“My latest victim”

Since: Jul 10

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#1 Dec 10, 2012
My mom sponsored a young man in Africa for six years. World vision said their work was done in that area and that they were moving. She would no longer get to correspond with him.

How do I find him now?

She has always been sad that she never got to say goodbye.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#2 Dec 10, 2012
NeverMissed wrote:
My mom sponsored a young man in Africa for six years. World vision said their work was done in that area and that they were moving. She would no longer get to correspond with him.
How do I find him now?
What was the last address she wrote to him at? I would contact the African Consulate. I once had to contact the Turkish consulate and obtained a lot of pertinent information.
Taffy

Arlington, TX

#3 Dec 11, 2012
NeverMissed wrote:

How do I find him now?

Also, contact World vision and ask for any contact info like schools or assistants, or a contact person in that region. I wish you the best of luck.

“My latest victim”

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#4 Dec 11, 2012
I know the city, school he went to, his name, and possibly his birthday. I have to look. He must be near 30 by now.

She one sent him $50.00 for his 16th birthday and he sent her a picture of himself with his purchase.

Not only did he pay his back rent, he also purchased goats, a new Adidas outfit, and a bible.

She also purchased things for his school, soccer balls and things to teach about agriculture/farming.

Is like to see I'd I could get them in contact. She wasn't allowed to send him much in her letters. She would send sticks of gum and stickers. She also sent him hand lotion samples for his mother, but it was all through World Vision. Even when she sent money, World Vision had to change it to currency they could use.

She sponsored him for six years. It was such a shock to her when she got the letter from World Vision that they had moved on to a different community. She feels cheated. She wanted to sponsor him throughout his schooling

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#5 Dec 11, 2012
World Vision is a legitimate charity. They have offices worldwide. That being said however, as is the case with most "Save the Children" type charities, the money sent to the charity does not go directly to the child. The money rather, after processing fees and clerical fees have been taken out, goes to the program that would best benefit your child the most. Example: Let's say your sponsered child lives in Chicago and you send him $50 for his birthday. After removing approximately $20 in fees, the remaining money would get donated to the local YMCA that your child is sponsered through.

I've always been leary of these kind of charities - opting instead to directly donate to my local Chilren's Hospital of Greater Milwaukee and their "Wish" program.

I agree with Vee - try the American Consolate.

“My latest victim”

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#6 Dec 11, 2012
I have tried contacting World Vision in the past. It a no go there.

“My latest victim”

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#7 Dec 11, 2012
Sodere: Ethiopian Social Media
I joined this network. There is a man by his name in there and also a few on Facebook.

“My latest victim”

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#8 Dec 11, 2012
milwaukee69 wrote:
World Vision is a legitimate charity. They have offices worldwide. That being said however, as is the case with most "Save the Children" type charities, the money sent to the charity does not go directly to the child. The money rather, after processing fees and clerical fees have been taken out, goes to the program that would best benefit your child the most. Example: Let's say your sponsered child lives in Chicago and you send him $50 for his birthday. After removing approximately $20 in fees, the remaining money would get donated to the local YMCA that your child is sponsered through.
I've always been leary of these kind of charities - opting instead to directly donate to my local Chilren's Hospital of Greater Milwaukee and their "Wish" program.
I agree with Vee - try the American Consolate.
Yes. The monthly donations did that, but the money for the school did exactly what she wanted. She recieved pictures and her donation was written about in there newsletters. He also received the birthday money and used it how he wanted. They sent my mom pictures from that and his letter where he thanked her and explained that they dis not see 16 as a milestone birthday in his community.

I will try the avenues proposed here. Thank you All for your help.

“My latest victim”

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#9 Dec 11, 2012
The things you learn from the Ethiopian version of topix.

http://girumpost.com/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min wichita-rick 149,056
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 16 min Cyan in CA 40,426
Ferreting Out The Ferrets 18 min Sam 4
Brewer: I Bought All the Count Chocula to Make ... 28 min Prosperity Fundie... 1
Cappuccino Potato Chips? America Says No 30 min Prosperity Fundie... 2
China's Advice to Citizens: Don't Pick a Stripp... 32 min Prosperity Fundie... 3
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 33 min Agents of Corruption 121,035
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr Crazy Beautiful 6,838
Truck containing 36,000 pounds of Crisco stolen 2 hr JV Team 44
True or False Game 3 hr -CatCiao- 410
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr ms_Sweeter 22,238

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE