The Strange Habits Of The Constantly ...

The Strange Habits Of The Constantly Connected Generation [AUDIO]

There are 68 comments on the WKXW-FM Trenton story from Mar 11, 2013, titled The Strange Habits Of The Constantly Connected Generation [AUDIO]. In it, WKXW-FM Trenton reports that:

Cell phones are a bigger part of life than ever before, so much so that the need to stay connected is changing the way we act with our mobile device.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKXW-FM Trenton.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#42 Mar 12, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
There's that illiteracy I spoke of.
<quoted text>
Really? That's all you got?

2,000 Dick and Jane books does not a scholar make, twit.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Level 1

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#43 Mar 12, 2013
How am I "waisting" [sic] your time? Don't read my posts if you don't like them. I was raised "good" [sic] enough to know the difference between "good" and "well", at least.
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said it did - project much?
But - not having and raising children doesn't make you an expert either, twit. LMFGDAO...you obviously weren't raised that good, considering you're waisting everyone's time on this forum.
You're too easy.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#44 Mar 12, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
How am I "waisting" [sic] your time? Don't read my posts if you don't like them. I was raised "good" [sic] enough to know the difference between "good" and "well", at least.
<quoted text>
Here's a KleeNex, stop your sniveling.

Just because you were raised by a single, crackhead mother doesn't make "well" all that "good."

“Reality is better than truth.”

Level 1

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#45 Mar 12, 2013
Still "waisting" [sic] your time replying to my posts?

I realize that "Dick and Jane" was the last book you read, but there are others.
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? That's all you got?
2,000 Dick and Jane books does not a scholar make, twit.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#46 Mar 12, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Which means that, if the reactor is going to blow, they aren't calling YOU.
<quoted text>
Which means that if there is a problem with an installation, re-commision or certification of a reactor sub-system or hydro or turbine or generator or Allterex unit, they call me.

For someone who "claims" to own "2,000 books," you certainly don't read very well, do you?

“Here & Now”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

‘

#47 Mar 12, 2013
__- Really-__ wrote:
I have NEVER, nor will I EVER own a cell phone. There is no one I need to talk to in the entire world that I have to have a phone in my hand 24/7. In the event of emergencies, no need to worry, all you sheep have phones and will make the call. We have now bred a society that cannot interact in face to face conversation, cannot sit and eat a meal without texting, cannot function without tweeting to the world they are having a great bowel movement. I think it's sad.
Well,
I think everything is abused when it's new,
but, I feel we must embrace technology and move
with the times;

there have been numerous great
inventions in our time (as we all know) it is up to each one
of us to learn how to appreciate them..
and how properly to deal with same..


The mobile phone is one of these amazing inventions,
and because, it is common place now, we too easily forgot
it's magic and the it's benefits.
Granted, the younger among us have to learn
how to use this form of communication more wisely..

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#48 Mar 12, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,
I think everything is abused when it's new,
but, I feel we must embrace technology and move
with the times;
there have been numerous great
inventions in our time (as we all know) it is up to each one
of us to learn how to appreciate them..
and how properly to deal with same..
The mobile phone is one of these amazing inventions,
and because, it is common place now, we too easily forgot
it's magic and the it's benefits.
Granted, the younger among us have to learn
how to use this form of communication more wisely..
it isn't just the young ... all ages that think is is an earring .... no matter where they are

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#49 Mar 12, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,
I think everything is abused when it's new,
but, I feel we must embrace technology and move
with the times;
there have been numerous great
inventions in our time (as we all know) it is up to each one
of us to learn how to appreciate them..
and how properly to deal with same..
The mobile phone is one of these amazing inventions,
and because, it is common place now, we too easily forgot
it's magic and the it's benefits.
Granted, the younger among us have to learn
how to use this form of communication more wisely..
footnote the cell/phone is something I helped work on in the Nam era with the CIA.... remember the brickit had a military style to it at 1st

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#50 Mar 13, 2013
Mothers always want to be connected to their kids - always. This "mothering" helped to spawn the cell phone in grade school.

