Today's Sermon
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Paster

Owensboro, KY

#1 Aug 10, 2014
The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun?
One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever. The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose. The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

All things are full of labour; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us. There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

I the Preacher was king over Israel in Jerusalem. And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith. I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit. That which is crooked cannot be made straight: and that which is wanting cannot be numbered.

I communed with mine own heart, saying, Lo, I am come to great estate, and have gotten more wisdom than all they that have been before me in Jerusalem: yea, my heart had great experience of wisdom and knowledge. And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit. For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.
Paster

Owensboro, KY

#2 Aug 17, 2014
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth? I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it. He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end. I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life. And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.

I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him. That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there. I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work. I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again. Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth? Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?
WILDFLOWER

United States

#3 Aug 17, 2014
In the beginning in an ancient desert encampment, illiterate tribal elders created the Bogeyman. The Bogeyman was in the sandstorm, the earthquake, the tempest, the thunderclap, the volcano, the flood, the failed harvest, the plague of insects and the very blackness of night. The Bogeyman was in the rabid dog, the palsied limb, the tormented mind, the thief, the murderer, the naughty child, the harlot, the mentruating woman. The Bogeyman was employed to spread fear and awe amongst the less powerful men of the community and to procure the subservience of the women and children. Bizarre and foolish stories of the Bogeyman's greatness and power were handed down. The Bogeyman was angry, vengeful, jealous and demanded that all other sky spirits and idols be destroyed,-or so the elders proclaimed. And so it came to pass. The terrifying deity 'Yahweh was conceived and the greatest and most devastating catastrophe ever to befall humankind was thenceforth loosed among us.~GOD HAD ARRIVED
Paster

Owensboro, KY

#5 Aug 18, 2014
All who see me mock me;
they hurl insults, shaking their heads.
8 ďHe trusts in the Lord,Ē they say,
ďlet the Lord rescue him.
Let him deliver him,
since he delights in him.Ē
9 Yet you brought me out of the womb;
you made me trust in you, even at my motherís breast.
10 From birth I was cast on you;
from my motherís womb you have been my God.
11 Do not be far from me,
for trouble is near
and there is no one to help.
12 Many bulls surround me;
strong bulls of Bashan encircle me.
13 Roaring lions that tear their prey
open their mouths wide against me.
14 I am poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart has turned to wax;
it has melted within me.
15 My mouth[d] is dried up like a potsherd,
and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;
you lay me in the dust of death.
16 Dogs surround me,
a pack of villains encircles me;
they pierce[e] my hands and my feet.
17 All my bones are on display;
people stare and gloat over me.
18 They divide my clothes among them
and cast lots for my garment.
19 But you, Lord, do not be far from me.
You are my strength; come quickly to help me.
20 Deliver me from the sword,
my precious life from the power of the dogs.
Paster

Owensboro, KY

#6 Dec 14, 2014
1 The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel:
2 for gaining wisdom and instruction;
for understanding words of insight;
3 for receiving instruction in prudent behavior,
doing what is right and just and fair;
4 for giving prudence to those who are simple,
knowledge and discretion to the young
5 let the wise listen and add to their learning,
and let the discerning get guidance
6 for understanding proverbs and parables,
the sayings and riddles of the wise.
7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Listen, my son, to your fatherís instruction
and do not forsake your motherís teaching.
9 They are a garland to grace your head
and a chain to adorn your neck.
10 My son, if sinful men entice you,
do not give in to them.
11 If they say,ďCome along with us;
letís lie in wait for innocent blood,
letís ambush some harmless soul;
12 letís swallow them alive, like the grave,
and whole, like those who go down to the pit;
13 we will get all sorts of valuable things
and fill our houses with plunder;
14 cast lots with us;
we will all share the lootĒó
15 my son, do not go along with them,
do not set foot on their paths;
16 for their feet rush into evil,
they are swift to shed blood.
17 How useless to spread a net
where every bird can see it!
18 These men lie in wait for their own blood;
they ambush only themselves!
19 Such are the paths of all who go after ill-gotten gain;
it takes away the life of those who get it.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#7 Dec 14, 2014
Let us pray:

Hail meatsauce, full of beef. The Spaghetti Monster is with you. Blessed are you among sauces, and blessed is the spice from your shaker. Heated meatsauce, monster of taste, pray for us non-pirates now and at the hour of our hunger.

