“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#3043 Feb 22, 2013
Thank you to all the men and women who have or are serving with honor in the armed services of the free world.
May your days be safe and peaceful.
Warriors, come home soon to those who love, honor, respect and miss you.

ALL GAVE SOME...SOME GAVE ALL!!!

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Bronx, NY

#3046 Feb 23, 2013
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them...
John F. Kennedy...

“Hi!”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3048 Feb 23, 2013
Thank you troops past and present! I will never forget!

“Hi!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#3049 Feb 23, 2013
I will brook neither dissent nor quibbling. America is great because America is free. Everything else that is great about America is a result of the freedoms that Americans enjoy.

“Hi!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#3051 Feb 23, 2013
Mia LeNora wrote:
Oh, looky..a sudden wave of Patriotism.!!!

Hello, Brandi!!!!!!!!!{waves back}}}}}
Hi :)

“smile and have fun!”

Level 4

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#3052 Feb 23, 2013
Thank you for another amazing day in the beautiful country!!! Brought to each and every one of us by the American Soldiers, past, present, & future!

Level 4

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#3053 Feb 23, 2013
Thank you!

“smile and have fun!”

Level 4

Location hidden

#3055 Feb 24, 2013
I woke up today to the glorious sounds of my children laughing! I love that sound!!! They are happy and safe! They don't worry if some schmuck in going to know down our doors and they are going to be taken from our home for some random reason! They live in a free country and that is because of the men and women who fight every day to keep it that way!

THANK YOU!!!! United States Armed Forces!!!!

“Petite twink, barely legal”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3056 Feb 24, 2013
Thank you to Stephen, John, Mike, and Lee for your service. May you always be safe and always be treated with respect for what you're doing.

Level 8

USA

#3057 Feb 25, 2013
SPEAK MY NAME

After Iím dead, speak my name.
I know your grief is killing
And my name is a reminder
Of what youíve lost,
Or what you wish to deny
That youíve lost.

But I still exist.
The boy, the son, the brother, the friend, the lover
That you loved
Had, still has an indelible spirit.
And is still here
And will exist forever.

Iím just here,
On the other side.
Iím still me.
I miss you calling out
My name;
On the phone, for dinner, in whispered closeness, even in anger.
I still love you all.
After Iím dead please,
Speak my name

©Copyright 2009 by Susan A. Raby-Dunne

Authorís Note:ďSpeak My NameĒ was written for the brother and sister of a Vietnam veteran KIA. They did not utter his name after his death for decades; just the way some families dealt with death in those days. They speak of him often now.

Level 8

USA

#3058 Feb 25, 2013
Haven - Proud Soldiers - Military Tribute to the United States Armed Forces

Im talking to you

Bedford, TX

#3061 Feb 25, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>"SPEAK EASY"

Will there be another breakdown
Communication is a let down
When you speak is it easy
Your trying too hard to please me
I know what you think
I think the same things as you
And do the same things as you
Don't break the habit of a lifetime
You broke the habit of a lifetime
I see through everything you do

Will there ever be a right sound
Communication is a let down
You wouldn't speak for a million
Give me your honest opinion-
in your own words

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ULv_r2ZhbGQXX
Go away! Just go away!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#3063 Feb 25, 2013
USMC ~ SEMPER FI ... RIP ~ DADDY

BOB SEGER ~ LIKE A ROCK

A Film by Steve Courtright *****
God Bless the men and women in service defending our freedom and our way of life. Today and forever .....

“smile and have fun!”

Level 4

Location hidden

#3064 Feb 25, 2013
American Soldier - Toby Keith

http://youtu.be/DWrMeBR8W-c

One of my favorite tributes!!!

Level 8

USA

#3065 Feb 25, 2013
ABRELL, CHARLES G.
Organization: U.S. Marine Corps
Company: Company E, 2d Battalion
Division: 1st Marines, 1st Marine Division
Born: 12 August 1931, Terre Haute, Ind.
Departed: Yes
Entered Service At: Terre Haute, Ind.
G.O. Number:
Date of Issue:
Accredited To:
Place / Date: Hangnyong, Korea, 10 June 1951

Citation

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while serving as a fire team leader in Company E, in action against enemy aggressor forces. While advancing with his platoon in an attack against well-concealed and heavily fortified enemy hill positions, Cpl. Abrell voluntarily rushed forward through the assaulting squad which was pinned down by a hail of intense and accurate automatic-weapons fire from a hostile bunker situated on commanding ground. Although previously wounded by enemy hand grenade fragments, he proceeded to carry out a bold, single-handed attack against the bunker, exhorting his comrades to follow him. Sustaining 2 additional wounds as he stormed toward the emplacement, he resolutely pulled the pin from a grenade clutched in his hand and hurled himself bodily into the bunker with the live missile still in his grasp. Fatally wounded in the resulting explosion which killed the entire enemy guncrew within the stronghold, Cpl. Abrell, by his valiant spirit of self-sacrifice in the face of certain death, served to inspire all his comrades and contributed directly to the success of his platoon in attaining its objective. His superb courage and heroic initiative sustain and enhance the highest traditions of the U.S. Naval Service. He gallantly gave his life for his country.

Level 8

USA

#3066 Feb 25, 2013
ADAMS, JAMES F.
Organization: U.S. Army
Company: Company D
Division: 1st West Virginia Cavalry
Born: Cabell County, Va.
Entered Service At:
G.O. Number:
Date of Issue:
Accredited To:
Place / Date: At Nineveh, Va., 12 November 1864

Citation

Capture of State flag of 14th Virginia Cavalry (C.S.A.)

