Jan 8, 2013

Lynn C. Price
DADDY COME BACK

“Daddy, come back!” as the hearse pulled away,
“I’m just a young girl and don’t know how to be brave.”
Christa holds Kailynn, catching her child’s tears,
“Though Daddy’s in Heaven, he’ll always be near.”

Hunter and Spencer cling to their Mother,
Too young to know how to, but they’re there for each other.
Their Father’s a Hero and stands tall in their eyes;
It’s never been easy to say final goodbyes.

Sgt. John Griffith was a proud Army man;
He died for his Country in Abad, Afghanistan.
Along with nine comrades on board a Chinook,
His name’s lovingly etched in Heaven’s Life Book.

John served in the Army since May of ‘91,
Robert and Barbara were so proud of their son.
Both knew loss early with the death of Christine,
One child’s enough; can this be a bad dream?

We’ll grieve in our hearts and hold memories close,
Although we weren’t ready, God gathered our Heroes.
John, we will miss you, our love will continue on,
When our missions are over, you’ll welcome us home.

A 21 gun salute as TAPS echoes around,
With love and respect, you’re placed in hallowed ground.
God sends His Angels to those left behind,
Wrap them in comfort, and ease grieving minds.

America thanks you for answering that call,
If only we knew you’d have to give your all.
And ‘though you’re not with us, when we were attacked,
You died so no child will say,“Daddy, come back!”

©Copyright June 24, 2006 by Lynn C. Price

Author’s Note: In Loving Memory of Sgt. John C. Griffith ~ born into Eternal Life May 5th 2006. Christa, Hunter, Spencer, and Kailynn: Daddy’s Angels on Earth. Robert and Barbara Griffith, our love is with you

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Military Tribute: Hank Jr.; Country Boy Can Survive
Force Majeure

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Uscgthumper wrote:
<quoted text>
GID BLESS THE USA AND HER SOLDIERS!
Asking Gid to bless them is a good idea because God certainly won't. He's reserved a whole section for them in Hell. That's where they're going, that's where they ought to be. How many are already there who bought the ranch in Irak and Afghanistan? Many thousands, yes?! "There'll be a HOT time in the old town tonight ........!"
Force Majeure

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
DADDY COME BACK
"DADDY"

Dedicated to Kathy Wynn
and her pappy.

He's out your system yeah it took you a while You got your family back and you got your smile And you promised your sister that you'd never go back again
But friends keep telling you what he did last night How many girls he kissed how many he liked And you try to remember that there's no way you could ever be friends
But now you're You're looking like you really like him like him And now you're feeling like you miss him miss him You're speaking like you really love him love him And now you're dancing like you need him need him
Put it in your pocket don't tell anyone I gave you It will be the one you run to the one that saves you It can be your daddy daddy if you take it gladly gladly Yeah Daddy Daddy
He kissed you on the lips and opened your eyes You had to catch your breath got such a surprise And you always forgot how it feels to live in his lies
He pulled you closer said he'll never let go You couldn't trust him but you never said no In that moment he made you forgot how it feels when he's gone
But now you're You're looking like you really like him like him And now you're feeling like you miss him miss him You're speaking like you really love him love him And now you're dancing like you need him need him
Put it in your pocket don't tell anyone I gave you It will be the one you run to the one that saves you It can be your daddy daddy if you take it gladly gladly Yeah Daddy Daddy
You're looking like you really like him like him And now you're feeling like you miss him miss him You're looking like you really love him love him And now you're dancing like you need him need him

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Uscgthumper wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!!! I think I'd like to see the Pats vs. the Pack!!! I grew up in NE and was stationed in WI when they went to the Bowl!!!! Both are crazy! It would be a battle!
Have a great day! Blessed be and GID BLESS THE USA AND HER SOLDIERS!
That would be a great match-up ... I can see some bones crushing for sure, lol ... hope not but it'd be a very physical game ... lots of flags being thrown, probably! lol ...

Packers and 49'ers are NFC
Texans and Patriots are AFC ... correction on my previous schedule ... I've been corrected, lol ...

“smile and have fun!”

