Gloop

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#312 Oct 6, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
I like Romney's answer I'll quote here:
Energy is critical, and the President pointed out correctly that production of oil and gas in the U.S. is up -- but not due to his policies, in spite of his policies. Mr. President, all of the increase in natural gas and oil has happened on private land, not on government land. On government land, your administration has cut the number of permits and licenses in half.
If Iím President, Iíll double them and also get the oil from offshore in Alaska, and Iíll bring that pipeline in from Canada. And by the way, I like coal. Iím going to make sure we can continue to burn clean coal. People in the coal industry feel like itís getting crushed by your policies. I want to get America and North America energy independent so we can create those jobs.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/trans...
So far, so good. But CCS has two major hurdles. First, it consumes energy--a lot of it. While estimates vary, a coal-fired power plant would have to burn roughly 25 percent more coal to handle carbon sequestration while producing the same amount of electricity. That would mean a vast expansion in mining, transportation costs and byproducts such as fly ash.

But that's the easy part. The harder challenge would be transporting and burying all of this high-pressure CO2. American Electric Power recently began a CCS project at its Mountaineer Plant in West Virginia. The operation captures a few hundred tons of CO2 a day. That's a start--but a typical 500-megawatt power plant produces about 10,000 tons daily. Collectively, America's coal-fired power plants generate 1.5 billion tons per year. Capturing that would mean filling 30 million barrels with liquid CO2 every single day--about one and a half times the volume of crude oil the country consumes. It took roughly a century to build the infrastructure we use to distribute petroleum products. Could we build an even bigger CCS infrastructure of pumps, pipelines and wells quickly enough to hit the ambitious targets the climate bill envisions? Serious plans to engineer--much less finance--such a vast project aren't even on the table.

Here's a final problem: We don't know if the gas will stay buried. We could easily spend hundreds of billions injecting CO2 into the earth only to have it start leaking out again in a few decades. None of this means that CCS is impossible to achieve. But it is a dangerous gamble to assume that it will become technically and economically feasible any time soon."

So the technology sadly isn't there yet to make coal "clean." Yeah, if I were Mitt or you, pushing "clean coal", I'd be embarrassed too. LOL As much as some of us want to be able to use our massive coal deposits now and to stop funding bad guys who hate us, the devil's in the details. It's okay! I'm hoping you just didn't know any better.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#313 Oct 6, 2012
Tiger Lilly wrote:
<quoted text>
He thinks your post did, go back and read and while you are at it, read Billys post in question slowly one more time. Move your lips if need be. He would have never made a post like you think he did, and he certainly would never make one like that to me.
Absolutely not, you know me too well to believe that I'd do anything disrespectful to you.. You know what I meant, that Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao and other maniacs like that are a uniquely evil bunch of people, and so saying someone is "Just like Hitler" is going to be a tall order indeed. Thankfully, very few people are "Just Like Hitler"...

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#314 Oct 6, 2012
damn..... did you go camping again ???????

“it's just craic”

Level 6

Since: Jan 09

Charlevoix, MI

#315 Oct 6, 2012
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
LBJ didn't own the co,
learn to read please ..........
Lady Bird Johnson owned a lot of stock in Bell helicopter
exactly

“it's just craic”

Level 6

Charlevoix, MI

#316 Oct 6, 2012
tallyho wrote:
damn..... did you go camping again ???????
just havin lunch with friends

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#317 Oct 6, 2012
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>exactly
hummmmmmmmmmmm when was she elected

“it's just craic”

Level 6

Charlevoix, MI

#318 Oct 6, 2012
just like when Kerry claimed he wasn't rich it was his wife's money, yea sure

they both reaped the rewards

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#319 Oct 6, 2012
she was only a stock holder , not an owner

“it's just craic”

Level 6

Charlevoix, MI

#320 Oct 6, 2012
LBJ family friends also became mega wealthy supplying overhead signs for the interstate hwys

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#321 Oct 6, 2012
so what ?? don't you ever get tired of whining
Man from Atlantis

North Charleston, SC

#322 Oct 6, 2012
Obama target by Levite Priest

President Barak Obama is an Left Democrat which mean he side Aryan, Vampire and Watchers but there a problem? Pure Aryan, Watcher and Vampire are B Rh negative or Aryan Vampire Sun Race. These Zerubbabel and Virgin Mary race; however Barak Obama is AB Rh negative, Just like President Clinton and George Bush all who were target with man made viruses causes cancerous mode and Leukemia. Semitic people are behind it all they have enough man made viruses to kill everyone in this country and they target our US president regularly. They target me too but if die the will be hell to pay and Lilith will see to that.

