Gunmen open fire on New Orleans Mother's Day parade, multiple injuries reported

May 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KRMG-AM Tulsa

Ward of the city. There have been varying reports of injuries with as few as 12 and as many as 19 beinng reported.

Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated May 13, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dr Che Stinko

Hampton, VA

#1 May 12, 2013
Entire city shut down?

“More Brains Than .....”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

..a Zombie Thanksgiving

#2 May 12, 2013
This doesn't belong in the Offbeat section.

I think Topix is going to need a "psycho killer of the day" category.
Rip tide

Rochester, NY

#3 May 13, 2013
What a couple of sickos. Did you see the way he flailed his left arm and his idiot "gangsta" posture while he shot into an unarmed crowd of mostly women? These guys 100% not NRA members, not law abiding citizens, 99% chance of previous record, 100% chance of already being prohibited from owning a firearm and no permit, 100% chance the firearms were obtained illegally. Too bad a legally armed citizen was not there to return fire and take them out. And where were the police? How long was the response time? We should be upset that unarmed victim zones are being created, and we can not even enjoy a Mother's Day parade or other events because of violent criminals being let back on the streets.

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Since: Jun 12

Lexington Park, MD

#4 May 13, 2013
5th ward. Isn't that your old stomping ground, Slack?

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#5 May 13, 2013
Rip tide wrote:
Too bad a legally armed citizen was not there to return fire and take them out.
We should be upset that unarmed victim zones are being created, and we can not even enjoy events because of violent criminals being let back on the streets.
Right on Rip!
With the number of people we have in this country now ( including illegals, criminals turned loose, and the "%" of idiots gaining in proportion to the population ) we should all get a permit to carry after a through background check.
*=* Caught with a gun and no permit-the rest of "US" shoot you!*=*
J U S T I C E !!!!
NO QUESTIONS ASKED

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#6 May 13, 2013
A gun permit didn't seem to help these folks.

http://www.wthr.com/story/22227023/police-fou...

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#7 May 13, 2013
Last comment in article:
"Police in New Orleans promise to make arrests quickly in the case."
Sounds like something Obama would say and then be repeated a dozen times by Carney.

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Since: Jun 12

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 May 13, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
Did I miss something in that link M? I didn't see where it said any of them had gun permits.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#9 May 13, 2013
65007noogard wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I miss something in that link M? I didn't see where it said any of them had gun permits.
My point exactly.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10 May 13, 2013
Some of this neverending supply, of killer thugs.....need to just start disappearing from the earth.....anyone have a backhoe and a big field?.....
Rip tide

Rochester, NY

#11 May 13, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
Drug related, just a hunch. No where did the article state that anyone involved had a pistol permit or firearm to defend themselves, so what is your point? Or is just your head pointy?

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#12 May 13, 2013
That happened just outside my back door M69.
I won't say anything in the 'local' forum but
'i'll bet-cha it was -drug-(money) related.

Go Blue Forever - that's what 'i'd do with'm but 'i' ain't gona plant'm in 'my' back yard,
there's corn fields behind me that ain't planted yet. Like you shoot a thief-'i'm sure he told everyone what he was up to-so nobody's gona come look'n for'hm, right? And some have the audacity to say 'i'm not a 'redneck'!

Rip tide, careful, you'll hurt his feelings; besides that's a "Dunce Cap" not his head.

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#13 May 13, 2013
Why was she still in the bedroom?
more than one gunman?
or did she run away while the 'gunman' shot the other 3?
Annie didn't have time to get her gun(!)?
i'd make a damn good detective if 'i' do say so myself...
'i' would not leave any question unanswered!
And 'i'd be just like the others and not tell the media a damn thing! What'a they need to know fur anyhow?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#14 May 13, 2013
Rip tide wrote:
<quoted text>Drug related, just a hunch. No where did the article state that anyone involved had a pistol permit or firearm to defend themselves, so what is your point? Or is just your head pointy?
Just a hunch, huh?

A motive remains unclear, but some neighbors suspect drugs may have been involved. Those rumors add to the mystery of this small neighborhood, where residents proudly speak of how close they are but also quietly mention rumors of strange incidents occurring.

"This neighborhood's always had a little bit of that," said Jane Rayburn, 59, who's lived there for about 12 years.

