“Hi!”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3189 Mar 8, 2013
Everyday we remember the sacrifices that are being made on our behalf, so that we can remain free and safe from those who would wish to do us harm. We thank you now and always .

“Hi!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#3190 Mar 8, 2013
And each man stands with his face in the light of his own drawn sword. Ready to do what a hero can. ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

“Hi!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#3191 Mar 8, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
This thread is dedicated to all the men and women who have or are serving with honor in the armed services of the free world.
All are welcome to post herein, of course I know that this means that some people will come here only to post negative comments about the men and women of the armed services and the free countries of the world. This is the price that is paid for the freedoms that we enjoy in the real world and the cyber world.
I will not reply to negative comments and I hope that all others who honor the men and women who have or are serving with honor will not reply to negative posts either.
America was built on the ultimate sacrifice of men and women and continues to be the leader of the world because of the ultimate sacrifice made by its best and brightest. America is certainly not perfect, but she is certainly the best nation on earth. The men and women who serve in the armed services are not all perfect, many join for selfish reasons, but the vast majority are there to honor the ideals promulgated by the founding fathers.
Once again, thank you for your service and sacrifice.
Thanks for this thread! Hugs...

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#3192 Mar 8, 2013
Brandiiiiiiii wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for this thread! Hugs...
YW Brandi

“cat lover”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

Tucson

#3193 Mar 8, 2013
Good morning everyone and happy Friday :)

“You think so?”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#3196 Mar 8, 2013

“Hi!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#3197 Mar 8, 2013
May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely, than this our own country!~Daniel Webster

“smile and have fun!”

Level 4

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#3198 Mar 8, 2013
"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty."

President John F. Kennedy
Sweetie-Pie

United States

#3199 Mar 8, 2013
"Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them."

Gee, thanks, men and women of the armed services.

“cat lover”

Level 6

Tucson

#3202 Mar 9, 2013
morning everyone and God bless the Armed Forces for keeping us safe and for are freedom :)

“Hi!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#3204 Mar 9, 2013
“God bless America, land that I love,
Stand beside her, and guide her,
Through the night, with the light from above,
From the mountains, to the prairies
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, my home sweet home,
God bless America! My Home Sweet Home!”–Irving Berlin, God Bless America
Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#3205 Mar 9, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
God bless Al Qaida. They keep the Americans from invaded every country in the world and in so doing secure peace for the most of us. May they visit the United Snakes again soon.
And I'd sure like you to visit me...I'd put a boot up your ass just like Toby Keith says in his song.. you piece of shit!!!

“smile and have fun!”

Level 4

Location hidden

#3207 Mar 9, 2013
God of our fathers, who by land and sea have ever led us to victory, please continue your inspiring guidance in this the greatest of all conflicts. Strengthen my soul so that the weakening instinct of self-preservation, which besets all of us in battle, shall not blind me of my duty to my own manhood, to the glory of my calling, and to my responsibility to my fellow soldiers. Grant to our armed forces that disciplined valor and mutual confidence which insures success in war. Let me not mourn for the men who have died fighting, but rather let me be glad that such heroes have lived. If it be my lot to die, let me do so with courage and honor in a manner which will bring the greatest harm to the enemy, and please, oh Lord, protect and guide those I shall leave behind. Give us the victory, Lord."
General George Patton
Tom

Bedford, TX

#3208 Mar 9, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
God bless Al Qaida. They keep the Americans from invaded every country in the world and in so doing secure peace for the most of us. May they visit the United Snakes again soon.
What a douc$e!

“cat lover”

Level 6

Tucson

#3210 Mar 10, 2013
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
What a douc$e!
that it is :)

“smile and have fun!”

Level 4

Location hidden

#3211 Mar 10, 2013
"There are some who've forgotten why we have a military. It's not to promote war, it's to be prepared for peace."

