USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

This thread is dedicated to all the men and women who have or are serving with honor in the armed services of the free world.
All are welcome to post herein, of course I know that this means that some people will come here only to post negative comments about the men and women of the armed services and the free countries of the world. This is the price that is paid for the freedoms that we enjoy in the real world and the cyber world.
I will not reply to negative comments and I hope that all others who honor the men and women who have or are serving with honor will not reply to negative posts either.
America was built on the ultimate sacrifice of men and women and continues to be the leader of the world because of the ultimate sacrifice made by its best and brightest. America is certainly not perfect, but she is certainly the best nation on earth. The men and women who serve in the armed services are not all perfect, many join for selfish reasons, but the vast majority are there to honor the ideals promulgated by the founding fathers.
Once again, thank you for your service and sacrifice.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

Kudos & thanks to Mikey & Skipper & my relative Rich for sacrifices and service as well as to aunts and uncles no longer with me who served in WWII.

“Where am I?”

Level 2

Since: Jun 11

Boll Weevil Arkansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

AMEN, RH! Thank you!

“RIP Eric Medlen FC#4 1973-2007”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

Thank you to all our veterans and those currently serving, as well as their families. Your sacrifices are greatly appreciated, and you will never be forgotten.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
This thread is dedicated to all the men and women who have or are serving with honor in the armed services of the free world.
All are welcome to post herein, of course I know that this means that some people will come here only to post negative comments about the men and women of the armed services and the free countries of the world. This is the price that is paid for the freedoms that we enjoy in the real world and the cyber world.
I will not reply to negative comments and I hope that all others who honor the men and women who have or are serving with honor will not reply to negative posts either.
America was built on the ultimate sacrifice of men and women and continues to be the leader of the world because of the ultimate sacrifice made by its best and brightest. America is certainly not perfect, but she is certainly the best nation on earth. The men and women who serve in the armed services are not all perfect, many join for selfish reasons, but the vast majority are there to honor the ideals promulgated by the founding fathers.
Once again, thank you for your service and sacrifice.
To honor this thread I will post my favorite song about those who serve.

The lyrics always give me goosebumps.

http://youtu.be/G-yySxecVAg

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

RMQuinn37 wrote:
Kudos & thanks to Mikey & Skipper & my relative Rich for sacrifices and service as well as to aunts and uncles no longer with me who served in WWII.
Welcome to the site RMQ and thank your relatives for their service from me. I served from 1970 to 74 and did two tours off the coast of Nam in the Navy. I am now an officer and volunteer in the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW). I don't think that we can ever truly honor our men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice properly, all we can do is to keep their memories and the memories of their sacrifices alive.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

Walkswithbeer wrote:
AMEN, RH! Thank you!
and thank you for posting.
I consider two things to be hanging offenses, spilling coffee and spilling beer.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

JFR Fan wrote:
Thank you to all our veterans and those currently serving, as well as their families. Your sacrifices are greatly appreciated, and you will never be forgotten.
As long as there are folks like you, they never will be forgotten. Thanks for posting.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the site RMQ and thank your relatives for their service from me. I served from 1970 to 74 and did two tours off the coast of Nam in the Navy. I am now an officer and volunteer in the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW). I don't think that we can ever truly honor our men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice properly, all we can do is to keep their memories and the memories of their sacrifices alive.
Welcome home RH, and thank you for your service!

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
To honor this thread I will post my favorite song about those who serve.
The lyrics always give me goosebumps.
http://youtu.be/G-yySxecVAg
Great tune, I always associated it with Sons of Anarchy. Now I have a new and better association for it. Thanks Victoria1

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

JFR Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome home RH, and thank you for your service!
Thanks JFR.
Good to be back. I was jonesin for my topix fix and decided that a new thread was the best way to jump back in.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Great tune, I always associated it with Sons of Anarchy. Now I have a new and better association for it. Thanks Victoria1
the "Dad" in the song is slang for Baghdad.

And yes it was used in Season 3 Episode 1 of SoA

Level 8

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

A heartfelt thank you to all that has served.
honey

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

Thank you all for what you have done for us.

Check out the song:
I'm Doing Alright For The Shape I'm In

It is about our service men and what they went through and dealing with today.

May God Bless You All!

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
the "Dad" in the song is slang for Baghdad.
And yes it was used in Season 3 Episode 1 of SoA
Thompson is a great guitarist and song writer.
I know that you and FC are hot for Jax LOL.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>Welcome to the site RMQ and thank your relatives for their service from me. I served from 1970 to 74 and did two tours off the coast of Nam in the Navy. I am now an officer and volunteer in the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW). I don't think that we can ever truly honor our men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice properly, all we can do is to keep their memories and the memories of their sacrifices alive.
I totally agree RH. My family member Rich served two tours over there. He was a tunnel rat. Those of you who were in the thick of it keep it yourselves, those who were behind the desk talk like they were heroes. He doesn't say much. Wife never knew about two purple hearts 'til basement flooded and cleaned out boxes. Retired now and for a long time was in the reserves & worked recruit processing.

Fortunately for my family all came back safe from WWII and 'Nam. Others not so fortunate.

We can hate the war but should respect and appreciate the servicemen & women who make the sacrifices many of us can't or won't.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks JFR.
Good to be back. I was jonesin for my topix fix and decided that a new thread was the best way to jump back in.
I hope people will respect your thread and post accordingly, but you know topix.

A guy my folks graduated from high school with wound up a POW in Vietnam. When the Red Cross was selling POW bracelete my younger brother and I wanted them so Mom went by and bought them for us. We never took them off until he came home. We were given an address so we could write to him and he did get my letters while in the POW camp. I was 11-12, so just wrote what I could think of for him at the time, told him who my folks were, etc. and just talked. I wrote to him several times. One evening we were having dinner and the phone rang. Dad answered and said it was a man asking for me, so he was in protective mode, but handed me the phone. It was the man I had been writing to and he had recently been released and was back home. He called to thank me for the letters I had written him. After all he'd been through, he took the time to call a 12 yr. old girl to say thank you. I will always be in awe of that man and will never forget him. I still have that bracelet.

“ain't she sweet?”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks JFR.
Glad you did!!

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Thompson is a great guitarist and song writer.
I know that you and FC are hot for Jax LOL.
Haha yes, FC and I share a special bond.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

_Zoey_ wrote:
A heartfelt thank you to all that has served.
and a heartfelt thank you for stopping by Z

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of3,219
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

195 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min DanFromSmithville 112,054
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 3 min Hatti_Hollerand 137,033
Word Association. (Nov '10) 4 min Ami ln Miami 16,565
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 min SLACK 34,800
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 4 min Instigator 12,951
Dear judge it's not his fault... 5 min Denny CranesPlace 3
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min Princess Hey 140,644
What's your tip for the day? 34 min Princess Hey 62
•••