Obama

Romney

Gloop

Sam

Clarksville, OH

#89 Oct 5, 2012
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>didn't stop W from getting reelected
Did you really want pretty boy Kerry and felon Edwards calling the shots? Hell, the Dems were so full of crap in 2004 that they needed 2 Johns to hold it all, LOL!
Sam

Clarksville, OH

#90 Oct 5, 2012
Gotta go install a modern electrical service for a neighbor with 1920's wiring.

<One of those "job" thingies>

Have a good day Six Niner & Slacky!

“it's just craic”

Level 6

Since: Jan 09

Charlevoix, MI

#91 Oct 5, 2012
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>Did you really want pretty boy Kerry and felon Edwards calling the shots? Hell, the Dems were so full of crap in 2004 that they needed 2 Johns to hold it all, LOL!
LOL

no I voted third party that year

“Are We Having Fun Yet???”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

If Not, Why Not!!!

#92 Oct 5, 2012
I stand by what I posted earlier, people usually see the person they want to win as having won the debate.

Reminds me of an old tune:

Singing songs and carrying signs
Mostly say, hooray for our side.....

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#93 Oct 5, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Did anybody remember the GOP getting enough votes to prevent a vote in the Senate on a bill to forbid corporations from writing off moving expenses when relocating jobs form the US to overseas locations? And Willard Mitt Romney had the nerve to say in the debate that such write-offs are not permitted? Why was the proposed bill even necessary if that wasn't happening and why would the GOP be up in arms against it?
Like I said BOTH parties are responsible for the mess we are in. Anyone that thinks it is one and not the other has their head in the sand and could never be considered unbiased.

Gas prices shot up overnight in California, it isn't Obamas fault, it's California's legislation that created the problem. Both sides will spin try to spin it as though it is the other sides fault.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Hotel California

#94 Oct 5, 2012
Tiger Lilly wrote:
I stand by what I posted earlier, people usually see the person they want to win as having won the debate.
Reminds me of an old tune:
Singing songs and carrying signs
Mostly say, hooray for our side.....
I think Obama will be reelected.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#95 Oct 5, 2012
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said BOTH parties are responsible for the mess we are in. Anyone that thinks it is one and not the other has their head in the sand and could never be considered unbiased.
Gas prices shot up overnight in California, it isn't Obamas fault, it's California's legislation that created the problem. Both sides will spin try to spin it as though it is the other sides fault.
the main mess you are correct , it is the congress not the white house....

gas prices are the speculators ,,If I buy all the oil then I dictate the price .... not the government

people piss and moan about gas , but think nothing of paying an average of $50. per month for a phone plus the same for cable and how much for the net ???

Level 8

If Not, Why Not!!!

#97 Oct 5, 2012
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>I think Obama will be reelected.
I think so too.

He could lose, but just like home field advantage, there is an advantage to already being POTUS.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Right here under my thumb

#98 Oct 5, 2012
US jobless rate falls to 7.8 pct., 44-month low...

US unemployment rate falls to 7.8 pct., lowest since 2009.

Level 8

If Not, Why Not!!!

#99 Oct 5, 2012
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
gas prices are the speculators ,,If I buy all the oil then I dictate the price .... not the government
people piss and moan about gas , but think nothing of paying an average of $50. per month for a phone plus the same for cable and how much for the net ???
That's true Tally, but the cell, the cable and the net are options, we can certaily live without those if we have to. We can shop for the best prices and choose Direct TV or Dish over cable. With gas, we only have the choice of high or higher as we try to find a place that sell gas a penny or so cheaper a gallon. Most have cars and need to get to work, shopping, DR's vists, and the what have you of daily living. So, it's not really a choice of, I'll just economize and stop driving as it would be to stop using a cell or cable or internet......

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#100 Oct 5, 2012
I don't know who won, I was busy watching Honey Boo Boo!

Level 8

If Not, Why Not!!!

#101 Oct 5, 2012
Dean Leakey wrote:
<quoted text>True but the internet and phone are once a month constant fees. Many spend $50 twice a week for gas. Possibly more???
I didn't see your post before I posted to Tally and you made a good point about the number of times we buy gas as compared to the once a month fees for phone, internet and cable.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Hotel California

#102 Oct 5, 2012
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
California's issues are regulations that were set by our state for gas. We have a special blend that is only used in this state. There was an oil refinery fire in Richmond, the main provider of the special blend. Costco (like Walmart but also sells gas) has run out and closed their pumps, they don't have a refinery and buy off the open market. They can't go out of state because the gas will not meet the requirements that are in place. It will be up to my states legislation to amend it, at least temporarily. I will not hold my breath. Up 20 cents over night, I wonder how will it will take them?

“it's just craic”

Level 6

Charlevoix, MI

#103 Oct 5, 2012
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
there is little the president can do to effect oil prices

the cheneys are the one that do that

“it's just craic”

Level 6

Charlevoix, MI

#104 Oct 5, 2012
DondoDork wrote:
I don't know who won, I was busy watching Honey Boo Boo!
please don't vote

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Right here under my thumb

#105 Oct 5, 2012
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>
California's issues are regulations that were set by our state for gas. We have a special blend that is only used in this state. There was an oil refinery fire in Richmond, the main provider of the special blend. Costco (like Walmart but also sells gas) has run out and closed their pumps, they don't have a refinery and buy off the open market. They can't go out of state because the gas will not meet the requirements that are in place. It will be up to my states legislation to amend it, at least temporarily. I will not hold my breath. Up 20 cents over night, I wonder how will it will take them?
The Wall Street Journal indicates that within 10 years, the US will be no longer dependent on foreign oil. Since most of oue refineries are US based - don't get excited about a drop in price at the pumps.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#106 Oct 5, 2012
FOOTNOTE:

A TV documentary about the death of Osama bin Laden is being broadcast in the United States just two days before the Presidential election.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#107 Oct 5, 2012
Dean Leakey wrote:
<quoted text>True but the internet and phone are once a month constant fees. Many spend $50 twice a week for gas. Possibly more???
but there is alternatives to driving $50 per week in gas as well

so the pendulum swings to and fro

“it's just craic”

Level 6

Charlevoix, MI

#109 Oct 5, 2012
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
but there is alternatives to driving $50 per week in gas as well
for how many? contractors? rural residents that commute?

you are clueless pops

“it's just craic”

Level 6

Charlevoix, MI

#111 Oct 5, 2012
tallyho wrote:
FOOTNOTE:
A TV documentary about the death of Osama bin Laden is being broadcast in the United States just two days before the Presidential election.
footnote

the price of oil/gasoline fell 4 yrs ago

and today ....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Come To Topix Especially To Read Posts By (Jan '11) 9 min Adrian DeVine 4,283
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 10 min UnderstandPeople 28,599
Some Thoughts For Muslim Tolerance! (May '13) 17 min Adrian DeVine 6
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 21 min ---Word Woman--- 20,532
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 59 min wichita-rick 147,004
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr SLY WEST 1,077
It Takes 7 Police Agencies to Break Up Wedding ... 1 hr wichita-rick 17
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 2 hr Enzo49 416
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 36,515
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••