49ers' Third-Game Pattern Worries Fans

Jan 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC Bay Area

The 49ers lost in Seattle after beating the Pats impressively the week before. How can a team as strong as the 49ers not have more than a two-game winning streak? Why have the Niners failed to win every third game they've played? And the biggest question of all: Will the third-game curse be in effect this Sunday when the 49ers travel to Atlanta to ... (more)

Comments
21 - 36 of 36 Comments Last updated Jan 30, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
The Falcons can't win the big game in Atlanta. Green Bay owns their ass in the Georgia Dome. So does New York, San Francisco and Tampa Bay among others.
When was the last time a "run and shoot" quarterback survived two full seasons in the NFL, injury-free?
why could the 9ers not beat the rams or the seahawks this season??? I'll tell you why both team have a balanced team, great offensive rushing mixed with a pass offense and great D , I'm a niner fan but I gotta give the big game to the ravens on account of our field goal status-- which cost the 9ers the rams game and one of seahawks games.

“Just a lil' humor there.....”

Since: Sep 12

OR NOT .... <[;-)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I know the dad coached at my father's alma matter, Western Michigan and he won a National Championship at Western Kentucky....They showed a photo of the family when the boys were kids, and they look just like him, when he was younger....the sister is even married to Tom Crean, the basketball coach at, Indiana......
Hi, that's very interesting. Thanks so much for sharing that with me.

So, in no time at all the BIG GAME will be on.
Feb. 3 - SuPER BOWL!!!

Wonder how San Fran will do?
Wonder how Baltimore could do?
Can't wait!!!!

Who would you like to see take it?

OR NOT .... <[;-)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

ZOMBIE COMMUNIST wrote:
<quoted text>why could the 9ers not beat the rams or the seahawks this season??? I'll tell you why both team have a balanced team, great offensive rushing mixed with a pass offense and great D , I'm a niner fan but I gotta give the big game to the ravens on account of our field goal status-- which cost the 9ers the rams game and one of seahawks games.
Hi - I just want to say something to you, but not sure what exactly.
Ahhh, Wow ! How many people in your town will you share that with.
;~)

OR NOT .... <[;-)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

SERIOUSLY -- No takers on this subject?

WOW!
HAHAHAHAAbwhhaaaa

;~)

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

PESCreate wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, that's very interesting. Thanks so much for sharing that with me.
So, in no time at all the BIG GAME will be on.
Feb. 3 - SuPER BOWL!!!
Wonder how San Fran will do?
Wonder how Baltimore could do?
Can't wait!!!!
Who would you like to see take it?
I'm good with either one, though if John and the Raven's win....it would be fun to watch how Jim sweats getting back and winning this game....one neat side issue is, who finally win's a ring....Randy Moss or Ed Reid? Jim or John?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

PESCreate wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi - I just want to say something to you, but not sure what exactly.
Ahhh, Wow ! How many people in your town will you share that with.
;~)
I got the ravens by six, the 9ers punt return,kickoff return and field goal percentage's during the season will probably show up in the superbowl.-

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat...

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Randy Moss say's he is the best wide reciever of all time.....what a jerk.....now, maybe i am pulling stronger for the Ravens.....

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Randy Moss say's he is the best wide reciever of all time.....what a jerk.....now, maybe i am pulling stronger for the Ravens.....
randy moss can pull in pass better than ANY receiver,--with the ravens secondary the way it is?? Randy might be the top receiver in the super bowl- crabtree might get shutout or have rough game?? davis and moss will probably be the "go to" guys- walker might be the surprise performer- frank gore will probably have a rough first half, I think most of the 9er scoring will come in the second half because some of the ravens D are older. I'm a 9er fan and I hope they win , but the ravens will probably win by 6.

OR NOT .... <[;-)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
BTW, Sports Illustrated had a great article about the Harbaugh family, last year.....
Whaaat? No Links?
:)

I believe I'm gonna go with the RAVENS. I keep hearing their name, the loudest. Hahaha - outside of mine of course.

*covering the bases, just in case*

;~)

OR NOT .... <[;-)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I'm good with either one, though if John and the Raven's win....it would be fun to watch how Jim sweats getting back and winning this game....one neat side issue is, who finally win's a ring....Randy Moss or Ed Reid? Jim or John?
Oooh, good questions and picks. I see one of my favorite's there.

I'm planning a big weekend of travel for that one. I've got a big bday on that day and I'm doing something different and special.:)

*hoping they have no intention of asking ....
;~)

OR NOT .... <[;-)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

ZOMBIE COMMUNIST wrote:
<quoted text>I got the ravens by six, the 9ers punt return,kickoff return and field goal percentage's during the season will probably show up in the superbowl.-
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat...
Sounds good and thanks for the link.
Hmmm, I may actually even GAMBLE on this one and I don't gamble
on much that costs me money.

Hope you enjoy the heck out of the game.

OR NOT .... <[;-)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Well, I did get caught up on this one. I've always enjoyed the showboats and we all know Randy, but I knew he wasn't on the team I'd decided one post ealier. Hahah
Enjoy the rest of your evening and the game too, if we don't get to chat again.
jeffry helms

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

PESCreate wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds good and thanks for the link.
Hmmm, I may actually even GAMBLE on this one and I don't gamble
on much that costs me money.
Hope you enjoy the heck out of the game.
another reason for my prediction?? Their is a bad flu going around on this side of the united states.
DaveMC in the Grey

Coronado, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Yo llama is so fat and stupid she tried to eat a school bus full of white kids coz she thought it was a twinkie.

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

ZOMBIE COMMUNIST wrote:
<quoted text>randy moss can pull in pass better than ANY receiver,--with the ravens secondary the way it is?? Randy might be the top receiver in the super bowl- crabtree might get shutout or have rough game?? davis and moss will probably be the "go to" guys- walker might be the surprise performer- frank gore will probably have a rough first half, I think most of the 9er scoring will come in the second half because some of the ravens D are older. I'm a 9er fan and I hope they win , but the ravens will probably win by 6.
Raven's reciever Smith is the best in the game, i think....Moss was'nt even the best on the Vikings...Chris Carter was....Good Luck with your pick....i will be pleased, if it's just a great game.....

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Raven's reciever Smith is the best in the game, i think....Moss was'nt even the best on the Vikings...Chris Carter was....Good Luck with your pick....i will be pleased, if it's just a great game.....
I saw the vids after the falcon game of the 9ers, and looks like the 9ers got the swine flu, I'm going to have to change my point spread to 24+ ravens.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••