B Rh negative is the Virgin Mary or Lilith Sumeria Aryan race or Vampire or Gnostic Christians, Annakki Sumeria, Persia and Tamil people and Aztec and Mayan Sun priest.

AB Rh negative is Joseph and Levite priest Babylonian Semitic race or Werewolves or Pharasees

Barak Obama was target by man made viruses Because he was AB Rh negative so he was a traitor Pharasee or Levite Priest or Semitic priest which Levite, Brahmin and Wahabbee Imans!

Levite Priest have targeted President Bush, Clinton and Obama with man made viruses to influence US police toward Israel in the Middle and they been doing so since creation of Israel and may been responsible JFK Addision Disease severity while in the White House.

You just don't know just how far religious conservatives will go to influence US policy in this Country. They are dirty!
Man from Atlantis

North Charleston, SC

#323 Oct 6, 2012
President Clinton and Obama or both AB Rh negative and according their they are suppose be Religious Conservative like AB Rh negative Levite Priest or Joseph family.

No like B Rh negative Liberal like the Virgin Mary and Zerubabbel family.

George Bush is AB Rh negative and An religious Conservative and the Levite priest still while he was in office with cancerous moes.
Kate

San Jose, CA

#324 Oct 6, 2012
Man from Atlantis wrote:
President Clinton and Obama or both AB Rh negative and according their they are suppose be Religious Conservative like AB Rh negative Levite Priest or Joseph family.
No like B Rh negative Liberal like the Virgin Mary and Zerubabbel family.
George Bush is AB Rh negative and An religious Conservative and the Levite priest still while he was in office with cancerous moes.
Are you playing Dueling Banjos right now? I can almost picture it..

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#325 Oct 7, 2012
info:

After what was widely considered a clear-cut victory during the first presidential debate last Wednesday, Romney stormed ahead of President Obama by 2 percentage points in a national poll released yesterday, winning support from 49 percent of voters nationwide, compared to Obamaís 47.

ďItís a real indicator that Governor Romney had a good debate and has at least for the short term changed the perception of the race,Ē said pollster Scott Rasmussen.

Going into the debate, Obama led by two points, according to Rasmussenís daily presidential tracking poll.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#326 Oct 7, 2012
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>just havin lunch with friends
I keep skipping over this , but I can not resist since you have
PMed , chased me , used several IDs to harass me . so here it goes ...

you are having lunch with Animal Crackers ???

“it's just craic”

Level 6

Charlevoix, MI

#327 Oct 7, 2012
tallyho wrote:
so what ?? don't you ever get tired of whining
did you say that in your cheney voice?

“it's just craic”

Level 6

Charlevoix, MI

#328 Oct 7, 2012
tallyho wrote:
info:
After what was widely considered a clear-cut victory during the first presidential debate last Wednesday, Romney stormed ahead of President Obama by 2 percentage points in a national poll released yesterday, winning support from 49 percent of voters nationwide, compared to Obamaís 47.
ďItís a real indicator that Governor Romney had a good debate and has at least for the short term changed the perception of the race,Ē said pollster Scott Rasmussen.
Going into the debate, Obama led by two points, according to Rasmussenís daily presidential tracking poll.
"Romney stormed ahead of President Obama by 2 percentage points"

STORMED ahead by TWO POINTS

thats hilsrous

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#329 Oct 7, 2012
Always Wary wrote:
Romney won it, Obama seemed to be ... distracted.
So it was more of a default win. Obama will probably do better in the next two, after he practices more.
Or if they allow him a teleprompter.

“it's just craic”

Level 6

Charlevoix, MI

#331 Oct 7, 2012
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep skipping over this , but I can not resist since you have
PMed , chased me , used several IDs to harass me . so here it goes ...
you are having lunch with Animal Crackers ???
what about your gray box trolling pops

you have skipped over that too

lmao@u pops

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#332 Oct 7, 2012
storm is good word as that is a 5 point swing in one outing ,,,, 5 point swing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 3 min mrbill3 40,478
Do you believe spanking a child over the knee o... (Nov '10) 5 min Spotted Girl 201
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Princess Hey 149,518
Man's own dog helps police bust him on drug charge 11 min Spotted Girl 6
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 14 min Katie 5,306
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 24 min Selecia Jones- JA... 17,462
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 24 min Crowfoot Moleface 7,011
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr -CatCiao- 22,505
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 2 hr Paisley_Posey 46,048
True or False Game 2 hr Old Sam 610

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE