USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Interesting Veterans Statistics off the Vietnam Memorial Wall

There are 58,267 names now listed on that polished black wall, including those added in 2010.

The names are arranged in the order in which they were taken from us by date and within each date the names are alphabetized. It is hard to believe it is 36 years since the last casualties.

The first known casualty was Richard B. Fitzgibbon, of North Weymouth , Mass. Listed by the U.S. Department of Defense as having been killed on June 8, 1956. His name is listed on the Wall with that of his son, Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Richard B. Fitzgibbon III, who was killed on Sept. 7, 1965.

There are three sets of fathers and sons on the Wall.

39,996 on the Wall were just 22 or younger.

8,283 were just 19 years old.

The largest age group, 33,103 were 18 years old.
12 soldiers on the Wall were 17 years old.

5 soldiers on the Wall were 16 years old.

One soldier, PFC Dan Bullock was 15 years old.

997 soldiers were killed on their first day in Vietnam ..

1,448 soldiers were killed on their last day in Vietnam ..

31 sets of brothers are on the Wall.

Thirty one sets of parents lost two of their sons.

54 soldiers attended Thomas Edison High School in Philadelphia . I wonder why so many from one school.

8 Women are on the Wall. Nursing the wounded.

244 soldiers were awarded the Medal of Honor during the Vietnam War; 153 of them are on the Wall.

Beallsville, Ohio with a population of 475 lost 6 of her sons.

West Virginia had the highest casualty rate per capita in the nation. There are 711 West Virginians on the Wall.

The Marines of Morenci - They led some of the scrappiest high school football an d basketball teams that the little Arizona copper town of Morenci (pop. 5,058) had ever known and cheered. They enjoyed roaring beer busts. In quieter moments, they rode horses along the Coronado Trail, stalked deer in the Apache National Forest. And in the patriotic camaraderie typical of Morenci's mining families, the nine graduates of Morenci High enlisted as a group in the Marine Corps. Their service began on Independence Day, 1966. Only 3 returned home.

The Buddies of Midvale - LeRoy Tafoya, Jimmy Martinez, Tom Gonzales were all boyhood friends and lived on three consecutive streets in Midvale, Utah on Fifth, Sixth and Seventh avenues. They lived only a few yards apart. They played ball at the adjacent sandlot ball field. And they all went to Vietnam. In a span of 16 dark days in late 1967, all three would be killed. LeRoy was killed on Wednesday, Nov. 22, the fourth anniversary of John F. Kennedy's assassination. Jimmy died less than 24 hours later on Th anksgiving Day. Tom was shot dead assaulting the enemy on Dec. 7, Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day.

The most casualty deaths for a single day was on January 31, 1968 ~ 245 deaths.

The most casualty deaths for a single month was May 1968 - 2,415 casualties were incurred.

For most Americans who read this they will only see the numbers that the Vietnam War created. To those of us who survived the war, and to the families of those who did not, we see the faces, we feel the pain that these numbers created. We are, until we too pass away, haunted with these numbers, because they were our friends, fathers, husbands, wives, sons and daughters. There are no noble wars, just noble warriors.
Force Majeure

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

It's none of your business, RedButt.

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Tonight I would like to once again thank all our troops Honorably serving. Also, a special shout out to all the NG working with LEO, First Responders and utility crews to get life back to normal after last nights blizzard...
Thank You!
Force Majeure

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

I Am Enzo - The Baker wrote:
Tonight I would like to once again thank all our troops Honorably serving.
And what about all of us guys who've already ETS? Don't we get any thanks, you ungrateful moron?

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

The first fold of our flag is a symbol of life.

The second fold is a symbol of our belief in the eternal life.

The third fold is made in honor and remembrance of the veteran departing our ranks who gave a portion of life for the defense of our country to attain a peace throughout the world.

The fourth fold represents our weaker nature, for as American citizens trusting in God, it is to Him we turn in times of peace as well as in times of war for His divine guidance.

The fifth fold is a tribute to our country, for in the words of Stephen Decatur, "Our country, in dealing with other countries, may she always be right; but it is still our country, right or wrong."

