Petition to deport Piers Morgan hits ...

Petition to deport Piers Morgan hits 31,400

There are 666 comments on the KSDK-TV Saint Louis story from Dec 24, 2012, titled Petition to deport Piers Morgan hits 31,400. In it, KSDK-TV Saint Louis reports that:

More than 31,400 people have signed a petition calling for British CNN host Piers Morgan to be deported from the U.S. over his gun-control views.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSDK-TV Saint Louis.

Mid Term 2014

Texarkana, TX

#511 Jan 12, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>As for your last sentence, I have a wife to handle that.
As for the rest, I admit I know little about Piers Morgan's activities in Britain, beyond a bit of gossip. I do know that CNN hired him to replace the retiring Larry King. On this new show, I have found Mr. Morgan to be a smart and probing interviewer.
I also know about some sort of petition to oust Morgan for speaking his mind about guns, which was destined to fail, as it has.
I would miss him if he left the show, and I certainly oppose any efforts to bully him off his show.
I shall endeavour to treat you more politely, but please remember that your first post that I respnded to seemed to reek of malevolence.
The petition didn't fail, it surpassed the 25,000 ,mark required for a response. It continued to surge and almost made it to 110,000 signatures, before the Whitehouse gave a lame response and stopped the signatures from climbing any higher.

Link to Whitehouse petition.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/dep...

We never expected Morgan to be deported, the petition was mainly put up as a way to let it be known that a large majority of people strongly disagreed with his rant against the 2nd Amendment
A source

Hoffman Estates, IL

#512 Jan 12, 2013
Actually, the NRA had the most to gain from the school shooting. It was like a membership drive for them and they recently boasted that they earned 100,000 new members from that incident alone. Think about the number of well-trained gun men in the ranks of NRA membership. Then think about the influx of money from 100,000+ new members. It's pretty easy to see that the NRA had PLENTY to gain from this.
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#513 Jan 12, 2013
He comes from a nation where he has no choice in the matter so who cares what his government sponsored opinions are? Maybe we should listen to someone from China tell us about our 1st Amd next or someone from Saudi Arabia to tell us about who should be allowed to drive cars in the US.

Strangely the land that embraced the Enlightenment has no more philosophy at all. The Brits vote to have their lives run by others and cower in corners when riots consume their country and then tell others to implement gun control.

The are still the same as they ever were - believing they are the bearers of civilization who will tame the barbarians while themselves being immoral and vile.
Mid Term 2014

Texarkana, TX

#514 Jan 12, 2013
Village Mystery wrote:
He comes from a nation where he has no choice in the matter so who cares what his government sponsored opinions are? Maybe we should listen to someone from China tell us about our 1st Amd next or someone from Saudi Arabia to tell us about who should be allowed to drive cars in the US.
Strangely the land that embraced the Enlightenment has no more philosophy at all. The Brits vote to have their lives run by others and cower in corners when riots consume their country and then tell others to implement gun control.
The are still the same as they ever were - believing they are the bearers of civilization who will tame the barbarians while themselves being immoral and vile.
The British have been subjugated for centuries, MOST, but not all follow authority without question. I've met a few British Citizens that would love to have our constitutional form of government. They would love to be able to have the right of self defense. The tide may shift against socialism in the UK at some point.

Unfortunately the USA is not far behind the UK, unless our ( purposefully ) dumbed down society suddenly has spontaneous national epiphany.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#515 Jan 12, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Oh get real, he has his asss handed to him on a regular bases. He thinks yelling loud and cutting off those he don't like makes his debate when it just shows his fear of facing facts. He is a fool as is anyone who thinks he is a true journalist.
I'll go with my opinion of Piers Morgan. Thanks anyway.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#516 Jan 12, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
There’s little doubt Larry King is liberal. The difference between King and Morgan is professionalism. King was always professional. Do a bit a research on the man. Morgan is not professional and certainly hasn’t been honest during his life.
You have a right to your opinion, but I don't share it. Larry King was okay in my view, though he threw mostly softball questions, thus letting true scoundrels get away with too much bullshit.

Morgan, on the other hand, has much more passion and gets to the heart of the issues. He is not afraid of heated confrontations, which is fine with me.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#517 Jan 12, 2013
Mid Term 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
The petition didn't fail, it surpassed the 25,000 ,mark required for a response. It continued to surge and almost made it to 110,000 signatures, before the Whitehouse gave a lame response and stopped the signatures from climbing any higher.
Link to Whitehouse petition.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/dep...
We never expected Morgan to be deported, the petition was mainly put up as a way to let it be known that a large majority of people strongly disagreed with his rant against the 2nd Amendment
As I stated, efforts to get rid of Piers Morgan have failed. Your assertion that "a large majority of people" disagreed with Morgan's comments (what you describe as "rant") about the second amendment borders on the ludicrous.

If you are as passionate about the first amendment as about the second amendment, you will recognize that Piers Morgan has a right to say things you disagree with. If I were to use your criteria for ousting someone from the airwaves, Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly et al, and the Fox News channel would disappear.
MAID IN AMERICA

Bartow, FL

#518 Jan 12, 2013
He should have been deported when he was on America's got Talent...I NEVER understood how they could replace Larry King with a self centered,self serving Brit SNOB...This IS still AMERICAN TV,right????...When I want to listen to the BBC(or any other British programming),I watch PBS...

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#519 Jan 12, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Just aware of the liberal bias in our media; journalists are the press arm of the Democratic party.
.
<quoted text>The petition to deport Piers Morgan because of his political speech infringes on freedom of speech. The White House's policy of censoring petitions that fall outside their terms of use is an explicit abridgment of the right to petition. President Obama uses those petitions for demagogy, not to redress grievances.
Yes, there is liberal bias in the media. That has nothing to do with the petitions on the White House site.

You again overlook there is a petition to impeach Obama on the site as well. Anyone can start a petition to deport anyone. There is no violation of civil rights unless the government illegally acts on the petition.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#520 Jan 12, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Condoms might stop sperm from fertilizing an egg and creating a person but they don't kill people. Condoms also stop the spread of some sexually transmitted diseases.
Here's a bit of reading for you http://www.amazon.com/Drunk-With-Blood-killin...

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#521 Jan 12, 2013
The rules of a gunfight:

Some words to the wise….

Shooting Advice from various Concealed Carry Instructors:

If you own a gun, you will appreciate this.

If not, you should get one and learn how to use it:

A: Guns have only two enemies - rust and politicians.

B: It's always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

C: Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.

D: Never let someone or something that threatens you get within your arm’s length.

E: Never say "I've got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.

F: The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

G: The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win – cheat if necessary.

H: Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets ... You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it'll be empty.

I: If you're in a gun fight

1. If you're not shooting, you should be loading.
2. If you're not loading, you should be moving,
3. If you're not moving', you're dead.

J: In a life and death situation, do something ... It may be wrong, but do something!

K: If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense!

If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

L: You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much a universal language.

M: Forget the save the planet nonsense, it doesn't need saving, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.
MAID IN AMERICA

Bartow, FL

#522 Jan 12, 2013
TO ALL those who BOOED ME...If you CAN'T take the HEAT from The BLOG...STAY OFF!!!!!..and to The ETERNAL CYNIC from Wesley Chapel...QUIT being such a CLOSED MINDED REDNECK!!!and ...GET OVER IT!...OBAMA is The PREZ!!!!..MOVE ON ..or MOVE AWAY...

