Gloop

LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

“it's just craic”

Level 6

Since: Jan 09

Charlevoix, MI

#230 Oct 6, 2012
good to know wrote:
<quoted text>The German's closed thier eyes to it also. When they finaly realised what was happening, it was too late to stop it. they were too frightened to speak up. Those who did found thier businesses ruined and themselves in jail or camp for being subversive and unpatriotic.
they didn't close their eyes to it

they feared retaliation and as long as the jews caught the boot they thought they were safe being silent

the lesson to be learned, stand up for the rights of all

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#231 Oct 6, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>You are not conservative in your stupidity! That's dumber than the guy's Nazi comparison.
Care to explain?

“Are We Having Fun Yet???”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

If Not, Why Not!!!

#232 Oct 6, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Stalin=USSR.
Just saying....
Really, the other 8 would be surprised to read that......

Level 8

If Not, Why Not!!!

#233 Oct 6, 2012
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>I knew you'd like that one...What a classic Rock and Roll line..."I don't even have a garage, you can call home and ask my wife".
Yes, you do know what I like.

I laughed at that about calling the wife.

My brother was listening too.

Thanks again!!!

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

#234 Oct 6, 2012
Tiger Lilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do and I also know that just like your posts, your ideas are well thought out.
The examples you give are, as you say, legitimate comparisons.
Anyone trying to compare what is going on in the USA today with Nazi Germany or USSR Communism for that matter, needs to do some serious reading and/or subscribe to the History Channel.
Hitler was a nearly unique form of evil, and comparing the USA to it is ludicrous at best. It is an insult to the millions of people Hitler had murdered.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

#235 Oct 6, 2012
Tiger Lilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you do know what I like.
I laughed at that about calling the wife.
My brother was listening too.
Thanks again!!!
Tell your bro that I said hi. Everyone should have a brother that cares as much as he does.

Level 8

If Not, Why Not!!!

#236 Oct 6, 2012
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>they didn't close their eyes to it
they feared retaliation and as long as the jews caught the boot they thought they were safe being silent
the lesson to be learned, stand up for the rights of all
Good post and yes, the Jews and others were the scape goats for a bad economy where it took more money (in small bills) than a person could carry to buy a loaf of bread.

Blaming "the other" to this day is still alive and well but we have ways to communicate with our fellow citizens that the people of that time and place couldn't even dream of......

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#237 Oct 6, 2012
Tiger Lilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on, you hate him, so any post he would/could make would fall on blind eyes where you are concerned......
His post was on point and if one of your friends had posted it, you would be falling all over yourself to praise them......
Here is what your buddy said:

"You know me, I'm about as conservative as they get. BUT...Anyone comparing nearly anything to Nazi Germany is total BS. The only possible legitimate comparisons that I can think of are Pol Pot, Mao Tse Tung, Joseph Stalin and the Armenian genocides of the early 1900's........."

Now, here's the thing: NONE of my friends think like that. That's why they're my friends and not creepy gatekeepers on Topix. To say that Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin and Armenian genocides are more equatable to the current administration (or any past American administration) is absolutely stupid and not at all "legitimate".

You, BTW, contradicted yourself about Stalin.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#238 Oct 6, 2012
Kate wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as "clean oil." Also the oil from the Keystone Pipeline will not stay in the U.S. anyway. If you're for it, would you be willing to have it run through your property?
for what we pay for it it should feel like it is our property

Location hidden

#239 Oct 6, 2012
nevermind wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.:)
My pleasure!

Level 8

If Not, Why Not!!!

#240 Oct 6, 2012
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler was a nearly unique form of evil, and comparing the USA to it is ludicrous at best. It is an insult to the millions of people Hitler had murdered.
I so agree.

Whining about having to comply with laws/rules that save lives and then trying to say that what is going on in the USA is akin to what happened during pre and WW2 times in Germany is crossing a line that I could not ignore.

