Cost of insecticides and poisons

Cost of insecticides and poisons

Posted in the Weird Forum

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Hoosierville

#1 Sep 3, 2014
I'm convinced devils come in all shapes and sizes and forms.
Just to mention a few:
ants
bees
spiders
flys
snakes-of course
mice
:: all could be categorized as home invaders ::
Example:
My humming birds eat twice as much of the nectar in the feeder that has a crown I can spray
"Home Defense" in as they do the others, they don't like ants neither!

Level 8

Hoosierville

#2 Sep 3, 2014
It does my heart good when I'm ready to post again and I see;
See all Weird Discussions >
I know I'm in the right place!

Level 8

Hoosierville

#3 Sep 3, 2014
159 Viewers right now
You ever wonder why most of them never say nothing?
Does it make you feel a little eerie [strange and frightening] of what you should say?
Gives 'me' the willies in fact!
But they don't know who I am so get fast relief!

Level 8

Hoosierville

#4 Sep 3, 2014
It's so much fun to be "WEIRD" how have I got along this far without it???
Emerald

Allentown, PA

#5 Sep 3, 2014
Everything has its place and order in nature. Many creatures depend on each other for survival. Ants can be a real nuisance as well as mice. Fortunately, I don't live in an area that has poisonous snakes, but I have been bitten by a spider or two when I was trimming the foliage. One of the spider bites became very inflamed and red. It spread into the size of an orange across the bottom of my leg. It began to itch profusely and I noticed that I was scratching it quite a bit. Not a good thing because that's where it can become infected. Rather then use peroxide, I used some witch hazel on some gauze and used first aid tape. The itchiness is gone and the redness almost too. Next time, I'll wear long pants to do the trimming. I did try using peppermint essential oil to deter insects but I probably had it too diluted to help. Anyway, it didn't work. As for insecticide, my hub uses a non-toxic formula and it also helps with slimy snails that we have been getting every Summer on are brick path. Those things even crawl up onto the brick and siding of our house. They leave a sparkly slimy path so you know they've been there. Another insect that is gross is the centipede, the one with the really long legs. It's so creepy and they like to come out at night, usually when it's very damp, humid and/or raining. You can often find them in basements. I sprinkle a little Borateam and that helps, as sealing any openings around windows and doors will help prevent their entry.

As for bees, I haven't seen a honeybee in years. I had a hornet's nest in my yard recently and I see bumble bees and yellow jackets and occasionally a wasp, but no honeybees. We need the honeybees! I never see mice around since we had a new garage built. Also, we have quite a few stray cats in our vicinity, which is why I no longer see any rabbits either. Plenty of sparrows, doves and pigeons though, which is the result of 10 years of living behind the bird man of Alcatraz. He has about 15 bird feeders in his dead tree. All his other trees - Yews, are overgrown and look like they're about to topple. Since we have so many birds, I have been seeing hawks swoop down and take them. One hawk was so huge, I wasn't quite sure what it was at first. It grabbed a large crow and devoured it in about a minute. It ate the entire thing, beak, claws - everything. Amazing. I often wish I lived out in the country somewhere. Love seeing nature and I'm not at all bored with just watching a tree sway in the breeze. I occasionally see a few hummingbirds and finches. We mostly have sparrows, crows, doves, pigeons, blue jays and my favorite - cardinals. Have to get me a hummingbird feeder next year!

Level 8

Hoosierville

#6 Sep 4, 2014
Enjoyed reading your post Emerald. I love nature from watching ants gather food to watching the fish swim back and forth to get my attention so I'll feed them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, ren... 4 min Dr Fact 5
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Weuff 191,090
News Cyclist says she and friend injured when jumped... 10 min Abbie Riginee 4
Any thoughts on the gorilla Harambe? 13 min Jim Panzee 9
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min Chimney1 197,599
News Porcupine sculpture stolen from Maine airport i... 16 min Al Birta 6
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 36 min Hoosier Hillbilly 34,944
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Grace Nerissa 56,112
Poll Adrian Devine is the king of Topix ! (Jun '11) 1 hr stacked and proud 168
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 hr stacked and proud 32,194
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 3 hr fugly and scum 7,094
More from around the web