Level 4

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>That would be a great match-up ... I can see some bones crushing for sure, lol ... hope not but it'd be a very physical game ... lots of flags being thrown, probably! lol ...

Packers and 49'ers are NFC
Texans and Patriots are AFC ... correction on my previous schedule ... I've been corrected, lol ...
Lol! And a slight correction to my statement.....

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND HER SOLDIERS! My grandfather, my father, my uncle, my cousin, and myself!!! We have done out duty to God and country. And we are not ashamed to say..... WE ARE AMERICAN SOLDIERS!
We bleed the Red, White, & Blue!
Force Majeure

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Uscgthumper wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND HER SOLDIERS! My grandfather, my father, my uncle, my cousin, and myself!!!
And me, your best friend!!!!((HUGS))+ KISSES!!!
Force Majeure

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

TPoster wrote:
I'm going to REPORT this thread to FEEDBACK and every TOP MOD I find out here.
How's that working for you, by the way? It's been 3 days now and I figure it's about time to give you a shout to ask if you've been in touch with the admin.

Did you get RedButt Herpies banned yet? I know that he's a big pain with all of the crapolia pro-American propaganda and encouraging young men to join the military and go to some God-forsaken country to start another illegal and get themselves killed. The problem is that Topix has decided to uphold "freedom of speech" as long as they can, shunning the United Snakes Fascist plan to put a lid on international opinion. To be honest with you I think it's a damned good idea so I guess we can put up with RedButt Herpies' crap for the sake of democracy. In the long run it's the best thing to do. Don't you think so too?

The only thing that really pisses the admin off is redundancies. Man! They had to delete about a hundred of RedButt's posts a few months ago - something about "multiple posts to multiple threads" (RedButt's own words) and so the admin gave Redbutt a piece of their mind and got to work with the delete button. About the same time Redbutt was using some terrible language too. He was "F"wording and "N"wording up the place like there was no tomorrow!!! Well, the admin put a stop to that too, real quick!

Anyway, I can understand that RedButt might get under your skin but it isn't all that bad when you think about how he was before. And you have to admit that Democratic principle ought to be upheld at almost any cost. If RedButt bothers you that much just ignore his posts. Remember the golden rule: Stop feeding a troll and he'll go away PDQ!

Enjoy your day!

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

I am grateful for the dedication and sacrifices these people have given knowing that there was little financial gain or future job skills (for a lot of them), yet they served. They have inner-strength that the non-military people can't fathom.

“smile and have fun!”

Level 4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

I awake in the comfort and warmth of my bed.
Take a hot shower, then leisurely pick out what to wear to work,
Fix my hair, fix my makeup,
Listen to my children banter with each other,
Kiss them goodbye as they run out the door for the school bus,
And head off to my job, in an office, where no one is trying to kill me, no one is trying to blow up my office, and if I stop to help someone, they aren't looking for a place to stick a knife or waiting for the opportune moment to shoot me!

I can do all of this because of the American Soldiers! Thank you, yesterday, today, tomorrow, and everyday!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Uscgthumper wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND HER SOLDIERS! My grandfather, my father, my uncle, my cousin, and myself!!! We have done out duty to God and country. And we are not ashamed to say..... WE ARE AMERICAN SOLDIERS!
We bleed the Red, White, & Blue!
Good morning Uscgthumper ... copy that!... 8 generations of US Marines on my daddy's side ~ SEMPER FI!... we bleed the same colors except on occasion, when the UT Longhorns play, we bleed burnt orange, LOL ...

Been raining for 2 days now and we are ever so grateful ... music to my ears the rain hitting the roof ...

IDK why I'm playing this song other than I like it and he did two tours of duty in Vietnam ... have a great day ... FC <3 ...

STEVE EARLE ~ COPPERHEAD ROAD ...
I volunteered for the army on my birthday
They draft the white trash first,'round here anyway
I done two tours of duty in Vietnam
And I came home with a brand new plan

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Good morning everyone ... another day we wake up on this side of the earth free to speak freely and do the things we do freely ... Thanks to the men and women who watch over us abroad and stateside protecting our country ... Thank you and God Bless America ...

