How to Save a Life - Military Tribute
Touched my heart & soul. My hero's.

“smile and have fun!”

Level 4

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#3014 Feb 19, 2013
A Soldier's Promise ...

I cannot promise you every night of my life. I cannot promise to be beside you for every difficult moment, every trial, every hardship. In truth, I can promise you that I will not be with you for most. I will leave you at inconvenient times. I may miss the births of our children. Any special date to us may be tainted with the anniversary of the death of one of my friends. I will ask you to take over whatever life we have built together for months and years at a time. And will then crash back into that life that you have used your sweat and your tears and your heartache to keep together and try to take it back as I knew it before. I will shut you out at times because it will be the best way for me to hold it together at that moment. I will lie to you. I will tell you I don't know things when I do. I will not always tell you where I am going, when I will be back, or who I am with. I may not call you for weeks and months and you will not be able to call me. You will ask questions that I won't answer. You will know answers to questions that you will hope you never need. I will share things with my brothers that you will never understand. They will know things about me that you never will. They will be a support to me in some things that you cannot be. I will miss birthdays. I will miss anniversaries. I will have to get to know our children over and over again. I may need time to process things that seem natural to everyone else. It will seem that someone - or something - will always take precedence over you. You may lose me long before you ever thought possible. I will uproot you and ask you to re-establish our family anywhere in the world, in any season, at any time - over and over again. Sand and mud will be tracked through your halls from the boots I am too tired to take off. I will leave you when you beg me not to. I will stand at attention while you cry beside me. I will not turn my head and I will walk away. I will knowingly break your heart. And I will do it again - and again.

I cannot promise you all of me. I cannot promise that to our children. I cannot promise you much of anything.

But if you will have me, I can promise that as I march away from you it is not without sharing your heartache. I promise you that every time I break your heart I will be breaking mine. Every time that I cannot answer you I will be protecting you. Whenever you want to call and you have no number to dial I will be wanting to do the same. I will protect everything that we have created together with every fiber of my being while you do the same back at home. I will honor you in everything - every moment that we are apart and every moment that I am with you. I will fight harder and push further knowing that I do so for you. I will see the faces of our children in every life that I protect. And I will carry you with me in everything until my sandy boots once again sit just inside our door.

“Hi!”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3015 Feb 19, 2013
It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you. ~Author unknown, sometimes attributed to M. Grundler

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#3017 Feb 19, 2013
This will piss you off!
Greed - Taking Advantage of the Already Weakened:
http://www.topix.com/forum/indy/TS1K6IF1TMR8H...

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Bronx, NY

#3020 Feb 20, 2013
Col. Jack Tueller,WW11 veteran and member of the Greatest Generation...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#3022 Feb 20, 2013
I'm sorry our leadership is putting more women in harms way.

Down on the administration, up with life and victory.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#3023 Feb 20, 2013
Jack A. Quintana
I AM THE WARRIOR POET

I have stood alone against the biting wind,
I have asked for nothing, for I know where my path lies
I expect nothing, for I know my hearts determination
I feel nothing, for I have seen war.

My fingers have run the blade countless times, the length and breadth of it has been etched into my thoughts, my very being.
I know act, and I know the action.
Dancing a with a warriors grace.
Each movement timed and practiced through the years.
Each stroke, each tiny movement has been played out time and time again.

Many years ago I trembled, I wept; I was horrified at what was asked of me.
But time will make each their own.
Each being draws from a base anger, a base being.
We all know the flight, the fear, and the fight.
We share this primal base pool

It’s what has kept us moving forward, to prosper, to dig our nails into life’s existence.
But we forget in the comfort of home of what we are at the roots core… animals.

I have not; I have been trained to keep this, to draw upon it
To keep it as a lover and a partner.

I don’t know different, I don’t know how to release this symbiotic being that clings to me from my past.

I am a warrior, I have seen horrors, I have seen glory, and I have felt my own honor rise in my heart.

You do not know this; you do not know what I am. You do not know how I look at each person and test their mettle.

I am the warrior poet
I have been on the battlefield with gods
I have felt my own friends life flee its mortal coil
I have seen my own blood flow
I know
I know

©Copyright August 30, 2006 by Jack Quintana

Level 8

USA

#3024 Feb 20, 2013

Warrior - Disturbed Military Tribute

“smile and have fun!”

