Obamacare website: $634 Million and g...

Obamacare website: $634 Million and growing

Posted in the Weird Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 10, 2013
That's the price tag that goes along with the website ALONE!

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/10/09/gross-u-s-...

It's also worth noting, Obama didn't even select an American company for this. CGI Group is a Canadian company which operates offices in Fairfax VA under the name CGI Federal.

The company is privately-held, so expect ZERO disclosures about their operations, finances, or connections.

Go grab a cold six pack of Molson and try to sign up, eh?

Chicago, IL

#2 Oct 10, 2013
By the way, it's already a 7x cost overrun.

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Hoosierville

#3 Oct 10, 2013
Check out who owns and operates it Clem.
Maybe you'll find a '*tie'=between= them &
Obama?
"What's the Chances?"

* something (such as an idea, interest, experience, or feeling) that is shared by people or groups and that forms a connection between them

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#7 Oct 10, 2013
Os Fan wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like Halliburton and the last President's VP who, coincidentally, invade countries that don't have WMD as we were told did? I'll take my chances on healthcare over killing innocent people any day.
Maybe you should go and do some research on where teacher's salaries come from, instead of embarrassing yourself on another thread.

Chicago, IL

#8 Oct 10, 2013
Eduardo Porter NY Times wrote:
Many Republicans hate anything Obama, thus their extreme hate of Obamacare. Truth is, many people who will benefit from O-care are poor red state Republicans who for decades have been taught less government is better. They might find out that more government isn't as bad as they were spoon fed to believe. Republicans fear more people who have greater access to health coverage under Obama may realize it didn't destroy America, that in fact it improved the lives for many that voted Republican.
It's not at all a matter of 'hating anything' Obama.

It's just that the only things Obama can find to park his ass on are things that infringe upon everyone's personal liberty, Constitutional rights, or are geared towards 'fairness' that entails someone else deciding how much of what one person makes should 'fairly' be taken away and given to someone else who didn't work for it.

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#9 Oct 10, 2013
Eduardo Porter NY Times wrote:
Many Republicans hate anything Obama, thus their extreme hate of Obamacare. Truth is, many people who will benefit from O-care are poor red state Republicans who for decades have been taught less government is better. They might find out that more government isn't as bad as they were spoon fed to believe. Republicans fear more people who have greater access to health coverage under Obama may realize it didn't destroy America, that in fact it improved the lives for many that voted Republican.
And reducing the size of the military will get teachers pay raises.-snort-. What a buffoon.

Chicago, IL

#10 Oct 10, 2013
Os Fan wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like Halliburton and the last President's VP who, coincidentally, invade countries that don't have WMD as we were told did? I'll take my chances on healthcare over killing innocent people any day.
Not like that at all. Not even a relevant or meaningful comparison. Have you heard? Cheney hasn't been VP for 5 years.

While your thinking along those lines, consider this:

Bush bombed Iraq and Afghanistan during his presidency.

Obama bombed Irag, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya during his so far, 4 years in.

And Obama the Nobel Peace Prize winner has sent Americans into Somalia and Kenya to kill, too.

Chicago, IL

#14 Oct 13, 2013
Let's say there are 100,000,000 signups that need to happen. In the first week, 51,000 signed up (er, perhaps 'created account' is all).

100,000,000 signups /51,000 per week = 1960 weeks

1960 weeks = 37 years

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#15 Oct 13, 2013
$634 million; now we know where all of those cuts Oblahblah made to medicare and social security are being funneled to.

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

#16 Oct 13, 2013
dragoon70056 wrote:
$634 million; now we know where all of those cuts Oblahblah made to medicare and social security are being funneled to.
The Medicare cuts are killing more people than O-care will ever save. I know many seniors who have stopped their meds or have started skipping doses and cutting pills to half doses.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#17 Oct 14, 2013
I ran across this last night:
http://www.ihealthcareupdates.com/obamacare-p...

Obamacare Premium Rates Across the US

Folk are in for a real hard time.

Chicago, IL

#18 Oct 16, 2013
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-sta...

( CNSNews.com )-- Bureaucracies in the Obama Administration have thus far published approximately 11,588,500 words of final Obamacare regulations, while there are only 381,517 words in the Obamacare law itself. That means unelected federal officials have now written 30 words of regulations for each word in the law. What is commonly known as the Obamacare law includes both the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) and the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act (HCERA). Since these bills were signed into law by President Barack Obama in March 2010, various agencies in the administration have published 109 final regulations spelling out how they are to be implemented. These 109 final regulations account for a combined 10,535 pages in the Federal Register, where the government officially published them.

Chicago, IL

#19 Oct 16, 2013
Daily Kos: Obamacare will double my monthly premium (according to Kaiser)

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/09/30/1242...

My wife and I just got our updates from Kaiser telling us what our 2014 rates will be. Her monthly has been $168 this year, mine $150. We have a high deductible. We are generally healthy people who don't go to the doctor often. I barely ever go. The insurance is in case of a major catastrophe.

Well, now, because of Obamacare, my wife's rate is gong to $302 per month and mine is jumping to $284.

I am canceling insurance for us and I am not paying any fvcking penalty. What the hell kind of reform is this?
--------
Even the far Left is finding out what's in it now that it's been signed.

Level 8

Hoosierville

#20 Oct 16, 2013
Efficiency! Clem are you insinuating that's not one of governments strong points?

Then again, when has it ever been?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_effic...

Chicago, IL

#21 Oct 16, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Efficiency! Clem are you insinuating that's not one of governments strong points?
Then again, when has it ever been?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_effic...
Government and efficiency go together like hand in glove.

Chicago, IL

#22 Oct 16, 2013
Well I screwed that up:

Government and efficiency go together like foot in glove.

Level 8

Hoosierville

#23 Oct 16, 2013
&fe ature=player_detailpage

Clem were you implying they try to stick too damn much into a health package that is destined to fail?

"Too damn much"
Millions (?Billion?)
-words to define & defend words-
options that aren't options
facts that are falsehoods
Frivolity instead of fairness
'i' could continue but it's given me a headache
Aleve time!

Chicago, IL

#24 Oct 16, 2013
"The Premiums Are Too Damn High" -- to paraphrase Jimmy McMillan

Level 8

Hoosierville

#25 Oct 16, 2013
=It is a government thing, isn't it?=
What'd you expect?
Tell me that last time they done a favor for you?
Was it WW II?
How you like the new 100 dollar bills, isn't it neat having a bound fold area?
The gov. figures since they aren't worth anything anymore the least they can do is make them
'pretty'.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#26 Oct 16, 2013
Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
Government and efficiency go together like hand in glove.
Better said. For if is hand in glove, we be talking rectal exam. So to speak.

As in. Bend over and take it! For it is coming.

Like, all the sudden all of us are in the military.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 11 min Jack 145,379
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 12 min Daves71camaro 27,410
One Word (Jan '09) 18 min Jack 16,261
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 19 min Jack 4,497
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 20 min Joi C 2,940
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 22 min Jack 192,725
Cant wait till those sexx robots come on the ma... 28 min Jack 3
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 36 min razz58 7,192
2words into 2new words (May '12) 44 min Sharlene45 2,173
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr Mega Monster 56,765