thank you to the men and women of the...

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#3524 Jul 18, 2013
Thank you to all the men and women who have or are serving with honor in the armed services of the free world.
May your days be safe and peaceful.
Warriors come home soon to those who love, honor, respect and miss you.

ALL GAVE SOME...SOME GAVE ALL

Level 8

USA

#3525 Jul 25, 2013
Just returned from the VFW National convention in Louisville Kentucky. Great time, good information shared. Met some good comrades. Learned a lot that I plan to share with my Post. Drank too much and slept too little.
All in all, a very successful convention. On to St. Louis next year.

“Insert useless statement here.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3526 Jul 25, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
Just returned from the VFW National convention in Louisville Kentucky. Great time, good information shared. Met some good comrades. Learned a lot that I plan to share with my Post. Drank too much and slept too little.
All in all, a very successful convention. On to St. Louis next year.
Good Morning RH. Glad you enjoyed your trip. Happy you made it home safely. I always look forward to reading all of your posts. Thank You for remembering our men and women of the armed services.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#3527 Jul 25, 2013
There will Never be ENOUGH words to CONVEY the RESPECT and GRATITUDE for our American Troops SERVING our COUNTRY with PRIDE...

We Americans SALUTE You All..

Thank You...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 8

USA

#3528 Jul 25, 2013
Chris - PSL wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning RH. Glad you enjoyed your trip. Happy you made it home safely. I always look forward to reading all of your posts. Thank You for remembering our men and women of the armed services.
Good to hear from you Chris. The trip home was long. Los Angeles by way of Detroit. Got in at midnight.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Level 7

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#3529 Jul 26, 2013
Soldier Reunited with Dog Befriended in Afghanistan
Staff Sgt. Kevin Brady discusses his reunion with his best four-legged friend.
07/22/2013

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/soldier-reuni...

Level 8

USA

#3530 Jul 30, 2013
Col. Bud Day, Heroic Pilot in Vietnam War, Dies at 88

Col. Bud Day, an Air Force fighter pilot who was shot down in the Vietnam War, imprisoned with John McCain in the notorious “Hanoi Hilton” and defiantly endured more than five years of brutality without divulging sensitive information to his captors, earning him the Medal of Honor, died on Saturday in Shalimar, Fla. He was 88.

His death was announced by his wife, Doris.

Colonel Day was among America’s most highly decorated servicemen, having received nearly 70 medals and awards, more than 50 for combat exploits. In addition to the Medal of Honor, the nation’s highest award for valor, he was awarded the Air Force Cross, the highest combat award specifically for airmen.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/29/us/col-bud-... ;

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#3531 Jul 30, 2013
I thank our armed forces because I don't want to practice Sharia.

Level 8

USA

#3532 Jul 30, 2013

Level 7

Jonesboro AR

#3533 Jul 31, 2013
Military Reunions with Man's Best Friend: Dogs Welcoming Home Their Owners from Deployment

Level 5

Location hidden

#3534 Aug 1, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
Military Reunions with Man's Best Friend: Dogs Welcoming Home Their Owners from Deployment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =iD3cgDRsDckXX
Kathwynn, thanks for sharing such an adorable video. Dogs are truly man's best friend. Brought tears to my eyes. My dogs knocked my husband over and laid on-top of him when he came home. I've got 3 mastiffs. My husband isn't military but does PSD work as a private contractor. He leaves for 14 months each time.

Level 7

Jonesboro AR

#3535 Aug 1, 2013
Marine Helps Boy Finish Race, Melts Our Hearts

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/marine-...

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#3536 Aug 6, 2013
Can they PLEASE drop the Mar. tag from the front of Nidal Malik Hasan, he's no major, he's a terrorist and scumbag who I personally hope they do NOT give him the death penalty which is what he wants, PLEASE give him life which i'll gladly pay taxes on and lock him up in general public with life and no parole for the killings of 13 American Military personel.

Or better yet strap him down to a truck bed and slowly drive through several major cities! lol

Level 5

Location hidden

#3537 Aug 6, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
Can they PLEASE drop the Mar. tag from the front of Nidal Malik Hasan, he's no major, he's a terrorist and scumbag who I personally hope they do NOT give him the death penalty which is what he wants, PLEASE give him life which i'll gladly pay taxes on and lock him up in general public with life and no parole for the killings of 13 American Military personel.
Or better yet strap him down to a truck bed and slowly drive through several major cities! lol
I want to also add....I'd the POTUS to stop calling it an act of work place violence and call it...an act of terrorism!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#3538 Aug 12, 2013
Ya know...The average American needs to PRAY for all the Men and Women WHO join the Military today...