The sixth fold is for where our hearts lie. It is with our heart that we pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

The seventh fold is a tribute to our Armed Forces, for it is through the Armed Forces that we protect our country and our flag against all her enemies, whether they be found within or without the boundaries of our republic.

The eighth fold is a tribute to the one who entered in to the valley of the shadow of death, that we might see the light of day, and to honor mother, for whom it flies on mother's day.

The ninth fold is a tribute to womanhood; for it has been through their faith, love, loyalty and devotion that the character of the men and women who have made this country great have been molded.

The tenth fold is a tribute to father, for he, too, has given his sons and daughters for the defense of our country since they were first born.

The eleventh fold, in the eyes of a Hebrew citizen, represents the lower portion of the seal of King David and King Solomon, and glorifies, in their eyes, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

The twelfth fold, in the eyes of a Christian citizen, represents an emblem of eternity and glorifies, in their eyes, God the Father, the Son, and Holy Ghost.

When the flag is completely folded, the stars are uppermost, reminding us of our national motto, "In God we Trust."
Force Majeure

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
The folds of our flag
The first fold of your flag is a symbol of the Black people brought to the United Snakes in chains, buying and selling them as slaves.

The second fold represents the states stolen from Mexico in an unprovoked, unjust war of conquest to extend the U.S. empire.

The third fold represents the times the flag was carried into battle by the U.S. Cavalry as it carried out genocide against the Native Americans, murdering, burning and pillaging a bloody trail across the country.

The fourth fold represents the invasions of Cuba, Puerto Rico and the Philippines, killing hundreds of thousands.

The fifth fold is a tribute to the two million murdered in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia with napalm, carpet bombing, death squads and village massacres.

The sixth fold stands for the two wars made on the people of Iraq, invading and occupying, killing hundreds of thousands.

The seventh fold stands or the proclamation of the right to go anywhere in the world and invade any country that it claims is a potential threat to the U.S.

The eighth fold is a tribute to economical domination and devastatiopm of vast areas of the globe, ruining the lives of billions

The ninth fold is a tribute to the thousands of people in Guantánamo and secret prisons throughout the world, proclaiming the right to torture and jail them forever.

The tenth fold is a tribute to the prisons that hold two million people, many of them Black and Latino, mostly for the crime of being hungry, poor, and desperate.

The eleventh fold represents U.S. imperialism and its global empire.

The twelfth fold is in honour of the lies of rights and freedoms the U.S. system brags about — built on the blood and bones of those they murder and work to death here and around the world.

When the flag of the United Snakes is completely folded, the stars are uppermost, reminding humanity of United Snakes treachery round the globe right under the nose of God and His heavenly stars.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
The first fold of our flag is a symbol of life.
The second fold is a symbol of our belief in the eternal life.
The third fold is made in honor and remembrance of the veteran departing our ranks who gave a portion of life for the defense of our country to attain a peace throughout the world.
The fourth fold represents our weaker nature, for as American citizens trusting in God, it is to Him we turn in times of peace as well as in times of war for His divine guidance.
The fifth fold is a tribute to our country, for in the words of Stephen Decatur, "Our country, in dealing with other countries, may she always be right; but it is still our country, right or wrong."
The sixth fold is for where our hearts lie. It is with our heart that we pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
The seventh fold is a tribute to our Armed Forces, for it is through the Armed Forces that we protect our country and our flag against all her enemies, whether they be found within or without the boundaries of our republic.
The eighth fold is a tribute to the one who entered in to the valley of the shadow of death, that we might see the light of day, and to honor mother, for whom it flies on mother's day.
The ninth fold is a tribute to womanhood; for it has been through their faith, love, loyalty and devotion that the character of the men and women who have made this country great have been molded.
The tenth fold is a tribute to father, for he, too, has given his sons and daughters for the defense of our country since they were first born.
The eleventh fold, in the eyes of a Hebrew citizen, represents the lower portion of the seal of King David and King Solomon, and glorifies, in their eyes, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
The twelfth fold, in the eyes of a Christian citizen, represents an emblem of eternity and glorifies, in their eyes, God the Father, the Son, and Holy Ghost.
When the flag is completely folded, the stars are uppermost, reminding us of our national motto, "In God we Trust."
Very interesting read, Hippie ... Good to know ... I hope that you post on the Soldier threads ... Thanks so much for sharing ... Peace and Love ~ FC <3 ...
Force Majeure