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Lynn C. Price
DEAR MOM
(For Mother’s Day)

Dear Mom, I hope this letter finds its way,
To your sweet heart on Mother’s Day.
I know you’d worry more and more,
When we heard the call of war.

Your son is well, as well can be,
Be proud to know we still believe,
That freedom’s worth each day apart,
And love won’t die within our hearts.

I’ve seen firsthand how evil grows,
When nothing’s done to give them hope.
Many men have fought and died,
So others know the cost of pride.

You raised me well. You did your best,
In loving you, I am blessed.
I give thanks each day for morals instilled,
When I was a child, young and free-willed.

If not for the guidance from your gentle hands,
There’s no way I’d make it in faraway lands.
Striving each day to be all I can be,
So others that follow, sweet freedom will keep.

Mom, I do love you and hope you’ll enjoy
The flowers and candy sent from your boy.
I’ll be home when I can and somehow we’ll find,
Lost moments in life, sweet Mother of mine.

©Copyright May 1, 2007 by Lynn C. Price

Author’s Note: Dedicated to all Mothers, for we serve, too

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Military Tribute- "Citizen Soldier"
Force Majeure

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
Lynn C. Price
LLOYD PRICE

Stagger Lee

The night was clear and the moon was yellow
And the leaves came tumbling down

I was standing on the corner
When I heard my bulldog bark
He was barkin' at the two men
Who were gamblin' in the dark
It was Stagger Lee and Billy
Two men who gambled late
Stagger Lee threw seven
Billy swore that he threw eight

Stagger Lee told Billy
I can't let you go with that
You have won all my money
And my brand new stetson hat

Stagger Lee went home
And he got his forty-four
Said, I'm goin' to the barroom
Just to pay that debt I owe
Go Stagger Lee

Stagger Lee went to the barroom
And he stood across the barroom door
He said, nobody move
And he pulled his forty-four

Stagger Lee, cried Billy
Oh, please don't take my life
I've three little children
And a very sickly wife

Stagger Lee shot Billy
Oh, he shot that poor boy so bad
Till the bullet came through Billy
And it broke the bartender's glass

Force Majeure

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Tribute to American Soldiers MUST WATCH If you are an AMERICAN !!!

“smile and have fun!”

Level 4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Uscgthumper ... copy that!... 8 generations of US Marines on my daddy's side ~ SEMPER FI!... we bleed the same colors except on occasion, when the UT Longhorns play, we bleed burnt orange, LOL ...

Been raining for 2 days now and we are ever so grateful ... music to my ears the rain hitting the roof ...

IDK why I'm playing this song other than I like it and he did two tours of duty in Vietnam ... have a great day ... FC <3 ...

STEVE EARLE ~ COPPERHEAD ROAD ...
I volunteered for the army on my birthday
They draft the white trash first,'round here anyway
I done two tours of duty in Vietnam
And I came home with a brand new plan
I love this song!!!

My daughter is enlisting in the Marines!!! My dad and granddad were Army, my uncle & cousins were Navy and I was Coast Guard!!
Trish

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Can't we just completely ignore that force?

He does absolutely nothing but try to stir trouble.
How much would he get out it if we scolled through his ridiculous rants and refused to respond back?

I understand my word may not be worth anything coming from a graybox either, but we know it's true and after watching IT for this amount of time what better way to deal with IT?

Come on folks - let's stand together in matters like this. They have a forum for IT's kind. Trollsuckingpig.
Trish

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Uscgthumper wrote:
<quoted text>
I love this song!!!
My daughter is enlisting in the Marines!!! My dad and granddad were Army, my uncle & cousins were Navy and I was Coast Guard!!
Young Lady, I would like to thank you and your family for your service to this country. You've got a wonderful attitude and I do apologize for interrupting this thread with my opinions. That one is following names and did I just see IT at the peace thread too? That's truly sad.

Peace
:)
Trish

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
If FORCE MAJEURE bothers you that much just ignore his posts. Remember the golden rule: Stop feeding a troll and he'll go away PDQ!
Enjoy your day!
I agree with this statement and those that have spoken against your ridiculous rants. Topix and their idea of free speech is a joke just as you are. Don't bother to respond - that's all you're getting from me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,481 - 2,500 of3,220
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••