sticky rice anyone?

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#1 Jul 21, 2013
LOVE it!

I Am Enzo - The Baker

“Vintage 1949”

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

lightly salted

#2 Jul 21, 2013
Debra27 wrote:
LOVE it!
..with chicken kabobs off the grill...teriyaki...

“The Car”

Level 4

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#3 Jul 21, 2013
You guys are making me hungry....

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#4 Jul 29, 2013
I Am Enzo - The Baker wrote:
<quoted text>
..with chicken kabobs off the grill...teriyaki...
chicken teriyaki w/sticky rice last night...it was so GOOD!!

(some nice canolis for dessert would have been sublime)

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#5 Jul 29, 2013
Looking for advice here:

What type of rice works well for different applications?

Difficulty - stove cooking, no rice cooker.

The worst I bought is a supermarket brand that just congealed into a rice tasting blob.

Goya Jasmine rice was sticky but okay.

Neither came close to rice I bought in a local Halal store where the rice came from Afghanistan.

It was the best I've ever seen but I wonder where my money ended up.

“Forehead wrinkle”

Since: Dec 10

Homefries

#6 Jul 30, 2013
We do Uncle Bens rice in a glass bowl using the microwave instructions......comes out great every time.

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#7 Jul 30, 2013
greymouser wrote:
Looking for advice here:
What type of rice works well for different applications?
Difficulty - stove cooking, no rice cooker.
The worst I bought is a supermarket brand that just congealed into a rice tasting blob.
Goya Jasmine rice was sticky but okay.
Neither came close to rice I bought in a local Halal store where the rice came from Afghanistan.
It was the best I've ever seen but I wonder where my money ended up.
I just buy long grain - anything and make in a pot on the stove. recently have been experimenting with short grain,'cause I love the sticky rice so much - Cal Rose.
(I don't have a rice cooker, limited storage and I'm cheap)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#9 Jul 30, 2013
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just buy long grain - anything and make in a pot on the stove. recently have been experimenting with short grain,'cause I love the sticky rice so much - Cal Rose.
(I don't have a rice cooker, limited storage and I'm cheap)
love me some sticky rice :)

“Forehead wrinkle”

Since: Dec 10

Homefries

#10 Jul 30, 2013
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just buy long grain - anything and make in a pot on the stove. recently have been experimenting with short grain,'cause I love the sticky rice so much - Cal Rose.
(I don't have a rice cooker, limited storage and I'm cheap)
Nah, you ain't cheap...... You're a million!!!!

;-)

Spirit67_
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#11 Nov 9, 2013
I don't like sticky rice!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lets play follow the word! (Jul '08) 6 min xxxooxxx 40,163
'Double Letter S' (Dec '12) 11 min xxxooxxx 1,976
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 17 min xxxooxxx 21,815
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 18 min Crazy Jae 6,797
The Human Evolution 18 min xxxooxxx 46
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 20 min Crazy Jae 8,085
News Charles Barkley stuns with strange answer on 'C... 20 min Parden Pard 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 hr Sen. Feinstein 231,389