President Ronald Reagan

Level 8

USA

#3212 Mar 11, 2013
Linda A. Racaniello
OMG ITS HAPPENING AGAIN

With flags to sell tin cup in hand
be hates thats hes a broken man
they see this man and his routine
but dont bother to notice hes marine

Broken by death he daily faced
When in Vietnam he was placed
The friends hes lost, forever haunt
The horrors he saw, forever taunt

The Viet-cong were cunning
he was sure he smelled them running
hiding in the bushes in the shortest of grass
He mowed them down as they tried to pass

The rain never stopped, turned into a flood
sleeping shoulder to shoulder deep in the mud
The use of Napalm was widely spread
with no oxygen to save the dead

Then he was captured, imprisoned in Hao Lo
What they went through, well probably never know
Beaten with clubs, bones broken and shattered
The tactics of interrogation leave the body battered

No heros welcome in our home-land
when we were ignored we dont understand
with purple heart in hand and smile showing pride
hes grateful no one could see the rage he held inside

We killed for our country, children and mothers
the blood on our hands could be that of a brother
Fighting went on and on, we thought it would never end
When we came home to America we had no friends

Men and boys the draft didnt ignore
were sent to fight on foreign shore
Fighting to keep America free
for all the people and for me

I feel this war is so wrong
lets bring them home where they belong
fighting in wars both now and then
OMG it is happening again

Copyright 2005 by Linda A. Racaniello

Level 8

USA

#3213 Mar 11, 2013

“Roses in September”

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

I ain't Misbehavin'

#3214 Mar 11, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
That really is the bottom line. They don't only "kill them" but also steal their natural resources. And as a twist of mental madness the U.S. government (and its supporters) say the whole thing, "assures the survival and success of liberty"! Is THAT what liberty is?????
Tortured: When Good Soldiers Do Bad Things

[I dont feel like thanking them]

From the Inside Flap

"In Tortured, journalist Justine Sharrock brings us an eyewitness account of what it feels like to torture, revealing a huge chasm between what the headlines say about America's torture program and what really happened. Sharrock traveled around the country, talking to the young, low-ranking soldiers who worked at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo, documenting the consequences of torture. These soldiers, thinking they would be heroes, followed orders from the top with the assurance that those orders were both legal and noble. Later, they realized that they had committed war crimes. Their experiences left them feeling disillusioned and profoundly betrayed by the very government they had set out to defend. For too long, these soldiers hid their reactions and revelations, silenced by family and friends who were determined to see them as war heroes and by the many Americans who think we should have done even more...."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Roses in September”

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

I ain't Misbehavin'

#3215 Mar 11, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
That really is the bottom line. They don't only "kill them" but also steal their natural resources. And as a twist of mental madness the U.S. government (and its supporters) say the whole thing, "assures the survival and success of liberty"! Is THAT what liberty is?????
From the Back Cover

"Powerful and important. Justine Sharrock talks to soldiers whose patriotic duty was warped by the Bush administration, making torturers out of ordinary men and women. A must-read for all Americans concerned by the corrosive impact of the Bush administration's 'War on Terror' policies on the U.S. military." Andy Worthington, journalist and author of The Guantanamo Files

"An extraordinary book that explores the ugliest underbelly of war. Sharrock takes the discussion of torture and prisoner abuse at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo into new territory, delving into the lives of the soldiers on the ground assigned these brutal tasks. Throughout the book, Sharrock maintains a balance between empathy and tough reporting as she examines the anguish and denial of men who participated in what can only be described as acts of evil but who do not believe themselves to be evil." Thomas B. Edsall, political editor, The Huffington Post

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 3 min honeymylove 409
What Could Be Mixed,...? 13 min Enzo49 31
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 15 min Dessa Prada 20,487
What's your tip for the day? 17 min Enzo49 1,071
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 27 min liam cul8r 24,141
What Could Be Stressing,...? 27 min Sublime1 9
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 32 min Mechanic 1,996
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Wolftracks 146,988
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr eleanorigby 36,514
•••