created by: Dr_Dirty | Oct 3, 2012

Weird

1,477 votes

Who Won the First Debate?

Click on an option to vote

  • Obama
  • Romney
  • Gloop
Comments
301 - 320 of 2,002 Comments Last updated Jul 18, 2014
ObamaPhone

Fort White, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#333
Oct 7, 2012
 
Naturally Wired wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if there gonna be any riots homie, you wouldn't mind picking me up a 50 inch high def tv and sending it my way? Some things way cheaper in the US than here.
Thanks, appreciate it.
Otay! You vote Obama to stay in da pezidintt Otay?

“it's just craic”

Level 6

Since: Jan 09

Charlevoix, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#334
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

tallyho wrote:
storm is good word as that is a 5 point swing in one outing ,,,, 5 point swing
Margin of error is 2 percentage points

but if its all ya got run with it

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#335
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
So far, so good. But CCS has two major hurdles. First, it consumes energy--a lot of it. While estimates vary, a coal-fired power plant would have to burn roughly 25 percent more coal to handle carbon sequestration while producing the same amount of electricity. That would mean a vast expansion in mining, transportation costs and byproducts such as fly ash.
But that's the easy part. The harder challenge would be transporting and burying all of this high-pressure CO2. American Electric Power recently began a CCS project at its Mountaineer Plant in West Virginia. The operation captures a few hundred tons of CO2 a day. That's a start--but a typical 500-megawatt power plant produces about 10,000 tons daily. Collectively, America's coal-fired power plants generate 1.5 billion tons per year. Capturing that would mean filling 30 million barrels with liquid CO2 every single day--about one and a half times the volume of crude oil the country consumes. It took roughly a century to build the infrastructure we use to distribute petroleum products. Could we build an even bigger CCS infrastructure of pumps, pipelines and wells quickly enough to hit the ambitious targets the climate bill envisions? Serious plans to engineer--much less finance--such a vast project aren't even on the table.
Here's a final problem: We don't know if the gas will stay buried. We could easily spend hundreds of billions injecting CO2 into the earth only to have it start leaking out again in a few decades. None of this means that CCS is impossible to achieve. But it is a dangerous gamble to assume that it will become technically and economically feasible any time soon."
So the technology sadly isn't there yet to make coal "clean." Yeah, if I were Mitt or you, pushing "clean coal", I'd be embarrassed too. LOL As much as some of us want to be able to use our massive coal deposits now and to stop funding bad guys who hate us, the devil's in the details. It's okay! I'm hoping you just didn't know any better.
Your posts were informative as well
as true. I'd like to add that burying
tons of toxic gas and expecting it not
to leak would be an idiotic thing to
even think about.

Where would we even bury it?

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#336
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts were informative as well
as true. I'd like to add that burying
tons of toxic gas and expecting it not
to leak would be an idiotic thing to
even think about.
Where would we even bury it?
Mitt Romney has several homes...

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#337
Oct 7, 2012
 
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>Margin of error is 2 percentage points
but if its all ya got run with it
you are right it is a 7 point swing .... but you should see who wrote the article and argue with them and stop being an internet ass

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#338
Oct 7, 2012
 
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Mitt Romney has several homes...
well you can't count 1600 Penn Ave yet

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#340
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

geno

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#341
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

How U Doin 80 wrote:
Does it really matter who wins anymore? Does it? It will be more of the same regardless who is in the WH.
What do you think will change in 4 years if say, Romney wins? All this fighting about who is better is ridiculous. Nothing major will change like everywhere wants to believe based on what the politicians say and promise.
It's all just a big pissing contest and the results are the same in the end. All politicians LIE. Majority of promises are LIES. All just to be elected and I for one am tired of it.
IMO.
Well, healthcare would change. No doubt wages and workers rights. Taxes too. How does a deficit get reduced by reducing revenue? And added 2 trillion to an already bloated military budget? Where's that cash come from? 12% of PBS's budget comes from the Federal government. That's bird feed... Romeny's still selling *trickle down* while Obama is pushing sharing the wealth via wages. Which works for you?

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#343
Oct 7, 2012
 
I'm all for putting our focus back on
the U.S.

There are many important things we need
to work on. Such as poverty, infrastructure,
health care, education, affordable housing
and the like.

Stop exporting jobs and importing goods.
Sam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#344
Oct 7, 2012
 
How U Doin 80 wrote:
I have a big problem with money being thrown out to wars that were and are NOOB! Can we just focus on the good ole USA and OUR problems instead of rushing to defend or butt in other countries problems? We have many problems of our own that are not being dealt with.
The money saved on wars would help massively. Protect America from the enemy? Yes. Do what is needed to accomplish that. Unnecessary wars to prove how badass we are? No.
We are no longer a superpower and haven't been in quite some time. Countries laugh at us now and are not intimidated at all. And that is what we should be afraid of.
We're no longer a superpower because panzyass liberal fluffers like Ferrerman are "running things".
Sam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#345
Oct 7, 2012
 
arctic wrote:
I'm all for putting our focus back on
the U.S.
There are many important things we need
to work on. Such as poverty, infrastructure,
health care, education, affordable housing
and the like.
Stop exporting jobs and importing goods.
NAFTA/Clinton.

