#9402 Apr 25, 2013
Tease, too much, a little is fine.

“Understand people,”

Level 3

Since: Mar 08

do you.

#9403 Apr 26, 2013
Ga missy wrote:
Men should not leave all the work to women!
You're working too hard. If he enjoys your company, he will work harder. This goes for any case you speak of.

But be sure to give a dog a bone after he's finishing doing tricks.
;)

“Understand people,”

Level 3

do you.

#9404 Apr 26, 2013
Sweetie-Pie wrote:
Assume they know anything about women.
Hey, teacher, teach 'em!
Can't expect a kid to know how to count if you don't teach him math.

Realistic expectations are less aggravating.
Make him multiply with you. ;)

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#9405 Apr 26, 2013
Have naughty thoughts while their women are driving.

“Want A Friend, Be One”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

You'll Know Your True Friends.

#9406 Apr 26, 2013
play childish games with a womans heart...

“Understand people,”

Level 3

do you.

#9407 Apr 26, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Hide feelings.
Ones that hide feelings either have a hidden agenda, don't know how to express themselves, or are uncomfortable with sharing their feelings with another woman.

Scenario one, she should be wise enough to recognize 'game'. If she gets caught up in it, she should not hold all men accountable to that one man's agenda. She just learns something new. She can play along with the game or dump him. Her preference and power to do so.

Scenario two, he needs help building confidence. If she wants to help him out as a person to build confidence, fine. If not, tell him what he needs to work on building confidence. On the flip side, if she only wants 100% ready made men to be with, good luck to her and her expectations as she should keep fishing for that good catch.

Finally, three. Men spend time making the woman feel comfortable, so the woman should do the same. That way, they both have a form of trust between each other.

There's a belief that men should not show feelings because it's a 'feminine attribute'. A man can show feelings, but must do it with self control and be cool about it. In addition, he is curious about her character just as she is curious about his; the reason why men and women want a comprehensive disclosure of 'feelings.

Remember, he is watching her 'feelings', too.
=)

“Understand people,”

Level 3

do you.

#9408 Apr 26, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Have naughty thoughts while their women are driving.
He is waiting to hold the hands that now hold the steering wheel.
Drive faster!

Level 6

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#9409 Apr 26, 2013
UnderstandPeople wrote:
<quoted text>
Ones that hide feelings either have a hidden agenda, don't know how to express themselves, or are uncomfortable with sharing their feelings with another woman.
Scenario one, she should be wise enough to recognize 'game'. If she gets caught up in it, she should not hold all men accountable to that one man's agenda. She just learns something new. She can play along with the game or dump him. Her preference and power to do so.
Scenario two, he needs help building confidence. If she wants to help him out as a person to build confidence, fine. If not, tell him what he needs to work on building confidence. On the flip side, if she only wants 100% ready made men to be with, good luck to her and her expectations as she should keep fishing for that good catch.
Finally, three. Men spend time making the woman feel comfortable, so the woman should do the same. That way, they both have a form of trust between each other.
There's a belief that men should not show feelings because it's a 'feminine attribute'. A man can show feelings, but must do it with self control and be cool about it. In addition, he is curious about her character just as she is curious about his; the reason why men and women want a comprehensive disclosure of 'feelings.
Remember, he is watching her 'feelings', too.
=)
Thank you and hi, I'm Lu :-)

“Understand people,”

Level 3

do you.

#9410 Apr 26, 2013
Princess Hey wrote:
play childish games with a womans heart...
I've done that in the past because I was learning her as I was learning myself by how I should act towards her.
In fact, I still do it...=)

It is a testing game, for me. Take the game subjectively as if you are being quizzed on an exam. But don't cheat on the exam, such as you reacting to the test in an insincere way because you know that he is testing you. Fill out the answers truthfully so you won't waste your time and his time.

Tell him indirectly 'I am a confident woman. I know this is a test. Keep it coming, bruh, because you are gonna like my answers.'(but don't say it like you had gotten offended by the test game. Play it right).

If he observes and likes that sincerity, he will stay. If he gets intimidated by your sincerity, he will leave because your truthfulness does not fit his insincere agenda.
Simple.