Location hidden

#241 Oct 6, 2012
Kate wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever seen the documentary "Gasland?" A real eye-opener. It really disturbs me that some people show a blind eye towards the irreversible effects fracking does to the environment, namely water supplies.
Yes, I have. It's frightening. Potable water will be a severe crisis in our near future. The *conservative**answer* to this is "buy bottled water". Disgusting. At the very least they are manufacturing a *need* for bottled water to profit from that and things like fracking and desires to eliminate the EPA and regulations concerning clean water assist that.

Level 8

If Not, Why Not!!!

#242 Oct 6, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Here is what your buddy said:
"You know me, I'm about as conservative as they get. BUT...Anyone comparing nearly anything to Nazi Germany is total BS. The only possible legitimate comparisons that I can think of are Pol Pot, Mao Tse Tung, Joseph Stalin and the Armenian genocides of the early 1900's........."
Now, here's the thing: NONE of my friends think like that. That's why they're my friends and not creepy gatekeepers on Topix. To say that Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin and Armenian genocides are more equatable to the current administration (or any past American administration) is absolutely stupid and not at all "legitimate".
That is not what he said and not what he meant, he was comparing them to Hitler, not to any American admim. Your wanting to saying something bad about him has you not reading posts properly.

BTW, I never posted the word Stalin.

Those posters are right, you used to be funny and now you are just grumpy and to make matters worse, you need reading glasses.

BTW2, you are just jealous cause people love Billy but they don't love you......

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

#243 Oct 6, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Here is what your buddy said:
So, the fact that each of those people ordered the murder of millions of people doesn't make them any worse than our American government? Really???

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#244 Oct 6, 2012
Tiger Lilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post and yes, the Jews and others were the scape goats for a bad economy where it took more money (in small bills) than a person could carry to buy a loaf of bread.
Blaming "the other" to this day is still alive and well but we have ways to communicate with our fellow citizens that the people of that time and place couldn't even dream of......
the Jewish were scape goats since day1# the Germans no doubt about it , they took it to the extreme , but the whole world used the Jews....

even today .....

please lets get back to home here Oba/Rom ...

neither is a cure , and no president ever will be .... we have to figure out how to clean up the HILL

funny how you all remember the Germans , perhaps

Ho Chi Ming / Pol Pot / Ida Amin / Saddam also were practitioner. of the Hilter rhetoric ....

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

#245 Oct 6, 2012
Tiger Lilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I so agree.
Whining about having to comply with laws/rules that save lives and then trying to say that what is going on in the USA is akin to what happened during pre and WW2 times in Germany is crossing a line that I could not ignore.
Yeah, complying with laws and getting your brains blown out are profoundly different experiences, unless (apparently) your name is Ferrerman......

Level 8

If Not, Why Not!!!

#246 Oct 6, 2012
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>Tell your bro that I said hi. Everyone should have a brother that cares as much as he does.
I certainly will and thanks, he is one in a million.

Level 8

If Not, Why Not!!!

#247 Oct 6, 2012
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>Care to explain?
He tried to in that post to me and he read your post so fast that he got it wrong.

He owes you an apology, but I doubt he will man up and say he is sorry....

Level 8

If Not, Why Not!!!

#248 Oct 6, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>My pleasure!
Really, he used your post to justify his thinking that we here in the USA are getting played the same way that Hitler played the German people.

You just got played by him.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#249 Oct 6, 2012
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, complying with laws and getting your brains blown out are profoundly different experiences, unless (apparently) your name is Ferrerman......
is that a polite way of saying " In-experienced " , on all accounts

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 2 min harrypaul1 16,293
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 min Hoosier Hillbilly 31,043
Word association (Jun '07) 4 min harrypaul1 7,109
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 4 min harrypaul1 13,291
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min lightbeamrider 223,041
Democrats are 'bribing' the Republicans!!! 25 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 26 min whatimeisit 7,167
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr whatimeisit 6,571
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr UT Rules 150,661
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr xxxooxxx 225,396