RAmen

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#8 Dec 14, 2014
Paster

Owensboro, KY

#9 Dec 14, 2014
Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men,
from men whose words are perverse,
13 who have left the straight paths
to walk in dark ways,
14 who delight in doing wrong
and rejoice in the perverseness of evil,
15 whose paths are crooked
and who are devious in their ways.
16 Wisdom will save you also from the adulterous woman,
from the wayward woman with her seductive words,
17 who has left the partner of her youth
and ignored the covenant she made before God.
18 Surely her house leads down to death
and her paths to the spirits of the dead.
19 None who go to her return
or attain the paths of life.
20 Thus you will walk in the ways of the good
and keep to the paths of the righteous.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#10 Dec 14, 2014
Our Pasta, who ‚ÄúArghh‚ÄĚ in heaven, Swallowed be thy shame. Thy Midgit come. Thy Sauce be yum, On top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread. And give us our cutlasses, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss. And lead us into temptation, But deliver us some Pizza. For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever.

RAmen.
Paster

Owensboro, KY

#11 Dec 14, 2014
3 Do not eat any detestable thing. 4 These are the animals you may eat: the ox, the sheep, the goat, 5 the deer, the gazelle, the roe deer, the wild goat, the ibex, the antelope and the mountain sheep.[a] 6 You may eat any animal that has a divided hoof and that chews the cud. 7 However, of those that chew the cud or that have a divided hoof you may not eat the camel, the rabbit or the hyrax. Although they chew the cud, they do not have a divided hoof; they are ceremonially unclean for you.8 The pig is also unclean; although it has a divided hoof, it does not chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their carcasses.9 Of all the creatures living in the water, you may eat any that has fins and scales. 10 But anything that does not have fins and scales you may not eat; for you it is unclean.11 You may eat any clean bird. 12 But these you may not eat: the eagle, the vulture, the black vulture, 13 the red kite, the black kite, any kind of falcon, 14 any kind of raven, 15 the horned owl, the screech owl, the gull, any kind of hawk, 16 the little owl, the great owl, the white owl, 17 the desert owl, the osprey, the cormorant, 18 the stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe and the bat.19 All flying insects are unclean to you; do not eat them. 20 But any winged creature that is clean you may eat.21 Do not eat anything you find already dead. You may give it to the foreigner residing in any of your towns, and they may eat it, or you may sell it to any other foreigner. But you are a people holy to the Lord your God.

Do not cook a young goat in its motherís milk.

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#12 Dec 14, 2014
I believe Thou art the Creator of Goodness and Nourishment, and of Sustenance. I thank the Pasta, and the Sauce, and the Meatballs, for they provide me all my needs.

I thank Thee for the Many Beverages that Thou provides, for they engender true fellowship, and I will quaff them heartily, be they Beer, or Wine, or Sweet Iced Tea (in the South), or even Milk or Kool-Aid, for it is not good to withhold fluids, and I need to take care of my Body, as Beneficiary of Thine Holy Goodness.

I thank Thee for the giving of healthful Green Salad, the Yummy Garlic Bread, and the Blessed Cheese for the top of my Spaghetti, and also I am most thankful that If I eat All my Dinner, a Dessert of Extreme Chocolateness will surely follow, preferably Dark Chocolate, for it is Good.

I believe that Thou are neither Male, nor Female, but are instead beyond the reaches of the gender confusion of Man and Woman Kind, yea, thou are ageless, timeless and all-encompassing.

