House/Yard Work

Shopping/Sunday Drive

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
lazy atheist

Reynoldsburg, OH

#1 May 6, 2012
5am coffee with the cats, the newspaper and the internet. Two hours of peace and quiet to wake up, scratch what itches and prepare for the day ahead.
lazy atheist

Reynoldsburg, OH

#3 May 6, 2012
Ami in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
How many caffeinated cats did you spend Sunday AM with?
The 2 cats are caffeine free.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#5 May 6, 2012
Variety is the spice of life.

Alan Watts- Nothingness

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#6 May 6, 2012
hmmm just depends on what sunday, could be any one of those, well except the church thing..

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#7 May 6, 2012
All quiet in the neighborhood...classic rock playing...critters all being lazy...WAITING for THE noon meal to be placed on the table...AND they take their places UNDER the table...hoping for a dropping or two...LIFE IS GOOD...ENJOY YOUR DAY AS YOU PLEASE...

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#8 May 6, 2012
More Alan Watts-

&fe ature=related

“What?”

Level 2

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#10 May 6, 2012
Hoping this is NOT an atheist thread. Spent the day in church--in choir, came home, got dressed for work, work. Except for Topix, boring life.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#11 May 7, 2012
Ya know WHAT i really LIKE about having Sunday's off??? I can actually READ the Sunday paper on Sunday...NOT reading it on Wednesday...

“What?”

Level 2

Location hidden

#12 May 8, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
Ya know WHAT i really LIKE about having Sunday's off??? I can actually READ the Sunday paper on Sunday...NOT reading it on Wednesday...
yes!!! I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN THERE.! I stopped taking the weekly paper...if I buy it anymore, it's only on Sundays.
lazy atheist

Reynoldsburg, OH

#13 May 8, 2012
Sad but Wiser wrote:
Hoping this is NOT an atheist thread. Spent the day in church--in choir, came home, got dressed for work, work. Except for Topix, boring life.
Glad to see this didn't turn into a churcher's thread with all that "holier than thou" proclaiming.
Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#14 May 20, 2012
Parisienne Walkways ~ Gary Moore

“What?”

Level 2

Location hidden

#15 May 20, 2012
Ami in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>How many caffeinated cats did you spend Sunday AM with?
LOL!!!

Level 1

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#17 May 20, 2012
It could be any of those or all, depending.

The best would be a locked door until one of us had regained the strength to unlock it.....

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#18 May 20, 2012
Oh Noooo. Cover Me With Kisses..Open that back door to the garden...AND let the sunshine in...admiring your flowers unfolding their petals to welcome the day...the scent of the morning dew awakens your spirit...Ahhhhh..Sunday Morning..Whoooo wants to read the funnies to me???

Level 1

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#19 May 20, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
Oh Noooo. Cover Me With Kisses..Open that back door to the garden...AND let the sunshine in...admiring your flowers unfolding their petals to welcome the day...the scent of the morning dew awakens your spirit...Ahhhhh..Sunday Morning..Whoooo wants to read the funnies to me???
Ah... I was thinkin of somethin else.:8|

You are reminding me of a poem.... Sunday Morning by Wallace Stevens.

“What?”

Level 2

Location hidden

#20 May 20, 2012
Fisherman 808 wrote:
Variety is the spice of life.

Alan Watts- Nothingness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dLrMVous0AcXX
This video clip was interesting.:)

“What?”

Level 2

Location hidden

#21 May 20, 2012
Fisherman 808 wrote:
More Alan Watts-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =66iq40acSGMXX&feature=rel ated
I had not heard of Mr. Watts before checking out this link. I have since.'marked' him----I like his 'take' on life and responsibility. TY for sharing his links...,

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#22 May 20, 2012
Sad but Wiser wrote:
<quoted text>
I had not heard of Mr. Watts before checking out this link. I have since.'marked' him----I like his 'take' on life and responsibility. TY for sharing his links...,
We are responsible for our own lives, and in so many ways, create our own reality.
Alan uses the rainbow in an analogy to explain how what we see is subjective. He goes on to point out, quite convincingly, how it is easy for us to agree that a rainbow might not really be there, but seeing a rock or table is the same.
Could one 'thing' go through the molecules of another? Probably.
Our five senses and limited intellect are only capable of observing and understanding such a tiny fraction of what is in and around us.
Listening to, and understanding Watts, helps a person be kind, humble and happy.
He talks a lot about yin-yang, how you can't know 'up' without 'down','form' without 'nothingness'- etc.. So, when I get down, I try to remind myself, it will help me be happier when I go up! To expect to be 'up' all the time is setting yourself up for sadness and disappointment. It leads to a desire for immediate gratification and greed.

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Shaft Of Light

#23 May 20, 2012
Sweetie-Pie wrote:
Parisienne Walkways ~ Gary Moore
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =qyTHJ40pasMXX
Wow!
A comment from that link-
"Gary Moore is, in my opinion, one of the most under-rated, un-appreciated and un-publicized blues guitarists of our times."
Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#24 May 20, 2012
Fisherman 808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
A comment from that link-
"Gary Moore is, in my opinion, one of the most under-rated, un-appreciated and un-publicized blues guitarists of our times."
I'm glad you liked it..I also the comment you saw. Do you like Jazz? I do, sometimes. Like this...by Chuck Loeb

&fe ature=related

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 6 min Judy 123 18,141
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Subduction Zone 142,316
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 8 min Scholar 38,508
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 8 min Judy 123 2,159
last word - first (Jun '12) 11 min Judy 123 7,363
Mr. Incredible Guilty of Assault 15 min Enzo49 12
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 19 min Judy 123 7,203
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 21 min johnny belinda 155,336
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 54 min David0407 5,808
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 2 hr -Lea- 501
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr -Lea- 28,660
More from around the web