Todays News

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Hoosierville

#2 May 16, 2014
"There should be no million-dollar entry fee to participate in our democracy," Reid, D-Nev., said.. "Elections in the United States should be decided by voters."

I agree:
No millionaire representatives in congress for over 12 years =*= and if they become one while serving they must work for free with no retirement.
All lobbying and unauthorized solicitors must be banned from government property since it belongs to the voters (tax payers).
I have authority over who comes in my house!

Level 8

Hoosierville

#4 May 18, 2014
Japan to become first country to put billboard ad on moon

America may have put the first man on the moon, but Japan is going to be the first to send up the first advertising billboard — in the shape of a can.

Japanese drink-maker Otsuka is going to send a titanium can that weighs about 2.2 pounds and that can serve as a mini-sized billboard for the company. It’ll be packed with Pocari Sweat powder, which forms into a non-carbonated, citrus-flavored drink when liquid is added, United Press International reported.

The can is going to touch down in October 2015, when Japan makes its voyage ship trip to the moon, via its Falcon 9.

“Otsuka hopes that one day youths interested in space will live out their dreams, collect the DREAM CAPSULE and drink the POCARI SWEAT mixed with the water found on the moon,” a press release about the mission stated.

The can will physically be placed on the surface of the moon by Astrobotic Technology’s Griffin lander, UPI said.

Level 8

Hoosierville

#5 May 20, 2014
Remember in 2009 when Sarah Palin warned that Obamacare would lead to “death panels”? People ridiculed her alleged right-wing paranoia; PolitiFact christened her accusation the “Lie of the Year.” In this context, it’s ironic that a recent Slate article admits that socialized medicine goes hand in hand with government death panels.

And there you have it. Whether or not the Affordable Care Act (aka “Obamacare”) explicitly details the process, it is unavoidable that more government involvement in health care will lead to bureaucratic decisions concerning the proper use of “society’s” resources. Americans will eventually see that the problems with Obamacare go far beyond website glitches.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min replaytime 205,563
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 6 min Knock off purse s... 2,999
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 17 min Lucy the First 8,877
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 20 min fartbox 19,906
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 36 min Special Officer D... 33,394
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 38 min streetglidehoney 60,043
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 41 min Mustang GT Girl 44,714
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Sharlene45 197,866
2words into 2new words (May '12) 6 hr Poppyann 3,932
More from around the web