Many say what they don't do so my preferable way of 'button pushing' sometimes becomes a necessary evil for me.
Procedure is: I do this, watch the other's reaction. Give a little, pull back, listen and observe. Give a little, pull back, listen and observe.

Now, if you become upset about those childish games, you are at fault for not recognizing that we as people have many ways to disclose other's trustworthiness. Be patient with these tests.

Patience is a muthaf*cka, but wisdom does come from having it.
So, go ahead and play along with the kiddies in the sandbox, but do it as an thick skinned adult.=)

“Want A Friend, Be One”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

You'll Know Your True Friends.

#9411 Apr 26, 2013
yes thats my biggest problem too honest but thats what I want honesty why cant the guy be just as honest instead of acting like you are pulling his tongue out for the truth..not right in my book..childish..

“Understand people,”

Level 3

do you.

#9412 Apr 26, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you and hi, I'm Lu :-)
Hello, Lu. I'm glad my ramblings had some meaning for you. ;)
I am always here to disclose my own masculine wisdom and idiocy.
;)
It's hard to imagine that a grown man wants to hide his feelings.
Guess there are too many Tony Sopranos who pay hundreds of dollars to talk to a woman who is not a candidate to be his soul mate. LOL. Oh well...

What experiences have you had with mute mouthed men?

Level 6

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#9413 Apr 26, 2013
UnderstandPeople wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Lu. I'm glad my ramblings had some meaning for you. ;)
I am always here to disclose my own masculine wisdom and idiocy.
;)
It's hard to imagine that a grown man wants to hide his feelings.
Guess there are too many Tony Sopranos who pay hundreds of dollars to talk to a woman who is not a candidate to be his soul mate. LOL. Oh well...
What experiences have you had with mute mouthed men?
Well... I seem to attract them and then scare them off. I am brutally honest and open. I communicate my thoughts and feel what he feels. So, when something is not quite right, I know it but I don't know why and when I can't get an answer, a direct answer, I get upset and hurt. It's that impatience thing I guess. I bounce back quickly but if it happens too often, it piles up and I become melancholy and distance myself. I've also been deceived and used, a lot so I get ... I don't know... I get suspicious I guess. I tend to be too trusting then have moments of regret over trusting. I don't know if any of this makes sense, it's hard to put so much intensity into words.

“Understand people,”

Level 3

do you.

#9414 Apr 26, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
Well... I seem to attract them and then scare them off. I am brutally honest and open. I communicate my thoughts and feel what he feels. So, when something is not quite right, I know it but I don't know why and when I can't get an answer, a direct answer, I get upset and hurt. It's that impatience thing I guess. I bounce back quickly but if it happens too often, it piles up and I become melancholy and distance myself. I've also been deceived and used, a lot so I get ... I don't know... I get suspicious I guess. I tend to be too trusting then have moments of regret over trusting. I don't know if any of this makes sense, it's hard to put so much intensity into words.
So, when something is not quite right, I know it but I don't know why and when I can't get an answer, a direct answer, I get upset and hurt.
You have a strong personality in that you want to 'sew up' the relationship quickly so that you won't fell like you are wasting your time; 'something is not quite right' probably means he is showing signs of not fitting your expectations in the relationship.

Don't get upset because I myself had reacted that way with a young woman who later stated that 'I wanted all or nothing' and also 'let her love you' meaning that I was putting too much in it too quickly.
I wanted her to communicate at the same speed as me. She didn't, so I shamefully told her 'f*** you, then' which was A VERY, VERY, BAD DECISION made from my deficiency of character. You can pretty much guess what the epilogue of that story was.
That made me think...'Am I exemplifying a form of desperation? Is this what made me push her away?' Yes indeed.
I bounce back quickly but if it happens too often, it piles up and I become melancholy and distance myself. I've also been deceived and used, a lot so I get ... I don't know... I get suspicious I guess. I tend to be too trusting then have moments of regret over trusting.
We all want to be instantly loved, but we have to slow down, put the brakes on and go to the pit crew to put some new tires on or crash into the wall possibly hurting others for our recklessness. I am still learning and try to not get too melancholic because that brings negative thoughts. It's hard to break the mold made by the past, though, I try using the experience to make me wiser and more calm.

