A game of life or death: Bets placed on when terminally ill cancer patients will die

Jan 7, 2013 Full story: Mirror.co.uk 15

It is reported that those who want to take part in the game have to pay a membership fee of NT$2,000 to the bookies.

Full Story

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#1 Jan 7, 2013
that is sick

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 7, 2013
Some people are really crazy and morbid.

“[[[ Always Thinking ]]]”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#3 Jan 7, 2013
Let your conscience be your guide.
RIGHT? Jiminy

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4 Jan 7, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
RIGHT? Jiminy
good advice: two days ago my friend just died with cancer and to sit here and be on a death watch isn't a very enjoyable event , live about 10 days longer than given.... like watching a person starve to death , nothing one can do ...

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#5 Jan 7, 2013
this is disgusting and
totally heartless.

anyone who would do this should put themselves in the shoes of cancer patients, then tell the world how much fun it is.

azzholes...
DonkeyEstonkey

Hampton, VA

#6 Jan 7, 2013
Not sure I understand the edge...
The Chinese are major league bettors, and generally they figure the probabilities, true or implied, before laying odds.
Not at all clear on how they do this in this case.

Given an edge, gamblers will wager on anything.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7 Jan 7, 2013
It's like, when Walmart takes out life insurance on employee's and their relatives that have life-threatening illness's......of course, designed to pay to the order of....Walmart....
abe

Spring, TX

#9 Jan 7, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
RIGHT? Jiminy
we are living under a communist government, which is murdering people they do not like. what else do you expect. impeach the sorry b.......
Gamblers Anonymous

Southampton, NY

#10 Jan 7, 2013
Is there an over-under?

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#11 Jan 7, 2013
I'd be a bit leery of some doctors stacking the deck..

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12 Jan 7, 2013
abe wrote:
<quoted text>
we are living under a communist government, which is murdering people they do not like. what else do you expect. impeach the sorry b.......
Visiting here, from China?....Are ya?....
donzie

Hopkinsville, KY

#13 Jan 9, 2013
WOW (what a title topix) If I myself was a betin' Gal,I would have to say that the person has been in GOD's hands for awhile now. If the Lord wants back one on his Precious Gifts then no moment could be more prefect then his choosen moment.

Location hidden

#14 Jan 11, 2013
donzie wrote:
WOW (what a title topix) If I myself was a betin' Gal,I would have to say that the person has been in GOD's hands for awhile now. If the Lord wants back one on his Precious Gifts then no moment could be more prefect then his choosen moment.
spoken like a healthy person..

pfff
Karma Chameleon

Medford, NY

#15 Jan 11, 2013
I wish that people that bet on such things end up being a patient being bet on......

Location hidden

#16 Jan 11, 2013
Karma Chameleon wrote:
I wish that people that bet on such things end up being a patient being bet on......
me too...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min DanFromSmithville 134,417
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min American Werewolves 152,864
Simple things that make you happy, smile, ... etc. (Feb '12) 3 min DondoDork 5,085
Is it possible to....... 4 min Shaddup 606
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 18 min UnderstandPeople 26,017
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 24 min CJ Rocker 1,135
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 27 min Mega Monster 7,806
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 45 min dragoon70056 37,786
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 5 hr TALLYHO 8541 28
More from around the web