Level 4

Location hidden

#3027 Feb 20, 2013
An Army Wife's promise ...

I cannot promise that I will not become frustrated when you leave me and the world seems to fall apart around me. I cannot promise that I will not curse those who sent you when the dryer breaks, and the transmission needs to be replaced, and the dog eats the couch all in the same week - most likely the week after you deploy. I cannot promise that the sand and mud that cakes my floor will not cause me to give you harsh looks and rude thoughts. I cannot promise that my heart will not be torn in twelve different ways when you march away from me. I cannot promise that I will not let my anger show when you refuse to answer questions. I cannot promise to understand why you share things with your comrades that you will not share with me. I cannot promise that there won't be times when my heartache makes its presence known before my pride can mask it. I cannot promise that I will not show my worry and my concern when it is best for you not to see it. I cannot promise to understand why you do so many of the things you do.

“Hi!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#3029 Feb 20, 2013
“RED, WHITE AND BLUE”– LYNYRD SKYNYRD
Lynyrd Skynyrd is the prototypical Southern rock band. They bleed red, white and blue. We love the lyrics in this song and think they must express perfectly how a lot of military vets feel:

My hair’s turning white,
my neck’s always been red,
my collar’s still blue,
we’ve always been here
just trying to sing the truth to you.
Yes you could say
we’ve always been,
Red, White, and Blue

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#3030 Feb 20, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
Oh yeah. They promise alright .......

I can't recall how many guys got the "Dear John letter" during the year I was in Vietnam. I think the statistics are that only about 10% of the women (or girlfriends) who were "back home" didn't actually find some other guy to share her bed. Of course it must have been about 98% of us who were down at the village getting some 5 dollar "boom-boom".

"An Army Wife's promise" my ass.
Vile... Vulgar.... Vicious.... Bet you were and still are the drain on the party.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#3031 Feb 20, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah. They promise alright .......
I can't recall how many guys got the "Dear John letter" during the year I was in Vietnam. I think the statistics are that only about 10% of the women (or girlfriends) who were "back home" didn't actually find some other guy to share her bed. Of course it must have been about 98% of us who were down at the village getting some 5 dollar "boom-boom".
"An Army Wife's promise" my ass.
You make me laugh..obviously you have had your azz kicked your whole life, amounted to squat and are here to prove some weird lack of manhood you carry, all you do is try to start a fight. Your lies are pathetic and so are you. My guess is you got a little more than boom boom down at the village and no woman will touch ya now..should have been a little more respectful of yourself back then and as for now..well, look at the respect you are getting here..lol..this little forum in the middle of nowhere and here you beg. Try to at least carry the spit you received upon homecoming with honor..you really are nothing now, much as it appears you were then. Perhaps a few more posts over in the gun thread will pump up your failing masculinity. Soundin' a bit weak over on this thread..

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#3033 Feb 20, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Guys getting Dear John letters and bouncing Madame Lang down at the village is funny to you, huh jerk wad? Just wait till I tell you about the guy from West Virginia who got scrubbed with a wire brush because he never washed himself .... you should get a big ho-ho out of that.
You don't have to, you just kicked your own azz again, in front of this great big world of topix...lol...do you feel it.?? do you even get it..??...it's small, as small as you have made yourself become..

post some more lyrics..you'll feel better.

“Hi!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#3035 Feb 20, 2013

America the Beautiful
Words by Katharine Lee Bates,
Melody by Samuel Ward

O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for pilgrim feet
Whose stern impassioned stress
A thoroughfare of freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America!
God mend thine every flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law!

O beautiful for heroes proved
In liberating strife.
Who more than self their country loved
And mercy more than life!
America! America!
May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness
And every gain divine!

O beautiful for patriot dream
That sees beyond the years
Thine alabaster cities gleam
Undimmed by human tears!
America! America!
From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for halcyon skies,
Above the enameled plain!
America! America!
Till souls wax fair as earth and air
And music-hearted sea!

O beautiful for pilgrims feet,
Whose stem impassioned stress
A thoroughfare for freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America!
Till paths be wrought through
wilds of thought
By pilgrim foot and knee!

O beautiful for glory-tale
Of liberating strife
When once and twice,
for man's avail
Men lavished precious life!
America! America!
Till selfish gain no longer stain
The banner of the free!

