first impressions
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#21 May 16, 2014
I couldn't care less if someone here doesn't like me. I try to get along but if someone doesn't like me that their problem not mine. It's certainly not going to ruin my day.
RL is way more important.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

I See A Rainbow!

#22 May 16, 2014
MagnumOpus76 wrote:
....hey. how's it going?
"First Impressions mean everything.. It should be a "GOOD" welcoming feeling.. Smiling on the Inside...

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#23 May 16, 2014
First Impressions on a JOB INTERVIEW.. Can Snag that job..or..Out the door ya go!!!

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#24 May 16, 2014
Means EVERYTHING if your relying on your nose :)
Rick

Level 8

I See A Rainbow!

#25 May 16, 2014
wichita-rick wrote:
Means EVERYTHING if your relying on your nose :)
Rick
Hi Rick! Well, Good hygiene is a must.. Depending on the situation,,, Clothing is optional..

“While My Guitar,”

Level 8

Since: Mar 09

~~ Gently Weeps ~~

#26 May 16, 2014
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text> "First Impressions mean everything.. It should be a "GOOD" welcoming feeling.. Smiling on the Inside...
So true.
But one always needs to go back to the very beginning of their initial posts.
Mine date back way before I registered...

It's easy to get caught up in the drama (and many have, myself included) or that feeling of having to choose sides of the major team players put in place by Topix themselves - clicks/cliques nothing else.
Once you learn the game players, it's quite easily to step aside and choose a much higher ground.

My only concern has ever been the posting of one's private info and some players that ever got that close to me - understand my entire essence of my placement here on Topix.

You play with fire - you take that chance of being burned.
It's that simple..

Keep smiling...

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#27 May 16, 2014
Hi,Yes & no to everybody :)
Is of course dependent on where we wanting to hang out of course:)

Memory's of step mom wiping my cow lick down, habitually tucking my shirt in while looking over my shoulder")
Polished shoe on back of pants .
Memory of DAD slapping you in the back so you HAD TO stand upright when you shook hands ,introducing yourself & looked the person DIRECTLY in the eyes:)
Memory of Boot camp & company Commander :) making sure we ALL knew how to stand upright ,not slacking, walk straight forward,not flinch,stutter,complete sentences AND not be nervous doing it,that was the best lesson .
To much "Insta response" from beige land ;) See I live for this & have most of my life now I suppose lol lol
I have real long hair ,probably carry myself more like I am from Ca. than living in Ks.:) BUT I am also REAL sober & drug free :) so the assumptions are obvious ,from BOTH sides of the fence ,they either they I am using "it" or asking me to:) or where to buy "It" lol
BUT like I had the pleasure of telling a kid today ,IF I were up to no good & living in Wichita Ks. YOU wouldn't be able to tell by my appearance.
First impressions really do mean something though ,especially when applying for jobs. Ahhhhh. Have a kid applying for her FIRST jobs also :) Rick

“While My Guitar,”

Level 8

Since: Mar 09

~~ Gently Weeps ~~

#28 May 16, 2014
In closing:

One never needed 200+ profiles, or found it necessary to post grey-box to say what needed to be said with just one account in place.

That is where most of you fell short - and will be the ultimate demise of the main Topix forum to this day.

Level 8

I See A Rainbow!

#29 May 17, 2014
I have walked with people whose eyes are full of light but who see nothing in sea or sky, nothing in city streets, nothing in books. It were far better
to sail forever in the night of blindness with sense, and feeling, and mind, than to be content with the mere act of seeing. The only lightless dark is the night of darkness in ignorance and insensibility.

by Helen Keller

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#30 May 17, 2014
nothing of the eye has taught me to see, nor the ear to hear, I've never spoken really but the first time I touched was magic

Level 8

I See A Rainbow!

#32 May 18, 2014
First im┬Ěpres┬Ěsion
noun \im-&#712;pre-sh&#601; n\

1: the effect or influence that something or someone has on a person's thoughts or feelings

2: an idea or belief that is usually not clear or certain

3: an appearance or suggestion of something

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

Since: Aug 13

middle of nowhere

#33 May 18, 2014
First Impressions can be faked. Everybody loves me on first impression; then, over time, they all figure out that I am nothing special. I am great at first impressions; taught since a was little how to wow people when I meet them.

The other great truth I was taught from little on?
Believe only half of what you see and non of what you hear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 4 min Bezeer 83,165
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 6 min Bezeer 22,154
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 7 min Bezeer 5,272
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 34 min wichita-rick 206,907
News Weird substance discovered in new A 5 notes - a... 1 hr Mila Beaujolais 33
2words into 2new words (May '12) 1 hr wichita-rick 6,759
News Museum to auction wax figures of presidents, fi... 1 hr Christsharian Col... 1
News Church fined $12,000 for helping homeless new 2 hr Knock off purse s... 40
News Trump's bizarre claim that the Clinton email co... 3 hr WasteWater 978
All Christmas Carols/Songs and Quotes.. 4 hr greymouser 43
More from around the web