Is the sale of Girl Scout cookies a s...
End The Hate

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Jan 14, 2011
DILF wrote:
It's that time again!!!!!
Yes it is...and we luv it! All of our neighbors, relatives, friends and staff at school support my daughters troop when they purchase cookies from her and she has a great time selling, counting money and making change. It's a fund raiser imo and is not a scam. It's not difficult to view the records and if people think the price is too high don't buy, simple!

“So Hillary Blames the Universe”

Since: Jun 08

..for her peevishness..

#23 Jan 14, 2011
Scam or not...

LET THERE BE THIN MINTS!!!

You can have ALL those others. But the MINTS are MINE!

You are a Dork

“Temple Bar”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#24 Jan 14, 2011
End The Hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is...and we luv it! All of our neighbors, relatives, friends and staff at school support my daughters troop when they purchase cookies from her and she has a great time selling, counting money and making change. It's a fund raiser imo and is not a scam. It's not difficult to view the records and if people think the price is too high don't buy, simple!
Do you deliver?

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#25 Jan 14, 2011
Old Sam wrote:
Scam or not...
LET THERE BE THIN MINTS!!!
You can have ALL those others. But the MINTS are MINE!
back off them has already been spoken for and I ain't sharing,go find some more...and keep them hands away from the cold pitcher of milk...see what happens when you come late...

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#26 Jan 14, 2011
I got kicked out of Cub Scouts for eating a Brownie in my tent.
End The Hate

Los Angeles, CA

#27 Jan 14, 2011
You are a Dork wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you deliver?
LOL...gotta, it's part of the process!

..for her peevishness..

#28 Jan 14, 2011
GMGMIKE wrote:
<quoted text>back off them has already been spoken for and I ain't sharing,go find some more...and keep them hands away from the cold pitcher of milk...see what happens when you come late...
You may be old, but you sure are slow...

You are a Dork

“Temple Bar”

Location hidden

#29 Jan 14, 2011
End The Hate wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...gotta, it's part of the process!
To Arizona?

Level 8

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#30 Jan 14, 2011
My princess & I sold 700 boxes one year for trip to San Antonio & then the leader decided to go to Houston...pizzed me off!!!

..for her peevishness..

#31 Jan 14, 2011
Laci Rae wrote:
My princess & I sold 700 boxes one year for trip to San Antonio & then the leader decided to go to Houston...pizzed me off!!!
Houston?!

WAY more cool stuff to do in SAT.

Level 8

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#32 Jan 14, 2011
Old Sam wrote:
<quoted text>Houston?!
WAY more cool stuff to do in SAT.
why you think i was pizzed off??? i mean i have had alot of fun in houston, many times & that was the point, been there, done that & bought the tee shirt, i will make it to san antonio one day
End The Hate

Los Angeles, CA

#33 Jan 14, 2011
You are a Dork wrote:
<quoted text>
To Arizona?
Uh, that's kinda far...would take us forever to get there on her bike! LOL.
End The Hate

Los Angeles, CA

#34 Jan 14, 2011
Laci Rae wrote:
<quoted text>
why you think i was pizzed off??? i mean i have had alot of fun in houston, many times & that was the point, been there, done that & bought the tee shirt, i will make it to san antonio one day
Luv the River Walk in San Antonio, stayed at the Hyatt...it was beautiful.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#35 Jan 15, 2011
I'll begin to wonder if they start marketing them as "Organic" or worse yet..."Free Range"...Bwaaahaha...now there's a scam..!!!!

You are a Dork

“Temple Bar”

Location hidden

#36 Jan 15, 2011
End The Hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, that's kinda far...would take us forever to get there on her bike! LOL.
10 boxes of thin mints please! Oh, and you'd better hurry, If you leave sometime this next week you should be able to get here by March, before it gets into the 100's plus. I don't want no melted cookies, lmao!

“~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*”

Level 1

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

#37 Jan 15, 2011
I have heard that the company that makes the cookies gets almost all of the money, leaving the scouts almost nothing. (Maybe it isn't true though.)
Sabo

Saratoga Springs, NY

#38 Jan 19, 2011
Totally agree Diane. I am the cookie chair for my daughters first foray into this scheme. We are only doing it because they r so excited. We would not do the cookie college - where they dangle all the prizes they can win and show them a bunch of innovative ways they can run"their own cookie business" while funding a regional administration staff's salary's. Also the cookies r not $4 everywhere. Someone at the last cookie netting said that they r syllable 3:50 inNH. So your local area sets the price. It makes my skin crawl that more people don't question this. Our troop gets .45 per box only if all the registered girls sell at least 100. I think the fact that they are unhealthy REALLY needs to be adressed. I'm going to look up that documentary. Thanks for your comments!!!
laurie

Buzzards Bay, MA

#39 Jan 20, 2011
In Massachusetts, cookies cost $4.00 per box and the profit that our troop makes off of that is 60 cents!!
Lil Suzy

Moline, IL

#40 Jan 20, 2011
How does a cub scout become a full fledged boy scout?
He's got to eat a brownie.

(I know corny)

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#41 Jan 20, 2011
Sabo wrote:
I think the fact that they are unhealthy REALLY needs to be adressed. I'm going to look up that documentary. Thanks for your comments!!!
Cookies aren't healthy?!?! I am shocked..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 2 min aka Deja Blue 14,173
Change 1 letter game! (Oct '15) 4 min aka Deja Blue 333
Post "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Jul '12) 6 min quilterqueen 3,766
2 - Rhyming Words (Oct '11) 8 min quilterqueen 3,906
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 9 min aka Deja Blue 11,780
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 9 min quilterqueen 4,422
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 10 min -Glinda- 9,187
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 40 min - Sookie - 151,135
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 43 min Tally 7,194
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Suezanne 228,439
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 1 hr Mechanic 6,164
More from around the web