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#523 Jan 12, 2013
MAID IN AMERICA wrote:
TO ALL those who BOOED ME...If you CAN'T take the HEAT from The BLOG...STAY OFF!!!!!..and to The ETERNAL CYNIC from Wesley Chapel...QUIT being such a CLOSED MINDED REDNECK!!!and ...GET OVER IT!...OBAMA is The PREZ!!!!..MOVE ON ..or MOVE AWAY...
He’s your president, I didn’t vote for him.
MAID IN AMERICA

Bartow, FL

#524 Jan 12, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
The rules of a gunfight:
Some words to the wise….
Shooting Advice from various Concealed Carry Instructors:
If you own a gun, you will appreciate this.
If not, you should get one and learn how to use it:
A: Guns have only two enemies - rust and politicians.
B: It's always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
C: Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.
D: Never let someone or something that threatens you get within your arm’s length.
E: Never say "I've got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.
F: The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
G: The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win – cheat if necessary.
H: Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets ... You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it'll be empty.
I: If you're in a gun fight
1. If you're not shooting, you should be loading.
2. If you're not loading, you should be moving,
3. If you're not moving', you're dead.
J: In a life and death situation, do something ... It may be wrong, but do something!
K: If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense!
If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?
L: You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much a universal language.
M: Forget the save the planet nonsense, it doesn't need saving, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.
Are YOU a Hatfield or McCoy????...

“Uzi Does It”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#525 Jan 12, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, you’re the Richardnator. Flawless precision with your little Uzi. You’ll place 100 rounds through the same hole. You win national championships and are the best in the world.
How do you know my accuracy with a pistol? I find it interesting you would desire to compare your skills with a pistol at distance. I do shoot pistol out to 100 yards. Care to test your accuracy against me shooting a carbine? A bit closer in size.
Yes, you love your ugly little Uzi. Keep spraying.
Your posts are tantamount to those of the gun banning left, a litany of jabs from a rolodex of whimsical nonsense. Speaking of carbines, I have an original IMI Uzi Mini-carbine with box, shoulder strap, one magazine, display barrel and owner's manual, like NEW. Yours to carbine shoot to heart's content, for 3,600.00...offer ends in 24 hours, starting right now.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#526 Jan 12, 2013
MAID IN AMERICA wrote:
He should have been deported when he was on America's got Talent...I NEVER understood how they could replace Larry King with a self centered,self serving Brit SNOB...This IS still AMERICAN TV,right????...When I want to listen to the BBC(or any other British programming),I watch PBS...
Why should he have been deported for appearing on some talent show?

Wouldn’t CNN be within their legal rights to hire who they desire for the position? If you don’t like the clown, don’t watch him. I can’t stand the fool and I don’t watch him.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#527 Jan 12, 2013
MAID IN AMERICA wrote:
<quoted text>Are YOU a Hatfield or McCoy????...
Are you retarded or just willfully ignorant?
Tray

New Albany, MS

#528 Jan 12, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I'll go with my opinion of Piers Morgan. Thanks anyway.
That's your right. Men with guns saw to that, men with guns protect that right, men who fear guns can't take that right.
MAID IN AMERICA

Bartow, FL

#529 Jan 12, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
He’s your president, I didn’t vote for him.
I DON'T remember reading where WESLEY CHAPEL,FL. succeeded from the Union...or maybe it's YOU that's succeeded from the Union???..Maybe it's time to validate your passport?????..
MAID IN AMERICA

Bartow, FL

#530 Jan 12, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you retarded or just willfully ignorant?
Are YOU a MENTAL MIDGET..or a RAVING MANIAC????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 12 min Emerald 3,793
Tomi Lehren says 18 min greymouser 4
Benghazi (Oct '15) 44 min greymouser 125
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 1 hr wichita-rick 5,806
2words into 2new words (May '12) 1 hr wichita-rick 6,788
News Weird substance discovered in new A 5 notes - a... 1 hr greymouser 37
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 206,995
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 1 hr Major tiny Tarm 1,474
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 3 hr GLEN CARTER 10,601
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr Enzo49 67,188
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 4 hr Enzo49 20,485
More from around the web