She owns a gun and said she typically feels safe. But in the past week, she saw something that frightened her something that made her very "uncomfortable," she said, and caused her to go inside and lock the doors.

She would not elaborate.

Other neighbors reported smelling strange scents and seeing random cars occasionally drive through the streets.

Stevie Furkin, the half brother of victim Shawn Burton, lives next-door to where the homicide occurred and suspects that drugs played a role.

Furkin, 55, claims he had smelled anhydrousammonia coming from next door in the past. It's one of the main ingredients used to make methamphetamine. Furkin said his half brother had struggled with addiction to the illegal stimulant and was known as "the little cook" for cooking meth.

“Trump This!!!”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

CENLA

#15 May 13, 2013
My bf's phone gets local news (Alexandria, la) alerts & when this happened yesterday in NOLA, I'm like what the hell is going on? AT a MOTHER'S Day parade??? The world really is going to hell in a handbasket & it's not going to get better... these type of things are happening more & more & will continue no matter what laws are passed...biblical prophecy fulfilling...
Rip tide

Rochester, NY

#16 May 13, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a hunch, huh?
A motive remains unclear, but some neighbors suspect drugs may have been involved. Those rumors add to the mystery of this small neighborhood, where residents proudly speak of how close they are but also quietly mention rumors of strange incidents occurring.
"This neighborhood's always had a little bit of that," said Jane Rayburn, 59, who's lived there for about 12 years.
She owns a gun and said she typically feels safe. But in the past week, she saw something that frightened her something that made her very "uncomfortable," she said, and caused her to go inside and lock the doors.
She would not elaborate.
Other neighbors reported smelling strange scents and seeing random cars occasionally drive through the streets.
Stevie Furkin, the half brother of victim Shawn Burton, lives next-door to where the homicide occurred and suspects that drugs played a role.
Furkin, 55, claims he had smelled anhydrousammonia coming from next door in the past. It's one of the main ingredients used to make methamphetamine. Furkin said his half brother had struggled with addiction to the illegal stimulant and was known as "the little cook" for cooking meth.
So, WTF does a meth lab slaughter have to do with the Mother's Day killing spree? If you mess with meth, you can expect a criminal with less scruples may try to kill you to get your meth and money. They were all killed with an -undisclosed type of- firearm.
The gangsta thug that shot up the parade did not have a pistol permit as required by NOLA laws, I can guarantee you that. In the video you can see how he fires the pistol like an untrained idiot, waving his left arm stupidly and blindly firing into the crowd of women and kids, mainly black folks, luckily no one died.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#17 May 13, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a hunch, huh?
She would not elaborate.
Maybe they should make meth illegal.......

Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#18 May 13, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Some of this neverending supply, of killer thugs.....need to just start disappearing from the earth.....anyone have a backhoe and a big field?.....
Got both, just don't tell me and put my backhoe back when you're done please.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#19 May 13, 2013
Rip tide wrote:
<quoted text>So, WTF does a meth lab slaughter have to do with the Mother's Day killing spree? If you mess with meth, you can expect a criminal with less scruples may try to kill you to get your meth and money. They were all killed with an -undisclosed type of- firearm.
The gangsta thug that shot up the parade did not have a pistol permit as required by NOLA laws, I can guarantee you that. In the video you can see how he fires the pistol like an untrained idiot, waving his left arm stupidly and blindly firing into the crowd of women and kids, mainly black folks, luckily no one died.
"Drug related, just a hunch."

It was your statement, not mine.

Wew were talking about the 4 killed in Indiana.

Pay attention next time.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#20 May 13, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
That happened just outside my back door M69.
I won't say anything in the 'local' forum but
'i'll bet-cha it was -drug-(money) related.
ROTFLMFGDAO!!!

"Shhhhhh...better not say anything on a public forum, but I betcha' it was drugrelated."

Dumbass.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 6 min Mike Allen 1,261
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min SLY WEST 145,041
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 10 min Mike Allen 6,865
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 18 min -Lea- 220
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 21 min Subduction Zone 115,112
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 25 min Just TLC 28,469
Sacramento: Debate over plastic bag ban takes a... 27 min Corvalis 2
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr -Lea- 18,456
What's your tip for the day? 2 hr greymouser 790
Fergson Police Dept. 3 hr Digital Etiquette 307