Comments
12,841 - 12,860 of 12,882 Comments Last updated Jul 13, 2014

“People will think I'm crazy”

Since: Jan 07

Rome, Italy

#13219 Apr 30, 2013
Potassium Nitrate, Charcoal powder, and Sulfur powder.

Stirr frequently

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#13220 May 7, 2013
snipped chives and a cold beer.

Sue’s Green Soup

4 cups diced cucumber
2 potatoes, sliced
1 bunch of scallions, sliced
2 leeks, thoroughly cleaned and sliced
1 bunch of fresh spinach washed & chopped
3 cups chicken broth (I usually use homemade stock, vegetable will totally work too)
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 cup half and half
1/2 quart buttermilk
salt & pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter
•Heat butter in a heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium heat.
•Sauté scallions and leeks int the butter until soft.
•Add cucumbers, chicken broth, spinach, potatoes, salt, lemon, pepper and bring to boil.
•Reduce the heat, and simmer uncovered until potatoes are soft.
•Transfer to blender or food processor in batches and puree (I use my immersion blender here with great success).
•Pour into a large bowl and add buttermilk and half and half to taste. Chill. Can be eaten cold or warm.

Level 3

Location hidden

#13221 Jun 15, 2013
To all our wonderful father here at Offbeat. All the fathers I have come to know and love. May you all have a HAPPY FATHERS DAY and be treated extra special on your day.

Love to you all,
Shilo aka DollFace {{hugs}}

“Pair of Socks”

.Beats an Ace High

#13222 Jun 23, 2013
marsdust

Wichita, KS

#13223 Oct 16, 2013
....WOW it still is up and running, hey Doll-Face hope you and "J" are doing well..... I received all emails from you and thank you....I have been doing my part in keeping most of the US safe, but seems now we are going under in spite of our-selves....I have been reading differant things and I see not much has changed. I read you stepped in/on something Hmmmm thats what you get running around in the woods naked....have u heard out of Big Time? I liked his recipe...the one that says stir alot...LMAO....O well if you get on here I will chat later. O and yes it is really me...ask me a secret question.....

Although birds are probably the most famous magnetic navigators, the technique of sensing subtle variations in our planet's magnetic field is also used by creatures like bacteria and mole rats. But just how any of these critters manage to sense the Earth's magnetic field has long been a mystery. The leading hypothesis suggests that the field could affect small iron molecules in a bird's eyes, but new research suggests the real mechanisms might be much, much weirder

Rome, Italy

#13224 Oct 16, 2013
That is about the stupidest question asked,...

Kudos on Reading,

Even more for not comprehending,...

marsdust

Wichita, KS

#13225 Oct 17, 2013
...well that was an easy tree to shake...

.... I activated my background knowledge to make connections between the new and known information and by using prior knowledge about this topic I gleaned the prediction that you sir would respond.

Now that I have synthesized the information which by the way happens to be one of the most sophisticated of the comprehension strategies, I will be able to move on with my life with a new understanding on how predictable folks are…?

Hope you and yours are well…
marsdust

Wichita, KS

#13226 Oct 17, 2013
....the lack of saltpeter threw me off...

Rome, Italy

#13227 Oct 17, 2013
Really, where did we Meet,...
marsdust

Wichita, KS

#13228 Oct 22, 2013
...on here, o well just wanted to see how you were doing? The only thing changed is nothing...

Level 3

Location hidden

#13229 Nov 27, 2013
marsdust wrote:
...on here, o well just wanted to see how you were doing? The only thing changed is nothing...
Not sure you are who you say you are but I am FINE!

Level 3

Location hidden

#13230 Nov 27, 2013
To all my friends here at Offbeat have a wonderful holiday and try not to slip into a "food" coma. Love you all...Shilo

“defusing bigot mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

-- every day --

#13231 Nov 27, 2013
Shilo wrote:
To all my friends here at Offbeat have a wonderful holiday and try not to slip into a "food" coma. Love you all...Shilo
Ah Shilo! Good to 'see' ya, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING for you and yours. <3 :)

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#13232 Nov 27, 2013
Shilo, wishing you and yours the most blessed Thanksgiving holiday. I hope you are on the mend now!!!!! You are missed around here.

Level 3

Location hidden

#13233 Nov 30, 2013
Vee wrote:
Shilo, wishing you and yours the most blessed Thanksgiving holiday. I hope you are on the mend now!!!!! You are missed around here.
I am doing much better Vee, thanks. I have to admit that I do get a little scared going in the ocean now, maybe I should wear combat boots to prevent it ever happening again. LOL

Level 3

Location hidden

#13234 Nov 30, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah Shilo! Good to 'see' ya, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING for you and yours. <3 :)
Hey there, nice to hear you over here :) I'll try to stop by more often but FB had a lot of games and I love my games.

Level 3

Location hidden

#13235 Nov 30, 2013
Show Me wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vx2u5uUu3DEXX
Just in Case
Lovin' my Jersey Boys, thanks! The band is just not the same without Richie :(

Level 3

Location hidden

#13236 Nov 30, 2013
marsdust wrote:
....WOW it still is up and running, hey Doll-Face hope you and "J" are doing well..... I received all emails from you and thank you....I have been doing my part in keeping most of the US safe, but seems now we are going under in spite of our-selves....I have been reading differant things and I see not much has changed. I read you stepped in/on something Hmmmm thats what you get running around in the woods naked....have u heard out of Big Time? I liked his recipe...the one that says stir alot...LMAO....O well if you get on here I will chat later. O and yes it is really me...ask me a secret question.....
Although birds are probably the most famous magnetic navigators, the technique of sensing subtle variations in our planet's magnetic field is also used by creatures like bacteria and mole rats. But just how any of these critters manage to sense the Earth's magnetic field has long been a mystery. The leading hypothesis suggests that the field could affect small iron molecules in a bird's eyes, but new research suggests the real mechanisms might be much, much weirder
If I ask you a secret question then it won't be a secret anymore. Maybe you shouldn't be talking with me, you know how your lady hates me for being your friend. Email me sometime and we'll talk or send me a friends request on FB.

Level 3

Location hidden

#13237 Nov 30, 2013
I finished making soup stock from the turkey bones today so I made a bunch of Matza Ball soup with part of it. I must say that it took me quite awhile to get the size I liked but finally........perfection and boy do we love them. Well time to go have supper, we're having hot turkey sandwiches...mmmmmmmmm. Later friends :)
DF

Level 3

Location hidden

#13238 Nov 30, 2013
Before I head out here is some music for you, one of my favorite ladies. The first two are from her new album “Closer to the Truth” and the third one is from her movie “Burlesque”. Enjoy :)

CHER

I Hope You Find It

A Woman’s World
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

You Haven’t Seen the Last of Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

See you soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nascar.... (Feb '14) 1 min Spirit67_ 412
what are you wearing? (Mar '12) 5 min Spirit67_ 220
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 min Spirit67_ 18,606
"BEWARE of ISIS!" 7 min Grace Nerissa 9
Something Different 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 130
*=* Hoosier Hillbilly *=* 43 min Hoosier Hillbilly 42
Big dawg 54 min Big dawg 413
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr the wandering girl 145,323
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 6 hr Princess Hey 28,512
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 6 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,981
Fergson Police Dept. 8 hr Parden Pard 358
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••