The million $ question is, how young is too young for a kid to have a cell phone? I've heard of 8-year olds having them, which in my opinion is just plain crazy. Of course, back in the 50's, 60's and 70's it was a different world out there than it is now.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Level 1

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#51 Mar 13, 2013
When do kids learn independendence when mommy's calling them all the time to assuage her own insecurity?
milwaukee69 wrote:
Mothers always want to be connected to their kids - always. This "mothering" helped to spawn the cell phone in grade school.
The million $ question is, how young is too young for a kid to have a cell phone? I've heard of 8-year olds having them, which in my opinion is just plain crazy. Of course, back in the 50's, 60's and 70's it was a different world out there than it is now.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#52 Mar 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
When do kids learn independendence when mommy's calling them all the time to assuage her own insecurity?
<quoted text>
If you had any kids you'd know that your question is in error. Schools do not let kids receive calls during class.

Still not reading or is it a comprehension problem?

Try some readers first:

http://www.walgreens.com/q/reading-glasses

“Reality is better than truth.”

Level 1

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#53 Mar 13, 2013
You wrote: "Mothers always want to be connected to their kids - always. This "mothering" helped to spawn the cell phone in grade school." Nor did I say they got calls during class.
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had any kids you'd know that your question is in error. Schools do not let kids receive calls during class.
Still not reading or is it a comprehension problem?
Try some readers first:
http://www.walgreens.com/q/reading-glasses

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#54 Mar 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Nor did I say they got calls during class.
<quoted text>
"When do kids learn independendence when mommy's calling them all the time to assuage her own insecurity?"

So "all the time" isn't "all the time?"

Your like chasing a herd of cats.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Level 1

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#55 Mar 13, 2013
If the kids don't get calls in class like you say, then how did mommies cause the "cellphone in grade school" paradigm YOU advanced?

By "all the time", I was referring to whenever it pops into mommy's head to interrupt the kid's day for her attention fix.
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
"When do kids learn independendence when mommy's calling them all the time to assuage her own insecurity?"
So "all the time" isn't "all the time?"
Your like chasing a herd of cats.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#56 Mar 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
If the kids don't get calls in class like you say, then how did mommies cause the "cellphone in grade school" paradigm YOU advanced?
By "all the time", I was referring to whenever it pops into mommy's head to interrupt the kid's day for her attention fix.
<quoted text>
You dance pretty darn good for a Yankee.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Level 1

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#57 Mar 13, 2013
And you communicate as well as can be expected for a reb.
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
You dance pretty darn good for a Yankee.

“Southern Pride”

Level 7

Since: Feb 11

American right to fly it

#58 Mar 13, 2013
LOL at you two!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#59 Mar 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
And you communicate as well as can be expected for a reb.
<quoted text>
I was correct - you really can't read - last time I checked Milwaukee was in Wisconsin, not Alabama.

I guess none of those "2,000" books of your's are geography books, huh?

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#60 Mar 13, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was correct - you really can't read - last time I checked Milwaukee was in Wisconsin, not Alabama.
I guess none of those "2,000" books of your's are geography books, huh?
ahem the last time I read Wisconsin was south of Canada

heh for me ,

“Reality is better than truth.”

Level 1

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#61 Mar 13, 2013
Last I checked, northerners didn't call each other yank. Nor do I care where you might live now; you've also blocked your location.
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was correct - you really can't read - last time I checked Milwaukee was in Wisconsin, not Alabama.
I guess none of those "2,000" books of your's are geography books, huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alphabetical ways to die (Jul '11) 3 min wichita-rick 10,902
News Good boy! Dogs know what you're saying, study s... 4 min Suezanne 13
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 7 min Spotted Girl 33,370
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 9 min Old Sam 59,893
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min DMan 197,841
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 14 min Old Sam 16,407
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 15 min ImFree2Choose 44,702
2words into 2new words (May '12) 15 min Old Sam 3,928
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 20 min Deer Whisperer 60,011
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 5 hr Northbound 8,868
More from around the web