“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#5037 Oct 22, 2013
Ami in Miami wrote:
And...Undeniably
Are you having fun yet Billy Boy?
Yes I am. Its great to see so many of my friends again.....

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

#5038 Oct 22, 2013
Ami in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
"And its been an insane summer....."
Hopelessly
With me gone so much, what have you been doing with all of your extra time?
Sweetie-Pie

Orlando, FL

#5039 Oct 22, 2013
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I am. Its great to see so many of my friends again.....
What a load of crap.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

#5040 Oct 22, 2013
Sweetie-Pie wrote:
<quoted text>What a load of crap.
If I said it was great to see you, now that would be a load of crap.......

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#5041 Oct 22, 2013
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text> If I said it was great to see you, now that would be a load of crap.......
Hi Billy.. I am coming back,slowly but surely.. Its nice to see you and many others..

Level 8

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#5042 Oct 27, 2013
The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day. But the way of the wicked is like total darkness. They have no idea what they are stumbling over. My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. Donít lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body. Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Avoid all perverse talk; stay away from corrupt speech. Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path. Donít get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil." - Proverbs 4:18:37 (NLT)

“another beer ? sure why not”

Level 7

Since: Aug 12

Summerville

#5043 Oct 27, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
I'm a Little Tea Cup
Love this story or not, you will not be able to have tea in a tea cup again without thinking of this.
There was a couple who took a trip to England to shop in a beautiful antique store to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary. They both liked antiques and pottery, and especially teacups.
Spotting an exceptional cup, they asked "May we see that? We've never seen a cup quite so beautiful."
As the lady handed it to them, suddenly the teacup spoke, "You don't understand. I have not always been a teacup. There was a time when I was just a lump of red clay. My master took me and rolled me, pounded and patted me over and over and I yelled out, "Don't do that. I don't like it! Let me alone," but he only smiled, and gently said, "Not yet."
Then WHAM! I was placed on a spinning wheel and suddenly I was made to suit my self and then he put me in the oven. I never felt such heat. I yelled and knocked and pounded at the door. "Help, get me out of here!" I could see him through the opening and I could read his lips as he shook his head from side to side, "Not yet."
When I thought I couldn't bear it another minute, the door opened. He carefully took me out and put me on the shelf, and I began to cool. Oh, that felt so good! "Ah, this is much better," I thought.
But, after I cooled he picked me up and he brushed and painted me all over. The fumes were horrible. I thought I would gag. "Oh, please, stop it, stop, I cried." He only shook his head and said, "Not yet."
Then suddenly he puts me back in to the oven. Only it was not like the first one. This was twice as hot and I just knew I would suffocate. I begged. I pleaded. I screamed. I cried. I was
convinced I would never make it. I was ready to give up. Just then the door opened and he took me out and again placed me on the shelf, where I cooled and waited and waited, wondering, "What's he going to do to me next?"
An hour later he handed me a mirror and said, "Look at yourself." And I did. I said, "That's not me. That couldn't be me. It's beautiful. I'm beautiful!"
Quietly he spoke: "I want you to remember. I know it hurt to be rolled and pounded and patted, but had I just left you alone, you'd have dried up. I know it made you dizzy to spin around on the wheel, but if I had stopped, you would have crumbled. I know it hurt and it was hot and disagreeable in the oven, but if I hadn't put you there, you would have cracked. I know the fumes were bad when I brushed and painted you all over, but if I hadn't done that, you never would have hardened. You would not have had any color in your life. If I hadn't put you back in that second oven, you wouldn't have survived for long because the hardness would not have held. Now you are a finished product. Now you are what I had in mind when I first began with you."
The moral of this story is this: God knows what He's doing for each of us. He is the potter, and we are His clay. He will mold us and make us and expose us to just enough pressures of just the right kinds that we may be made into a flawless piece of work to fulfill His good, pleasing and perfect.
So when life seems hard, and you are being pounded and patted and pushed almost beyond endurance; when your world seems to be spinning out of control; when you feel like you are in a fiery furnace of trials; when life seems to "stink", try this.
Brew a cup of your favorite tea in your prettiest tea cup, sit down and think on this story and then, have a little talk with the Potter.
Well I couldn't read all 4654 posts but this one is nice.. I didn't think anyone had spiritual convictions these days..Seems I'm mistaken..

Level 8

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#5044 Oct 27, 2013
zedme wrote:
<quoted text>Well I couldn't read all 4654 posts but this one is nice.. I didn't think anyone had spiritual convictions these days..Seems I'm mistaken..
Hi Zedme,, Nice to see you here.. Yes, there was a time when I was addicted to Topix/offbeat especially.... But you know what?? I had to leave.. I was getting 'so involved'...... you ask me about my Life,and I will say,"Welcome to my nightmare lately.. But then Fortunately,, I hear a little voice inside me saying,"Keep the Faith.." I would say,,I dont run with the pack.. I dont belong to any cliques.. I am totally me. Thanks for bring that post to My attention.. It means alot..

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#5045 Oct 27, 2013

Level 7

Summerville

#5046 Oct 27, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Zedme,, Nice to see you here.. Yes, there was a time when I was addicted to Topix/offbeat especially.... But you know what?? I had to leave.. I was getting 'so involved'...... you ask me about my Life,and I will say,"Welcome to my nightmare lately.. But then Fortunately,, I hear a little voice inside me saying,"Keep the Faith.." I would say,,I dont run with the pack.. I dont belong to any cliques.. I am totally me. Thanks for bring that post to My attention.. It means alot..
It was really inspiring..I thought it needed a reboot. bye for now

Level 8

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#5047 Oct 28, 2013
Youíre Always There for Me

When the world comes crashing in
And chaos rules my mind,
I turn my heart to you, Lord,
And pure, sweet peace I find.

You lift me out of trouble
You comfort me in pain;
You nourish, heal and cleanse me,
Like cool, refreshing rain.

In times of joy and bliss,
When things are going right,
You lift me even higher,
And fill me with delight.

You listen to my prayers;
You hear my every plea;
Iím safe because I know
Youíre always there for me.

Level 8

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#5048 Oct 28, 2013

Level 8

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#5049 Oct 28, 2013
zedme wrote:
<quoted text>It was really inspiring..I thought it needed a reboot. bye for now
You are very welcome,Zedme... Whats the story behind your name..Its very Ironic..

Level 8

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#5050 Oct 28, 2013
&fe ature=related "Be OUR Light"

Level 8

~ I See A Rainbow! ~

#5051 Oct 28, 2013

“Want A Friend, Be One..”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Happy Thanksgiving

#5052 Oct 28, 2013
hello L.L.hope this finds you good..glad to see you back..you have been missed..:o)

Level 7

Summerville

#5053 Oct 28, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text> You are very welcome,Zedme... Whats the story behind your name..Its very Ironic..
Ironic... I know what your thinking.. you will have to rethink that one.. sorry.. I've never explained that in any detail to anyone.. and likely won't. lets just say I like the letter Z. and leave it at that

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#5054 Oct 28, 2013

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#5055 Oct 29, 2013
Life lover Chick...Mall Shopping.. Winter Ski Parkas..;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 19 min F_R_E_D 30,955
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 25 min Hoosier Hillbilly 47,726
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 27 min Hoosier Hillbilly 12,568
Any single,weird,eccentric women? 27 min F_R_E_D 21
"Hometown Boy!" 43 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 44 min Ricky F 225,375
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 11,358
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 6 hr -Sprocket- 150,648
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 6 hr quilterqueen 6,566
More from around the web