set up booth at the fair when my son was in cub scouts...sold bazillion boxes/cans of popcorn then had to deliver all that crap
PS I still have MY popcorn can...I store coffee filters in it...
looking at my comment I was being a little caustic with my chosen wording ( sorry). The bite my southern lily white azz cracked me up though.

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Level 6

Location hidden

#102 Feb 10, 2014
Dang FTW we gonna have to consider u a nice poster if u keep being so considerate. ;).

“100% Princess”

Level 8

and totally harmless

#103 Feb 10, 2014
yes it IS a scam. I checked the ingredient list of the Samoas--not only were there no Samoas listed, but there were no girl scouts listed either.

Level 9

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#104 Feb 10, 2014
Every year, Girl Scouts set up in front of Wal-Mart. I bought a couple of boxes and also just give them money for their troop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2words into 2new words (May '12) 4 min Judy 123 9,395
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 10 min Judy 123 25,250
'Double Letter S' (Dec '12) 13 min Judy 123 1,787
WHo ARe YOu THinking ABout RIght NOw (Jul '13) 15 min Manuel 1,140
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Ricky F 230,163
True False Game (Jun '11) 1 hr avon5735 16,654
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 1 hr avon5735 6,982