First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#1 Aug 14, 2013
To all of you. This can not get any more Offbeat, if it tried.

Want to have a thread where all of you can bring outlandish articles somewhat like the one I brought here to start the thread with. Like an underground railroad of news in the odd.

Think about what is taking place with the law in this story:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

Look at the name of the man involved. Really!?

Now, check out this? Fear? Over kill? Conditioning?:

"About 100 law enforcement personnel, including the FBI, U.S. Marshal Service, a bomb squad and sheriff's deputies from four parishes, were assembled, and lights were brought in as negotiations dragged into the night. A no-fly zone with a radius of 5 miles and up to 5,000 feet was imposed above the bank."

No fly zone for up to five miles? Wow! What's up with that?

Any thoughts?

What is up with this kind of 'lock down'?

Something to listen to while pondering this:

For What Its Worth~

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#2 Aug 15, 2013
Pulling this up again. Seems important enough.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#3 Aug 15, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
To you. Do you live within 25 miles (or so) of where this happened? So many critics of the police response to the Boston Marathon bombers lived way far away. Not a lot of criticism in the greater Boston area.

FBI/U.S. Marshals -- seemingly a bank robbery w/ hostage(s), Fed response for this scenario not unheard of. Or what could they be dealing with?? again, Boston Marathon?

I'll give you: the interview I saw with the police spokesman ( it wasn't Fed.) wasn't convincing as to why they "rushed" the guy when they did instead of more talking.

I'll give you another, sort of: I have wondered why "40" (kind of) local/state LEOs respond to a single bad actor on the street. Sure, there may be need for traffic control, but ....

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#4 Aug 15, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
To you. Do you live within 25 miles (or so) of where this happened? So many critics of the police response to the Boston Marathon bombers lived way far away. Not a lot of criticism in the greater Boston area.
FBI/U.S. Marshals -- seemingly a bank robbery w/ hostage(s), Fed response for this scenario not unheard of. Or what could they be dealing with?? again, Boston Marathon?
I'll give you: the interview I saw with the police spokesman ( it wasn't Fed.) wasn't convincing as to why they "rushed" the guy when they did instead of more talking.
I'll give you another, sort of: I have wondered why "40" (kind of) local/state LEOs respond to a single bad actor on the street. Sure, there may be need for traffic control, but ....
A few years back in my neighborhood an idiot crawled through a kitchen window to rob a house. An officer showed up and somehow managed to get himself shot.
With in 20 minutes my neighborhood blew up with cop cars. They came in from both sides. Two helicopters in the air. Up to three mile radius of where I live was totally shut down by the 'law'. This went on from 3 in the afternoon until well past midnight.

Never have I seen anything like it. Was a complete warning card to me of things to come. As you have seen...Whole towns are being shut down for one human. I say ..it is conditioning. Just letting us know how vulnerable we have become. Or is that complacent.

This has compelled me to question others for same activity that isn't making the news per se. Think it wise for more to have this knowledge.
MrThang

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Aug 15, 2013
In Paragould, Arkansas a certain part of town supposedly gotten too "bad". So the mayor put the whole city on martial law. Had military figures walking around carrying machine guns stopping and checking ID's of everyone walking and stuff asking them what are they doing and different things. I believe this went on for over a month. I was all up in their social sites trying to convince everyone I could to sue for any reason they could think of and to never vote that mayor back into office to show that kind of crap will not be tolerated.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#6 Aug 15, 2013
I saw the briefest mention of this story on CNN.
I'm not sure if you watch your local news, I can't anymore. Mine are all based out of Sacramento. They have become myopic and pointless. Heck they only seem interested in Sacramento area stuff the rest of the areas forced into their market be damned. They don't cover what the state government is doing (and that is in their area) California is still a huge economic power and no one seems to care what they are up to. 15 seconds each for national and world news and they still can't weather right for the rural areas.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#7 Aug 15, 2013
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>I saw the briefest mention of this story on CNN.
I'm not sure if you watch your local news, I can't anymore. Mine are all based out of Sacramento. They have become myopic and pointless. Heck they only seem interested in Sacramento area stuff the rest of the areas forced into their market be damned. They don't cover what the state government is doing (and that is in their area) California is still a huge economic power and no one seems to care what they are up to. 15 seconds each for national and world news and they still can't weather right for the rural areas.
My daughter lived in Davis for awhile. She uses satellite dish. So don't think she ever gets local news. She is in
Middle Richmond district at the moment. Have no clue what she would get, but believe she is still using Dish.

No doubt. All this technology everyone is caught up in, and TV went back to the cave. I keep asking myself. Why am I paying for this? Is horrid.