Level 8

USA

#3067 Feb 25, 2013
ADAMS, JOHN G. B.
Company: Company I
Division: 19th Massachusetts Infantry
Born: Groveland, Mass.
Entered Service At:
G.O. Number:
Date of Issue: 12/16/1896
Accredited To:
Place / Date: At Fredericksburg, Va., 13 December 1862

Citation

Seized the 2 colors from the hands of a corporal and a lieutenant as they fell mortally wounded, and with a color in each hand advanced across the field to a point where the regiment was reformed on those colors.

Level 8

USA

#3068 Feb 25, 2013
ADAMS, JOHN MAPES
Organization: U.S. Marine Corps
Company:
Division:
Born: 11 October 1871, Haverhill, Mass.
Entered Service At:
G.O. Number: 55
Date of Issue:
Accredited To: Massachusetts
Place / Date:

Citation

In the presence of the enemy during the battle near Tientsin, China, 13 July 1900, Adams distinguished himself by meritorious conduct.

Level 8

USA

#3069 Feb 25, 2013
ADAMS, LUCIAN
Company:
Division: 30th Infantry, 3d Infantry Division
Born: Port Arthur, Tex.
Entered Service At: Port Arthur, Tex.
G.O. Number: 20
Date of Issue: 03/29/1945
Accredited To:
Place / Date: Near St. Die, France, 28 October 1944

Citation

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at risk of life above and beyond the call of duty on 28 October 1944, near St. Die, France. When his company was stopped in its effort to drive through the Mortagne Forest to reopen the supply line to the isolated third battalion, S/Sgt. Adams braved the concentrated fire of machineguns in a lone assault on a force of German troops. Although his company had progressed less than 10 yards and had lost 3 killed and 6 wounded, S/Sgt. Adams charged forward dodging from tree to tree firing a borrowed BAR from the hip. Despite intense machinegun fire which the enemy directed at him and rifle grenades which struck the trees over his head showering him with broken twigs and branches, S/Sgt. Adams made his way to within 10 yards of the closest machinegun and killed the gunner with a hand grenade. An enemy soldier threw hand grenades at him from a position only 10 yards distant; however, S/Sgt. Adams dispatched him with a single burst of BAR fire. Charging into the vortex of the enemy fire, he killed another machinegunner at 15 yards range with a hand grenade and forced the surrender of 2 supporting infantrymen. Although the remainder of the German group concentrated the full force of its automatic weapons fire in a desperate effort to knock him out, he proceeded through the woods to find and exterminate 5 more of the enemy. Finally, when the third German machinegun opened up on him at a range of 20 yards, S/Sgt. Adams killed the gunner with BAR fire. In the course of the action, he personally killed 9 Germans, eliminated 3 enemy machineguns, vanquished a specialized force which was armed with automatic weapons and grenade launchers, cleared the woods of hostile elements, and reopened the severed supply lines to the assault companies of his battalion.

Level 8

USA

#3070 Feb 25, 2013
Congressional Medal of Honor recipient

ADAMS, STANLEY T.
Company: Company A
Division: 19th Infantry Regiment
Born: 9 May 1922, DeSoto, Kans.
Entered Service At: Olathe, Kans.
G.O. Number: 66
Date of Issue: 08/02/1951
Accredited To:
Place / Date: Near Sesim-ni, Korea, 4 February 1951

Citation

M/Sgt. Adams, Company A, distinguished himself by conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity above and beyond the call of duty in action against an enemy. At approximately 0100 hours, M/Sgt. Adams' platoon, holding an outpost some 200 yards ahead of his company, came under a determined attack by an estimated 250 enemy troops. Intense small-arms, machine gun, and mortar fire from 3 sides pressed the platoon back against the main line of resistance. Observing approximately 150 hostile troops silhouetted against the skyline advancing against his platoon, M/Sgt. Adams leaped to his feet, urged his men to fix bayonets, and he, with 13 members of his platoon, charged this hostile force with indomitable courage. Within 50 yards of the enemy M/Sgt. Adams was knocked to the ground when pierced in the leg by an enemy bullet. He jumped to his feet and, ignoring his wound, continued on to close with the enemy when he was knocked down 4 times from the concussion of grenades which had bounced off his body. Shouting orders he charged the enemy positions and engaged them in hand-to-hand combat where man after man fell before his terrific onslaught with bayonet and rifle butt. After nearly an hour of vicious action M/Sgt. Adams and his comrades routed the fanatical foe, killing over 50 and forcing the remainder to withdraw. Upon receiving orders that his battalion was moving back he provided cover fire while his men withdrew. M/Sgt. Adams' superb leadership, incredible courage, and consummate devotion to duty so inspired his comrades that the enemy attack was completely thwarted, saving his battalion from possible disaster. His sustained personal bravery and indomitable fighting spirit against overwhelming odds reflect the utmost glory upon himself and uphold the finest traditions of the infantry and the military service.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
California Burger King employee finds $100,000 3 min DILF 3
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 4 min DILF 55,066
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 5 min DILF 26,451
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 6 min 40ish 25,570
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 7 min DILF 30,060
True or False Game 9 min DILF 913
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 9 min Wolftracks 546
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Wolftracks 151,172
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 336
Woman Arrested For $6400 Sausage Heist 1 hr Spotted Girl 18