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hippie ... I hope that you post on the Soldier threads ...
Yeah, me too!
Horse Manure

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, me too!
You still here spewing your bullshit? I'll have to work on that.
Force Majeure

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Fake Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>I wish that I were the real Force Majeure
Many do.
Horse Manure

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Many do.
Why would anyone want to be considered a pu ssy?
Force Majeure

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Fake Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>What's so good about a steady supply of pussy?
If you were the real Force Majeure you'd know the answer to that question already.

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

I had the pleasure of meeting a few Guardsmen in town this morning. They are aiding in the blizzard cleanup. I was addressed as Sir and with a courtesy and respect that is quite rare with todays youth.These are indeed America's Finest. Any man who thinks otherwise will always remain my enemy...
Force Majeure

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

I Am Enzo - The Bunker wrote:
I had the pleasure of meeting a few Guardsmen in town this morning. I was addressed as Sir and with a courtesy and respect that is quite rare with todays youth.These are indeed America's Finest. Any man who thinks otherwise will always remain my enemy...
With a courtesy and respect that is quite rare with todays youth? Hardy-ho-ho!!! Go sit on a bag full of tacks, you friggin' idiot.

The only reason they said "sir" to you is because you're so ugly with a "I've done time" look on your face and they thought you were going to stab them.

Ted Bundy said "Yes, sir" and "Yes ma'am" to everybody he met. Consider me your eternal enemy, you Fried Brain Bunker.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Roberto J. Prinselaar
THE CALL

The blood of men flows ever out
As raging rivers to the sea
There seems to be an endless source
From long lost memory

The young men come to volunteer
To shed their blood once more
They’ve heard the call to bleed again
Upon some distant shore

Why is the call to die so strong
That men will heed the call?
Or do they think they’re not the ones
Who’ll take the final fall?

It’s always someone else who dies
Not we who volunteer
We think we’ll never be the one
And laugh to hide our fear

But deep within our inner souls
We know we may be wrong
That death may be around the turn
Our life may not be long

But never mind we heard the call
We line up in our ranks
And a grateful nation will be there
To give us all their thanks

They’ll build for us a monument;
Young boys will come to stare
And they will be the next to go
To shed their blood somewhere

©Copyright circa 2001 by Roberto J. Prinselaar

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

FOREVER AND A DAY - Military Tribute - Bekkii O'Connor

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Force Majeure

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Tribute to American Military – Boo Hoo for Body Bags

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

When American Coward Soldiers Go Down, They Stay Down!

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

We've got to treat veteran's better-

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/seal-shot...
Force Majeure

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

PES - Trish wrote:
Hey Force ^^^
My Stepfather and I celebrated his 90th Birthday last week. He still has such a sound mind and he told me some of his WAR experience, though he wished not to remember much aloud.
He said he never forgot any of IT.
Thank You All for serving our country.
PEACE TO YOU AND YOURS
:)
Your welcome.

Wow! 90! I'll be lucky to make it to 80 so I haven't got very much time left.

Sorry I'm more "negative" than your stepfather though. Remembering silently or out loud is the choice we all must make I guess. And then there is the question of seeing war experience as a necessity for a noble endeavour - or not. I'm ashamed that I was a soldier in such an ugly, unholy war. If I had been in some other war maybe I'd feel differently. I don't know.
UIdiotraceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
Roberto J. Prinselaar
THE CALL
The blood of men flows ever out
As raging rivers to the sea..

o
To shed their blood somewhere
©Copyright circa 2001 by Roberto J. Prinselaar
WAR MEANS

War Means death
War Means destruction
War Means fire
War Means bombing
War Means sorrow
War Means turmoil
War Means tears
War Means guns
War Means blood
War Means confusion
War Means explosions
War Means mutilation
War Means sickness
War Means killing
War Means occupation
War Means loss
And lots more

But after one side
Or the other side
Has finally had enough
And lays down their arms
To surrender and give up

War Means Peace
Mrunal Nandankar

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••