Thought For The Day
Roxie Darling
Level 6

Since: Jan 13

.

#42 Jan 21, 2013
Does a cucumber count?

“Colleges Search Engine ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

www.schoolanduniversity.com

#43 Jan 21, 2013
" If pain is weakness leaving the body, is an excuse... weakness entering the body?"

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#44 Jan 21, 2013

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#45 Jan 21, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
http://homeinsteaders.org/wp-c ontent/header-images/fox.jpg
At the risk of being phony and irritating the irritable ones....
I totally agree. Most of us spend money we don't have for things we don't need - to impress people we don't like.

I'm trying not to participate in this, very hard as we have kind of been programmed to think we need 'more'.
DILF

Huntington, NY

#46 Jan 21, 2013
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
At the risk of being phony and irritating the irritable ones....
I totally agree. Most of us spend money we don't have for things we don't need - to impress people we don't like.
I'm trying not to participate in this, very hard as we have kind of been programmed to think we need 'more'.
I agree with you 100%.
The amount of unnecessary crap that is bought is ridiculous.
All we really need is food/water, shelter, and love.
Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#47 Jan 21, 2013
DILF wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you 100%.
The amount of unnecessary crap that is bought is ridiculous.
All we really need is food/water, shelter, and love.
And chapstick... cant live without my chapstick...

Bar Fly_ok

“Beauty lies in the hands ....”

Level 5

Since: May 10

Of the beer holder :)

#48 Jan 21, 2013
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
At the risk of being phony and irritating the irritable ones....
I totally agree. Most of us spend money we don't have for things we don't need - to impress people we don't like.
I'm trying not to participate in this, very hard as we have kind of been programmed to think we need 'more'.
I agree.
The only person I try to impress is myself.

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#49 Jan 21, 2013
Bar Fly_ok wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
The only person I try to impress is myself.
That's the one that really counts.

“Where DO missing socks go?”

Level 7

Since: Jun 11

They run away to join the show

#50 Jan 21, 2013
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
At the risk of being phony and irritating the irritable ones....
I totally agree. Most of us spend money we don't have for things we don't need - to impress people we don't like.
I'm trying not to participate in this, very hard as we have kind of been programmed to think we need 'more'.
Im sorry that someone came on here and called you a name yesterday when we were having such a nice conversation

“Where DO missing socks go?”

Level 7

Since: Jun 11

They run away to join the show

#51 Jan 21, 2013
Roxie Darling wrote:
Does a cucumber count?
In a salad? I think so

“Where DO missing socks go?”

Level 7

Since: Jun 11

They run away to join the show

#52 Jan 21, 2013
reebie wrote:
<quoted text>
And chapstick... cant live without my chapstick...
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
At the risk of being phony and irritating the irritable ones....
I totally agree. Most of us spend money we don't have for things we don't need - to impress people we don't like.
I'm trying not to participate in this, very hard as we have kind of been programmed to think we need 'more'.
I don't need this stuff, and I don't need you. I don't need anything except this.
[picks up an ashtray]
And that's it and that's the only thing I need, is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this. The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. And this. And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair.
[walking outside]
And I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[dog growls]
I don't need my dog.

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#53 Jan 21, 2013
-Topicks Puppet Show- wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>
I don't need this stuff, and I don't need you. I don't need anything except this.
[picks up an ashtray]
And that's it and that's the only thing I need, is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this. The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. And this. And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair.
[walking outside]
And I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[dog growls]
I don't need my dog.
haha

I want to read 1984 again,'cause I think we are living it to a certain extent. I cancelled my cable this past year and had a wonderful election. I am trying to opt out of the news and being steered in any direction AND I am not being preached at about the latest thing I need. I know it goes deeper than that, but it's a pretty good start!(still like this thread, lots of thoughtful posts with a good mixture of humor also)
Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#54 Jan 21, 2013
-Topicks Puppet Show- wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>
I don't need this stuff, and I don't need you. I don't need anything except this.
[picks up an ashtray]
And that's it and that's the only thing I need, is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this. The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. And this. And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair.
[walking outside]
And I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[dog growls]
I don't need my dog.
haha!!I SWEAR!! all I need is my chapstick..
no remote, I can live without tv...
but on further thot, I might need my ginsu knives, and my vidalia chop wizard, that things a dandy! no more tears!!
:)

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#55 Jan 21, 2013
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
At the risk of being phony and irritating the irritable ones....
I totally agree. Most of us spend money we don't have for things we don't need - to impress people we don't like.
I'm trying not to participate in this, very hard as we have kind of been programmed to think we need 'more'.
. Ya know YOU have wayyy tooooo much CLUTTER.. When ya drag all the contents of each room out on the lawn for the Rug Steam Cleaner DUDE to do his job thoroughly.. That's WHEN ya slap a Garage Sale sign up and shop for the basics... BELIEVE Me..cleaning is easier WITHOUT all the EXTRA ACCESSORIES.. moooore Time to sunbathe outdoors, drinking a Margarita and checking out the neighbor's new gardener.. EYE CANDY,,WHEW!!

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#56 Jan 21, 2013
I started a poem about purple and orange
But soon found it was no use.
Purple is my favorite color
and orange is now a juice.
Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#57 Jan 21, 2013
My thot for the day..

It is said, when you love someone set them free..... Why do we want to do that? I like them locked in their cage,, only for my enjoyment...

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#58 Jan 21, 2013
reebie wrote:
My thot for the day..
It is said, when you love someone set them free..... Why do we want to do that? I like them locked in their cage,, only for my enjoyment...
Because..by setting them Free.. if it is True Love.. they will return like a homing pigeon... Top Mod.. here..we have a Sickie here.. AND no amount of onions and garlic is gonna cure this one Fer sure..

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#59 Jan 22, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text> Because..by setting them Free.. if it is True Love.. they will return like a homing pigeon... Top Mod.. here..we have a Sickie here.. AND no amount of onions and garlic is gonna cure this one Fer sure..
heres my thought for the day, if you make a New Years resolution, you should stick with it.

Princess Hey..I am leaving Topix..THIS is my LAST POST.
SERIOUSLY..FREAKIN' WEIRDO Top Mods..refraining ME..ROCK ON!!..
Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#60 Jan 22, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text> Because..by setting them Free.. if it is True Love.. they will return like a homing pigeon... Top Mod.. here..we have a Sickie here.. AND no amount of onions and garlic is gonna cure this one Fer sure..
hmm, very interesting.. and perhaps true..

Seems you are talking to the Top Mods a lot lately... best to fight your fight on your own turf and terms.. even if jesting..why confuse others who arent in your battle?

My thot for the day:

Somethings really make ya go WTF?
I get confused easily..

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#61 Jan 22, 2013
liam cul8r wrote:
<quoted text>heres my thought for the day, if you make a New Years resolution, you should stick with it.
Princess Hey..I am leaving Topix..THIS is my LAST POST.
SERIOUSLY..FREAKIN' WEIRDO Top Mods..refraining ME..ROCK ON!!..
ah, I remembered, too....oh well.
drive safe, Liam

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
* Things You Don't Want To See * 48 min Fish_sticks 152
WHo ARe YOu THinking ABout RIght NOw (Jul '13) 1 hr Misanthropic Eric 1,361
TALLY HO: Liar, Fraud, Stalker, Coward 1 hr 8541 MARINE 7
Why did Ozzie say..."Winter is Coming"? (Oct '11) 1 hr Ciao Ciao Bella 21
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 1 hr Parden Pard 39,791
How's your weather today? (Mar '12) 1 hr The Atomic Kid 6,777
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr The Atomic Kid 151,636
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 hr wichita-rick 230,785