I most humbly thank Thee, oh Noodly Appendaged One, for Touching me with the mental capacity to adapt the mythologies of This Universe to aid and comfort me here, until that day I am able to join together with my Pastafarian Brothers and Sisters at the foot of the Beer Volcano, and enumerate my specifications at the Stripper Factory, so that happiness and contentedness and good cheer be present for all, forever and forever,

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#13 Dec 14, 2014
RAmen!
Paster

Owensboro, KY

#14 Dec 14, 2014
6 Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, and to fear him.

7 For the Lord thy God bringeth thee into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and depths that spring out of valleys and hills;

8 A land of wheat, and barley, and vines, and fig trees, and pomegranates; a land of oil olive, and honey;

9 A land wherein thou shalt eat bread without scarceness, thou shalt not lack any thing in it; a land whose stones are iron, and out of whose hills thou mayest dig brass.

10 When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt bless the Lord thy God

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#16 Dec 14, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
Let us pray:
Hail meatsauce, full of beef. The Spaghetti Monster is with you. Blessed are you among sauces, and blessed is the spice from your shaker. Heated meatsauce, monster of taste, pray for us non-pirates now and at the hour of our hunger.
RAmen
Praise be to Garlic!!!!
A Noted Ferrerman

Vandalia, OH

#17 Dec 14, 2014
Oh, Hell, I thought the title was "Today's Seamen". RATS!
Paster

Owensboro, KY

#18 Dec 14, 2014
My son, pay attention to my wisdom,
turn your ear to my words of insight,
2 that you may maintain discretion
and your lips may preserve knowledge.
3 For the lips of the adulterous woman drip honey,
and her speech is smoother than oil;
4 but in the end she is bitter as gall,
sharp as a double-edged sword.
5 Her feet go down to death;
her steps lead straight to the grave.
6 She gives no thought to the way of life;
her paths wander aimlessly, but she does not know it.
7 Now then, my sons, listen to me;
do not turn aside from what I say.
8 Keep to a path far from her,
do not go near the door of her house,
9 lest you lose your honor to others
and your dignity to one who is cruel,
10 lest strangers feast on your wealth
and your toil enrich the house of another.
Emerald

Allentown, PA

#19 Dec 14, 2014
"21 Do not eat anything you find already dead. You may give it to the foreigner residing in any of your towns, and they may eat it, or you may sell it to any other foreigner. But you are a people holy to the Lord your God."

Very interesting and controversial thread. I am a bit confused though with the above commandment though. It seems a contradiction when God commands that anything found dead should not be eaten, yet it's ok to pass it along or sell it to a foreigner? I wouldn't think of giving someone something to eat that I wouldn't eat. Of course, maybe I misconstrued the meaning of that passage and it was not related to the meat being bad or rotten, but that God's chosen were instructed for religious and ceremonious reasons. Sorry, but I haven read the Bible for a long time or even remember all of my Catechism lessons.
Paster

Owensboro, KY

#20 Dec 14, 2014
Emerald wrote:
"21 Sorry, but I haven read the Bible for a long time or even remember all of my Catechism lessons.
Just thought I would quote some scripture since it's Sunday.

You did notice my name is Paster and not Pastor?
Emerald

Allentown, PA

#21 Dec 14, 2014
Paster wrote:
<quoted text>
Just thought I would quote some scripture since it's Sunday.
You did notice my name is Paster and not Pastor?
I thought it was just a typo, lol. Anyway, you wouldn't be the first person to quote scripture that was not an ordained minister.
Paster

Owensboro, KY

#22 Jan 4, 2015
Try one more sermon. Hope I don't offend anybody

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 min F_R_E_D 31,034
what's your favorite animal? (May '10) 7 min -Scare__ Crow- 369
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min xxxooxxx 225,396
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 20 min razz58 11,363
The last word in the sentence must rhyme with t... (Aug '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,004
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. (Oct '16) 1 hr andet1987 4,004
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 1 hr andet1987 14,271
Anonymous - Message to Hillary Clinton 2 hr Sublime1 48
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 2 hr -Sprocket- 150,660
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 11 hr quilterqueen 6,570
More from around the web