Undimmed by human tears!
America! America!
Till nobler men keep once again
Thy whiter jubilee!

“smile and have fun!”

Level 4

Location hidden

#3036 Feb 20, 2013
Brandiiiiiiii wrote:
America the Beautiful
Words by Katharine Lee Bates,
Melody by Samuel Ward

O beautiful for spacious skies,
Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for pilgrim feet
Whose stern impassioned stress
A thoroughfare of freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America!
God mend thine every flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law!

O beautiful for heroes proved
In liberating strife.
Who more than self their country loved
And mercy more than life!
America! America!
May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness
And every gain divine!

Undimmed by human tears!
America! America!
From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for halcyon skies,
Above the enameled plain!
America! America!
Till souls wax fair as earth and air
And music-hearted sea!

O beautiful for pilgrims feet,
Whose stem impassioned stress
A thoroughfare for freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America!
Till paths be wrought through
wilds of thought
By pilgrim foot and knee!

O beautiful for glory-tale
Of liberating strife
When once and twice,
for man's avail
Men lavished precious life!
America! America!
Till selfish gain no longer stain
The banner of the free!

Undimmed by human tears!
America! America!
Till nobler men keep once again
Thy whiter jubilee!
Amen!!!!

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Bronx, NY

#3037 Feb 21, 2013
Elbert Wood...Thank You Sir...

Level 8

USA

#3038 Feb 21, 2013
Jack A. Quintana
ONWARD

I sit here in my ergonomic air conditioned office; pen and paper, Xerox copies and potluck lunches.
This is not me; this is not what I do.

The deafening roar of a thousand years, a thousand Voices of forefathers stand before me. We all have stood behind a cause, maybe not for belief, maybe not for ideals. But it was asked of us.

How do I put a worth to what I have done?
How do I measure my life’s ordeals?

Can you put a value to the honor that I have keep in my heart, much like a captive? It stagnates and rots for nobody can justly understand where my feet have been.

Can you put a value to the glory that I cling to, trying keep my head above the churning white water? Grave Secrets scribbled on government records know of my battles. But much like a cloistered monk they will be filed, hidden from the eyes of the common.

I know what I have done; I know what was asked of me. I know of God and Gods of others. We have all stood on the fringes of battle. Tear streaked dirty faces; I have stood looking into the figure that forgave my actions even before the breath of my infant life began. Did he know of me, did he see what I would do?

I ask of you, I ask with all the strength in my body?
Will there be a place for me, when my breath leaves my cold body. Will there be reckoning?

We stand here on a rocky handhold. Thousands before me. We: all the same. Color of skin, miles, and time do not separate us. We are warriors, we have spilt the same blood, and we have all walked in each other’s footsteps.

They are me and I am them. The same drums of battle have beaten for each of us, echoing throughout the millennium.

Or will I look to other hallowed halls. The trumpeting of battle horns being blown by warriors of bygone age. Shield and Spear: Axe and blade.

These are my people. These are my forefathers. They have felt my honor, they will judge my glory.
The same blood that flowed in their veins is what beats in my chest now.

Onward I will go.
Onward I know my path, when darkness fills my eyes.

©Copyright September 1, 2006 by Jack Quintana

Level 8

USA

#3039 Feb 21, 2013
Memorial Day 2010, Military Tribute, Brothers in Arms, Dire Straits, Performed by TunesNorth.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#3041 Feb 21, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
The American Dead Was All About Oil – A Good Reason To Die!
Donald Rumsfeld Proves Iraq War Started On False Pretenses
http://www.blacklistednews.com/Newly-Released...
lovely site... now i understand why you are so misinformed!

“Hi!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#3042 Feb 22, 2013
Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. ~William Arthur Ward

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 12 min ms_Sweeter 145,286
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 15 min -Lea- 18,599
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 18 min Romancer 25,342
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 21 min A TROLL NAMED SLACK 35,996
Half-ton alligator caught in Alabama sets world... 22 min Parden Pard 2
What do Latino girls like about black guys? (Aug '07) 22 min OOO 224
Fake dogs used to combat pesky flock of geese 24 min Parden Pard 1
Fergson Police Dept. 49 min Parden Pard 405
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Adrian DeVine 28,511
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••