'Nuff said.

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#346
Oct 7, 2012
 
I have an uncle who is a HS history
teacher. He and I never got along.

He used to tell his students something
(back when I was in HS) that bothered
me. He said that any time the US went
to war the country profited.

To me he seemed to be advocating war
and with one brother dead in Korea and
another scarred from Vietnam I thought
he would have different views.
I did...

I haven't spoken to him in yrs and I
wonder what he thinks of this war (or
2 wars actually). Is this the first
war (wars) that the country has not
profited from?

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#347
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

greedy unions , and just pure greed everywhere

even sports is falling off

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#349
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

arctic wrote:
I have an uncle who is a HS history
teacher. He and I never got along.
He used to tell his students something
(back when I was in HS) that bothered
me. He said that any time the US went
to war the country profited.
To me he seemed to be advocating war
and with one brother dead in Korea and
another scarred from Vietnam I thought
he would have different views.
I did...
I haven't spoken to him in yrs and I
wonder what he thinks of this war (or
2 wars actually). Is this the first
war (wars) that the country has not
profited from?
I think it is. WWII brought the whole country out of the depression as everyone went back to work and most everything was built for the war effort. The automakers quit building cars and retooled for tanks, for example. It was a different war though. Since Vietnam, the Military Industrial Complex has already been geared towards building the weapons of war so, they were ready for Iraq and Afghanistan. Building more was just gravy, not the making from scratch that WWII was. The last nine years have been steady work for them as 5,000+ men and women have died in vain. Several companies profit GREATLY and there is some trickle down but, that's all.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#350
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

How U Doin 80 wrote:
<quoted text>This is what I'm talking about. The name calling of anyone that doesn't agree with the other's view. I'm not a die hard political junkie at all. Just a regular citizen who is not happy with the way our country has been on the decline for years now.
Democrats, Republicans are BOTH to blame. So we can do without the name calling and the blame game. It has gotten us nowhere and says alot about the person.
Ignore him. Everybody else does.

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#351
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>I think it is. WWII brought the whole country out of the depression as everyone went back to work and most everything was built for the war effort. The automakers quit building cars and retooled for tanks, for example. It was a different war though. Since Vietnam, the Military Industrial Complex has already been geared towards building the weapons of war so, they were ready for Iraq and Afghanistan. Building more was just gravy, not the making from scratch that WWII was. The last nine years have been steady work for them as 5,000+ men and women have died in vain. Several companies profit GREATLY and there is some trickle down but, that's all.
I don't think Anything trickles down...
Maybe it did in the past and just doesn't
now or perhaps it never did.

There is a reason why 1% of the country holds
more wealth than the rest combined.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#353
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Anything trickles down...
Maybe it did in the past and just doesn't
now or perhaps it never did.
There is a reason why 1% of the country holds
more wealth than the rest combined.
Absolutely. They want to regain the power they had in "the gilded age" of the robber barons before unions.

Regular, middle class people, earning a good living is the only thing that stimulates the economy. The thing is, this stimulation CREATES wealthy people. It always did before. In a way, the rich are lazy these days. Look at Romney. He *built* nothing! All of his wealth is from pushing paper and cutting out peoples pensions and salaries. His father, at least, built cars and employed people. There is no "Romney Industrial" factory.

These people today look at labor costs as cutting into THEIR profits. If you're already a multi-millionaire, how could you resent the small home and car in the driveway your employee has? How could you think that takes away from what you have? It's how they think though.

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#354
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely. They want to regain the power they had in "the gilded age" of the robber barons before unions.
Regular, middle class people, earning a good living is the only thing that stimulates the economy. The thing is, this stimulation CREATES wealthy people. It always did before. In a way, the rich are lazy these days. Look at Romney. He *built* nothing! All of his wealth is from pushing paper and cutting out peoples pensions and salaries. His father, at least, built cars and employed people. There is no "Romney Industrial" factory.
These people today look at labor costs as cutting into THEIR profits. If you're already a multi-millionaire, how could you resent the small home and car in the driveway your employee has? How could you think that takes away from what you have? It's how they think though.
I watched a video Romney made yrs ago
explaining what he (his company) did.

It was all quite simple.
They stepped into companies that were
not doing well and in 5-7 yrs, when it
was turning a profit I assume, they
"harvested" the company.

The way he explained it he and his stock
holders profited and everyone else went
broke. lol
Sam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#355
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Ignore him. Everybody else does.
When are you going to start, fcuktard?????

BTW YOUR TOTUS' numbers are tanking (like a certain blog you're familiar with)

LMAO!

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#356
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
I watched a video Romney made yrs ago
explaining what he (his company) did.
It was all quite simple.
They stepped into companies that were
not doing well and in 5-7 yrs, when it
was turning a profit I assume, they
"harvested" the company.
The way he explained it he and his stock
holders profited and everyone else went
broke. lol
Yep. Absolutely NO trickle down there- just the scorched earth of people's lives. Real people's lives. It's obscene.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••