For they are AWARE of the the UNREST all over the World.. and STILL join...

So THANK YOU ALL for your service and dedication to your Country.. It's Called PRIDE!!!

“smile and have fun!”

Level 4

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#3539 Aug 12, 2013
It's been quite a while since I've posted here!

Not a day goes by that I am not thankful for those who a standing for the freedom I enjoy each day!

On August 4 marked the 223rd birthday of the United States Coast Guard. I can't thank the men and women of the CG enough!!!!

But truly my thanks goes out to ALL the men and women honorably defending this amazing country we live in!

Level 8

USA

#3540 Aug 17, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/embed/MjPmmCtHmfE...

2011 West Virginia University Marching Band Armed Forces Salute

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#3542 Aug 21, 2013
Let's keep our country #1 in the world because of our Armed Forces and their dedication and courage.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#3543 Aug 21, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
Can they PLEASE drop the Ma[j]. tag from the front of Nidal Malik Hasan, he's no major, he's a terrorist and scumbag who I personally hope they do NOT give him the death penalty which is what he wants, PLEASE give him life which i'll gladly pay taxes on and lock him up in general public with life and no parole for the killings of 13 American Military personel. Or better yet strap him down to a truck bed and slowly drive through several major cities! lol
He sure doesn't shave like any major I've ever seen. I hope Hasan gets the death penalty.

Level 8

USA

#3544 Aug 21, 2013
The Things They Carried (carry)

They carried P-38 can openers and heat tabs, watches and dog tags, insect repellent, gum, cigarettes, Zippo Lighters, salt tablets, compress, bandages, ponchos, Kool-Aid, two or three canteens of water,iodine tablets, sterno, LRRP- rations, and C-rations stuffed in socks. They carried standard fatigues, jungle boots, bush hats, flak jackets and steel pots.

They carried the M-16 assault rifle. They carried trip flares and Claymore mines, M-60 machine guns, the M-79 grenade launcher, M-14's, CAR-15's, Stoners, Swedish K's, 66mm Laws, shotguns,.45 caliber pistols, silencers, the sound of bullets, rockets, And choppers, and sometimes the sound of silence.

They carried C-4 plastic explosives, an assortment of hand grenades, PRC-25 radios, Knives and machetes. Some carried napalm, CBU's and large bombs; some risked their lives to rescue others. Some escaped the fear, some dealt with the death and damage. Some made very hard decisions, and some just tried to survive. They carried malaria, dysentery, ring-worms and leaches. They carried the land itself as it hardened on their boots.

They carried stationery, pencils, and pictures of their loved ones - real and imagined. They carried love for people in the real world and love for one another. And sometimes they disguised that love with: "Don't mean nothin'!"
They carried memories for the most part, they carried themselves with poise and a kind of dignity.

Now and then, there were times when panic set in, and people squealed or wanted to, but couldn't; when they twitched and made moaning sounds and covered their heads and said "Dear God", and hugged the earth and fired their weapons blindly and cringed and begged for the noise to stop and went wild and made stupid promises to themselves and God and their parents, hoping not to die.

They carried the traditions of the United States Army, and memories and images of those who served before them. They carried grief, terror, longing and their reputations. They carried the soldier's greatest fear: the embarrassment of dishonor. They crawled into tunnels, walked point, and
advanced under fire, so as not to die of embarrassment. They were afraid of dying, but too afraid to show it. They carried the emotional baggage
of men and women who might die at any moment.

They carried the weight of the world; They carried Each other.

-- Author Unknown

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thong jeans are just the latest weird fashion t... 8 min Abrahammock Relig... 6
News 15 weird wedding rituals from all across the gl... 8 min Parden Pard 4
News Thieves ram U-Haul into Louis Vuitton store in ... 14 min Pam 8
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 14 min F_R_E_D 29,108
Poll Things that drive you crazy (Jan '10) 28 min Lol 5,013
What Could Be Sealed? 32 min Just Sayin 26
#Things You DON'T Want To Hear# 1 hr Sharlene45 230
Does anyone remember? (Apr '13) 3 hr Parden Pard 1,793
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Camilla 224,550
What's one thing you appreciate in your life? 4 hr Laura Beth 581
More from around the web