When it comes to weather. I handle that all by myself. Am real good at it by now. Sites to use. The Weather channel. Not only can you use their map to see what weather is where...you can zoom in and see exactly where it is raining, or is going to.
http://www.weather.com/

This is my planning site. Let's me know once weather comes into the West Coast, how long I have to prepare for it. Same goes for weather off the Rockies. Not to mention the Gulf and East Coast.
http://radar.weather.gov/

To track hurricanes as well as water temps, I use this:
http://www.wunderground.com/
http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#8 Aug 15, 2013
<quoted text>
A few years back in my neighborhood an idiot crawled through a kitchen window to rob a house. An officer showed up and somehow managed to get himself shot.
With in 20 minutes my neighborhood blew up with cop cars. They came in from both sides. Two helicopters in the air. Up to three mile radius of where I live was totally shut down by the 'law'. This went on from 3 in the afternoon until well past midnight.
Never have I seen anything like it. Was a complete warning card to me of things to come. As you have seen...Whole towns are being shut down for one human. I say ..it is conditioning. Just letting us know how vulnerable we have become. Or is that complacent.
This has compelled me to question others for same activity that isn't making the news per se. Think it wise for more to have this knowledge.
Whole towns are being shut down for one human. <---leans to hyperbole.

I think it is wise to pay attention to the news too ...

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#9 Aug 15, 2013
My folk were on the road yesterday going to the Pan Handle of TX. So been keeping up on the weather along their way.

Checked their local news today, to see if was any storm damage and what time the storms came through.

Well now...lookie what I found:

Lubbock police prepare for the worst with live training drill at LCU
http://www.kcbd.com/story/23140659/lubbock-po...

"I think this provides a good awareness for the community that their law enforcement and medical first responders are active and training for things we hope never happen, but we're ready if they might happen," said Captain Neal Barron with the Lubbock Police Department.

After living through the mid to late 60's, into the 70's in Cleveland Ohio...I am immune to most of this.

What happened in *my neighborhood a few years back was just alarming, quickly done, and very serious.

I video taped most of it. While the neighborhood is going into lock down.

I still say...Something's happening here.
For damn sure. Something wicked this way comes.

*my neighborhood is near Oak Ridge, Tn. I know we are heavily guarded around here. Of course, unless you are a 70 or 80 some year old Nun. But joking aside...Thought was just us. That this neighborhood going into lock down and up to three miles radius within a half hour, if that, was local. Not the whole damn country.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#10 Aug 15, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Whole towns are being shut down for one human. <---leans to hyperbole.
I think it is wise to pay attention to the news too ...
What are you saying?

Boston was totally shut down.
From my understanding the law was entering home and looking around about them.

Excuse me. The whole town was locked down over two humans. One got shot.
Something was wrong about their 'man hunt'. Dogs should of picked up the scents better.
I really think, so many different law offices show up, and then....their are not very much on the same page. Going to take technology a bit more tweaking for something like that to run smoothly ...with the least amount of stress put on the residents for said area.

From what I've seen, I don't believe 'residents' are in the best of interest in most cases.

Once again, when my neighborhood went down. The men that came to the door to check on each house were very nice. Very focused. I had a guy from the swat team standing in my driveway. Was freakin' wicked.
Law was crawling this neighborhood. Door to door. Every car coming in was stopped and checked. Everyone was told to stay inside. Folk were asked not to leave unless they had too. All cars leaving were thoroughly checked.

By the way, this went on for a bit after the guy that shot the officer was caught. Like a few hours or more. That is the strange part of it.
Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#11 Aug 16, 2013
<quoted text>
What are you saying?
Boston was totally shut down.
From my understanding the law was entering home and looking around about them.
Excuse me. The whole town was locked down over two humans. One got shot.
Something was wrong about their 'man hunt'. Dogs should of picked up the scents better.
I really think, so many different law offices show up, and then....their are not very much on the same page. Going to take technology a bit more tweaking for something like that to run smoothly ...with the least amount of stress put on the residents for said area.
From what I've seen, I don't believe 'residents' are in the best of interest in most cases.
Once again, when my neighborhood went down. The men that came to the door to check on each house were very nice. Very focused. I had a guy from the swat team standing in my driveway. Was freakin' wicked.
Law was crawling this neighborhood. Door to door. Every car coming in was stopped and checked. Everyone was told to stay inside. Folk were asked not to leave unless they had too. All cars leaving were thoroughly checked.
By the way, this went on for a bit after the guy that shot the officer was caught. Like a few hours or more. That is the strange part of it.
Was freakin' wicked?
Was freakin' wicked... ok