Plus, being suspicious is being smart but I use the microscope to laugh at the bulls*** I see instead of getting depressed. It gets a bit monotonous seeing it over and over again, but I realize I am holding the microscope, and NO ONE under that scope will change what I have to offer, so why regret what you are capable of doing? Bad samples on the petri dish, throw it away, next sample BUT don't spend all your energy observing one sample and get upset that the thing on the sample turned out to be a fluke worm.

Just advertise your strong personality without beating yourself up, give him a flirtatious, non-dictatorial taste of it once in a while, then give him time to swallow.
You might be surprised at what you will find by giving teeny pieces overtime. You might even have enough time to spot a possible deceiver who is currently tasting, then leave him with an empty stomach.

And give yourself time to taste him too so you won't trust too quickly.
Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#9415 Apr 26, 2013
Underestimate me.

“Understand people,”

Level 3

do you.

#9416 Apr 26, 2013
Princess Hey wrote:
yes thats my biggest problem too honest but thats what I want honesty why cant the guy be just as honest instead of acting like you are pulling his tongue out for the truth..not right in my book..childish..
He plays a perception game to get what he wants from you.
I had done that before and realized that it's stupid to play.

Section 1: WANTING TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH HER:
I just be straight forward:'I am this. I like this. I wanna give you this. I want to know this. I wanna give you a kiss. So...what do you think about this?'
If 'this' isn't what she wants, I excuse myself (a teeny bit upset, that I couldn't compliment her, maybe because she is sexy, has a personality quirk, whatever), kiss her hand, and part ways.
But a dude that will talk s**t instead of excusing himself is bringing frustration to himself or her. Not worth the psychological trouble. I'd rather walk away and say, "She was cute" or "she was bubbly" instead of talking s*** to her saying "I don't give a f*** to respect your expectations" which is childish.
She will find out the truth eventually, so why live a lie? Too much hassle.

Section 2: CURRENTLY IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH HER:
Almost the same as 'Section 1', but with trust, love, time, sacrifice, and respect in the picture. But lie at this point??? WTF? Why???
So much has been invested from the prior section.
Dialogue: "Okay, babe. We have to talk."
Next step, back to section 1 plus the possible evolving benefits of Section 2.

“Understand people,”

Level 3

do you.

#9417 Apr 26, 2013
Proud To Be Trina wrote:
Underestimate me.
What will you do if he does?
I'm thinking of too many consequences here.

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#9418 Apr 26, 2013
Proud To Be Trina wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey hml, did all go well with your husband today?
Thank you for asking.He done the colonoscopy.They found 2 polyps.Cut them out and sent them off to be tested.Have to wait for the results..If everything come back ok he will have test in 5 years then..Just have to wait for now.

Things men should not do..Forget to take those tests.Never forget to take care of themselves.
Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#9419 Apr 26, 2013
honeymylove wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for asking.He done the colonoscopy.They found 2 polyps.Cut them out and sent them off to be tested.Have to wait for the results..If everything come back ok he will have test in 5 years then..Just have to wait for now.
Things men should not do..Forget to take those tests.Never forget to take care of themselves.
Well, hopefully his test will come back normal. It's sad, but it's usually us gals who have to take care of them, the kids, and ourselves. Don't know what they'd do without us.

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#9420 Apr 26, 2013
Proud To Be Trina wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, hopefully his test will come back normal. It's sad, but it's usually us gals who have to take care of them, the kids, and ourselves. Don't know what they'd do without us.
You're sooo right..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A to Z songs by title or group! 3 min wichita-rick 1,005
Don't ever date or marry a flight attendant! 17 min greymouser 16
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 17 min River Tam 211,664
GMGMike's Bar And Grill (Jan '10) 37 min Enzo49 20,486
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr MADRONE 219,622
Thinking Out Loud....Feel Free To Say What's On... (Mar '15) 2 hr Brandiiiiiiii 69
honeymylove (Sep '13) 2 hr honeymylove 46
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr TheJerseyDevil 71,382
What Turns You Off? 7 hr UnderstandPeople 429
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 7 hr UnderstandPeople 3,268
More from around the web