Ohio bank repossess wrong house; owner wants $18K

Jul 26, 2013 Full story: WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg 24

An Ohio bank says a bad GPS navigator is the reason it repossessed the wrong house - and threw out all the possessions inside.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wake up

United States

#22 Jul 29, 2013
It's clear the bank made a mistake. That's a known fact. It's also a known fact that they've tried to pay her back ACCORDINGLY. Everyone should really read the banks statement. There are two sides to every story. Obviously.
CriminalNegligen ceCoverUp

Bryn Mawr, PA

#24 Aug 30, 2013
wake up wrote:
It's clear the bank made a mistake. That's a known fact. It's also a known fact that they've tried to pay her back ACCORDINGLY. Everyone should really read the banks statement. There are two sides to every story. Obviously.
There are certain 'mistakes' you don't fool around with correcting. If you think there is fraud you contact the police. But for the bank to play Dick Tracy is ridiculous. The bank is not the police. If nothing else a business would want this story and women to go away.

18K is cheap wether the house was abandoned or not. Just the criminal trespass and illegal search and seizure are worth 18K. This was an egregious violation of personal space. These so called mistake foreclosures and seizures are a violation of a due process and violating federal mortgage laws and guidelines which have been modified a lot over the last several years. Just consider it a pain and suffering settlement.

And by the way abandoned houses are a problem but there are also simply absentee homeowners. It's still their house and things. My neighbor is gone 1/2 time, frequently a month or so at a time. There are many things about his house and on his property that drive the neighborhood crazy. BUT he is not in foreclosure. As much as his attitude towards the house drives the neighborhood crazy it's still his house. It's not my job to tell an insurance company or anyone else they shouldn't approve a claim because I don't like the way he treats the house.

Also note.

Also First National Bank is a subsidiary of Midwest Bancshares stock symbol mdwe.

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/MDWE:US/profil...

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/st...

I'm not buying their stock. First National Bank is a subsidiary. Mr Thorne should be telling the owners we need to make this go away. The actual owners Midwest might be the hold up here.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#25 Aug 30, 2013
Being in the Real Estate business and being from Ohio.

Why does this NOT surprise me????

Since: Oct 13

Miami, FL

#26 Oct 23, 2013
All these years the postman always delivered the mail to the right house?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 2 min Cyan in CA 40,261
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Tinka 116,617
last word - first (Jun '12) 6 min Cyan in CA 6,954
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 8 min Grace Nerissa 29,395
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 11 min Cyan in CA 77,392
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 27 min Cyan in CA 6,632
Ready for Hillary? 38 min Hoosier Hillbilly 4
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 58 min AmyFaith 5,594
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr Naughtyrobot 1,031
In pictures: Glamour model spends a 30k on plas... 1 hr Marley 14