Did it frighten you? Make you suspicious or entertain you?
I'm sorry I can't tell anymore. All of the above? Just asking.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#12 Aug 16, 2013
<quoted text>
My daughter lived in Davis for awhile. She uses satellite dish. So don't think she ever gets local news. She is in
Middle Richmond district at the moment. Have no clue what she would get, but believe she is still using Dish.
No doubt. All this technology everyone is caught up in, and TV went back to the cave. I keep asking myself. Why am I paying for this? Is horrid.
When it comes to weather. I handle that all by myself. Am real good at it by now. Sites to use. The Weather channel. Not only can you use their map to see what weather is where...you can zoom in and see exactly where it is raining, or is going to.
http://www.weather.com/
This is my planning site. Let's me know once weather comes into the West Coast, how long I have to prepare for it. Same goes for weather off the Rockies. Not to mention the Gulf and East Coast.
http://radar.weather.gov/
To track hurricanes as well as water temps, I use this:
http://www.wunderground.com/
http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/
I look at all of them also. They are better than the local news stations but I think my area has a slew of micro climates and it would be impossible for them to be accurate. I would simply be happy if the news said what the elevation was for the snow levels.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#13 Aug 17, 2013
EevyToxicLipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
Was freakin' wicked?
Was freakin' wicked... ok
Did it frighten you? Make you suspicious or entertain you?
I'm sorry I can't tell anymore. All of the above? Just asking.
It frightened me very much in the beginning. When I heard the gun fire I thought was hearing children setting off fireworks. So when all the cop cars came flying in by the dozens I become very concerned. When the whole neighborhood got put into lock down...I became very suspicious.
None or nothing that I have seen go down like this...has yet to entertain me.

I know..is hard to tell what a writer is experiencing via their usage of wording.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#14 Aug 17, 2013
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>I look at all of them also. They are better than the local news stations but I think my area has a slew of micro climates and it would be impossible for them to be accurate. I would simply be happy if the news said what the elevation was for the snow levels.
I hear you on that. I live in an area with ridges, each one has it's own weather. So...guess is a sit and wait on our weather.

I think for snow levels..Underground weather ...might be of help. Am not sure...because I use a different weather map for our wee mountains.
Level 4

Location hidden

#15 Aug 17, 2013
<quoted text>
It frightened me very much in the beginning. When I heard the gun fire I thought was hearing children setting off fireworks. So when all the cop cars came flying in by the dozens I become very concerned. When the whole neighborhood got put into lock down...I became very suspicious.
None or nothing that I have seen go down like this...has yet to entertain me.
I know..is hard to tell what a writer is experiencing via their usage of wording.
Thanks for clearing it up.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#16 Aug 17, 2013
EevyToxicLipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for clearing it up.
You're welcome. Thank you for asking the question. Gave me a moment to reflect and give an honest answer. I was very rattled for about a year afterward. Is very frightening to have something like this happen in one's own back yard.
Level 4

Location hidden

#17 Aug 17, 2013
<quoted text>
You're welcome. Thank you for asking the question. Gave me a moment to reflect and give an honest answer. I was very rattled for about a year afterward. Is very frightening to have something like this happen in one's own back yard.
Yes it does and you'll be rattled for sometime. I hope it passes faster than fast.
Level 4

Location hidden

#18 Aug 17, 2013
Hope they caught the man.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#19 Aug 17, 2013
To all of you. This can not get any more Offbeat, if it tried.
Want to have a thread where all of you can bring outlandish articles somewhat like the one I brought here to start the thread with. Like an underground railroad of news in the odd.
Think about what is taking place with the law in this story:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
Look at the name of the man involved. Really!?
Now, check out this? Fear? Over kill? Conditioning?:
"About 100 law enforcement personnel, including the FBI, U.S. Marshal Service, a bomb squad and sheriff's deputies from four parishes, were assembled, and lights were brought in as negotiations dragged into the night. A no-fly zone with a radius of 5 miles and up to 5,000 feet was imposed above the bank."
No fly zone for up to five miles? Wow! What's up with that?
Any thoughts?
What is up with this kind of 'lock down'?
Something to listen to while pondering this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =f5M_TtstbgsXX
For What Its Worth~
its simple

we have way too many cops in this country
they are very bored
and there are to many idiots and criminals among their ranks
period
Level 4

Location hidden

#20 Aug 17, 2013
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI wrote:
<quoted text>its simple
we have way too many cops in this country
they are very bored
and there are to many idiots and criminals among their ranks
period
Some not all. But the some are "good boys" they'll do anything their told, no questions asked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Chilli J 120,449
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min wichita-rick 148,887
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 52 min Chilli J 2,189
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 56 min Cyan in CA 54,815
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 58 min CJ Rocker 3,880
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 1 hr Cyan in CA 24,547
Ten Worst Things You Can Say: During Sex. (Aug '08) 1 hr Chilli J 3,340
True or False Game 1 hr CougarCiao 301
Ebola in America 1 hr the nightmare is ... 476
Puppy-sized spider spotted in South America 3 hr Parden Pard 17