Roker, De Blasio to face off on "Today"

Posted in the Weird Forum

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#1 Feb 23, 2014
Tomorrow’s forecast: Icy — and we’re not talking about the weather.

Mayor de Blasio will face off against TV “Today” show weatherman Al Roker on Monday morning, more than a week after de Blasio kept the city’s schools open during a paralyzing snow storm and Roker publicly ripped him for it.

Both the mayor’s office and NBC confirmed de Blasio’s appearance on the morning show, where the mayor is slated to team up with Roker to unveil a renovated Today Show plaza.

But in addition to cutting the ribbon, the pair will also address their clash over the open-school decision, network brass said.

“I knew this am @NYCMayorsOffice @NYCSchools would close schools. Talk about a bad prediction,” Roker tweeted at the time from Russia, where he was covering the Winter Olympics.

“It’s going to take some kid or kids getting hurt before this goofball policy gets changed,” he wrote.

Why are schools all around NYC closed? It's going to take some kid or kids getting hurt before this goofball policy gets changed—
Al Roker (@alroker) February 13, 2014

“Long range DiBlasio forecast: 1 term.”

De Blasio responded at a news conference during the Feb. 13 storm,“It’s a different thing to run a city than to give weather on TV.”

Roker then defiantly tweeted,“Mr. Mayor, I could never run NYC, but I know when it’s time to keep kids home from school.”

Roker has since apologized for forecasting the mayor’s political future.

The storm dumped more than a foot of snow on New York, leaving treacherous road conditions and very angry parents as schools remained open.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama Impersonator 10 min Hoosier Hillbilly 11
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 17 min Wolftracks 149,662
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 18 min Spirit67_ 22,558
Are "YOU" a "SUCK UP" or a Kool-Aid Drinker? 23 min Obama wants to know 1
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 46 min JM_Brazil 122,266
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 55 min Hoosier Hillbilly 26,170
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 1 hr Vector aka Victor... 6,354
True or False Game 2 hr Vector aka Victor... 639
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 4 hr Michael 46,093
Reports: Google fined $2,000 for catching woman... 5 hr wichita-rick 4

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE