U.S. Post Offices for sale

Posted in the Weird Forum

Fox News

North Manchester, IN

#1 Jan 22, 2014
Going Postal

http://foundsf.org/index.php...

I'm betting you will be upset after reading this.

The US has entered into a contract with a real estate firm to sell 56 buildings that currently house U.S. Post Offices. The government has decided it no longer needs these buildings, most of which are located on prime land in towns and cities across the country. The sale of these properties will fetch about $19 billion.

A regular real estate commission will be paid to the company that was given the exclusive listing for handling the sales.

That company is CRI and it belongs to a man namedRichard Blum. Richard Blum is the husband of Senator Dianne Feinstein and is shown with her in the picture above.(Most voters and many of the government people who approved the deal have not made the connection between the two because they have different last names).

Senator Feinstein and her husband stand to make a fortune (EST at between $950 million and $1.1 billion!!) from these transactions. His company is the sole real estate on the sale. CRI will be making a minimum of 3% and as much as 6% commission on each and every sale. All of the properties that are being sold are all fully paid for. They were purchased with U.S. taxpayers dollars.

The U.S.P.S. is allowed free and clear, tax exempt use. The only cost to keep them open is the cost to actually keep the doors open and the heat and lights on. The United States Postal Service doesn't even have to pay county property taxes on these subject properties. QUESTION? Would you put your house in foreclosure just because you couldn't afford to pay the electric bill?

Well, the folks in Washington have given the Post Office the OK to do it. Worse yet,most of the net proceeds of the sales will go back to the U.S.P.S, an organization that is so poorly managed that they have lost $117 billion dollars in the past 10 years!

No one in the mainstream media is even raising an eyebrow over the conflict of interest and on the possibility of corruption on the sale of billions of dollars worth of public assets. How does a U.S. Senator from San Francisco manage to get away with organizing and lobbying such a sweet deal? Has our government become so elitist that they have no fear of oversight? And it's no mere coincidence that these two public service crooks have different last names; a feeble attempt at avoiding transparency in these type of transactions.

Verified on Snopes:http://www.snopes.com/p olitics/business/blum.asp and Snopes usually puts a liberal spin on whatever it reports.

It also was verified on TruthofFiction.com which is a more reliable source for checking Internet rumors. You can read what they said by clicking on:
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/b/Blum-P...

NOW....here's the test...Does this TICK YOU OFF? If it doesn't, then don't complain about the corruption and the ineptness in D.C.

Would you like to know who authorized this deal?
Ask your congress, give'm a call. Let them know what you think about things in general - have your notes ready - tape the conversation - let NSA know they got nothing on you. Then share with your friends.

“*=* Always Thinking *=*”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#2 Jan 26, 2014
Here's 1 side of the argument:
http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index....

I had no idea this started in the Clinton era...
“Among President Clinton’s first acts upon taking office in 1993 was to disarm U.S. soldiers on military bases. In March 1993, the Army imposed regulations forbidding military personnel from carrying their personal firearms and making it almost impossible for commanders to issue firearms to soldiers in the U.S. for personal protection. For the most part, only military police regularly carry firearms on base, and their presence is stretched thin by high demand for MPs in war zones.”

Here's a more practical side:
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/dianne-feinste...

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#3 Jan 26, 2014
Was it the late sixties or early seventies when the U.S. Government completely took over the Postal System?

It was previously "oversaw" by our Government. Stamps were 4 cents. Mail delivery was extremely efficient back then.

Now because of free e-mails the new postal system has raised the price of a stamp to 49 cents!

Isn't free enterprise what our country is based on, contradictory what our Government wants now?

We need to go back and privatize The Postal System the way it was before.

Whenever our Government takes over free enterprise.....such as healthcare....nobody wins!

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#4 Jan 26, 2014
I sent a package to Czech Republik filled with documents from Ohio. I used the U.S. Post Office. Czech only received the envelope. I went to the U.S. Post Office to complain. They tracked the weight of the package and it dwindled down at every stop the package arrived. I asked for a refund. The U.S. Post Office says they only guarantee packages in the U.S...

I now use FedEx, DHL, and UPS because they guarantee safe arrival overseas.

The U.S. Postal System isn't worried about competition! The just raise their prices! This is not the American Way! This is a Dictatorship!

We need a privatized competitor now!

We can't support the Cliff Clavens anymore!

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Jan 26, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
Was it the late sixties or early seventies when the U.S. Government completely took over the Postal System?
It was previously "oversaw" by our Government. Stamps were 4 cents. Mail delivery was extremely efficient back then.
Now because of free e-mails the new postal system has raised the price of a stamp to 49 cents!
Isn't free enterprise what our country is based on, contradictory what our Government wants now?
We need to go back and privatize The Postal System the way it was before.
Whenever our Government takes over free enterprise.....such as healthcare....nobody wins!
Other way around. The USPS WAS a government agency then was privatized.

What I cannot figure out are the millions it spends on ads telling us we can use the Post Office to send letters and packages. DUH! I would like to know if ANYONE ever saw one of those and smacked their forehead and went,'Gee, I didn't know THAT's what they do!'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 13 min beatlesinafog 56,872
$500 Fine - moveover 14 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 24 min beatlesinafog 140,460
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 46 min beatlesinafog 31,945
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 49 min ChristineM 164,082
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 8,294
A six word game (Dec '08) 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 18,390
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr I Am No One_ 29,127
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr eleanorigby 40,730
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr wichita-rick 162,912