created by: Pollster | Mar 24, 2013

Weird

9 votes

What is the real reason men fight in wars?

Click on an option to vote

• Sick need to prove they have the biggest genitals
  • It is fun sexually assaulting others in your unit
  • It is fun sexually assaulting enemy civilians
  • Murdering babies is fun
  • They mainly go to get drunk
  • They go because they are rejects everywhere else
  • Only place for violent psychopaths to be heroes
  • They like to boss and control others
  • Killing is fun
  • Good way to score hookers
Comments
61 - 80 of 111 Comments Last updated Mar 27, 2013

“Bing-bang, kicky-punchy”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

...and "The Paw".

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text>
DUMB
YOU WILL NOT WIN THIS WAR!!

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Kenya, E.Africa.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Commander Bunny wrote:
<quoted text>YOU WILL NOT WIN THIS WAR!!
You are so tall even ladders complain!

“Bing-bang, kicky-punchy”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

...and "The Paw".

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so tall even ladders complain!
Don't make Me call My Mom.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Da Funky ONE wrote:
military expansion did not work for
Japan
Spain
England
the Greeks
the Romans
Russia
the Moors
Germany
the Hun
why do we think it will work for us
You're thinking of war one-dimensionally. Military expansion is not the one and only reason countries fight wars. And if the US is fighting wars for the sole purpose of "military expansion," what in the hell would we do with a plot of desolate land like Afghanastan, Iraq or Korea? In World War I, we declared war on Germany after seven U.S. merchant ships were sunk by submarines and the publication of the Zimmerman telegram, Wilson called for war on Germany, which the U.S. Congress declared on 6 April 1917. There was no "military expansion" in World War I for the US.

In World War II, Japan attacked us. In December 1941, Japan joined the Axis, attacked the United States and European territories in the Pacific Ocean, and quickly conquered much of the Western Pacific.

I would say "military expansion" was Germany's motive, albeit Hitler - and Japan has little or no natural resources - so they had everything to gain and little to lose. The US was drawn into World War II not only because of the Japanese attack on Peral Harbor, but because of their alliance to Britain.

In Korea, We aided our Ally, South Korea in defending the 38th Parallel. North Korea was being backed by Communist China - who again, may have had "military expansion" as their motive - but it certainly wasn't and hasn't been beneficial to anybody. The Korean War was an extremely costly police action - with 33,686 casulties.

On November 1, 1955, President Eisenhower deployed the Military Assistance Advisory Group to train the Army of the Republic of Vietnam. This marks the official beginning of American involvement in the war as recognized by the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. This, again was to aid an ally. In May of 1961 President Kennedy sends 400 United States Army Special Forces personnel to South Vietnam to train South Vietnamese soldiers following a visit to the country by Vice-President Johnson. In February 1965, a U.S. air base at Pleiku, in the Central Highlands of South Vietnam, was attacked twice by the NLF, resulting in the deaths of over a dozen U.S. personnel. These guerrilla attacks prompted the administration to order retaliatory air strikes against North Vietnam.

You term "military expansion" is a misnomer - it should be "political expansion" or "political influence." I can't think of any war that resulted in any "military expansion." Generally speaking, both winners and losers lose strength in numbers because of war.

"Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across." ~ The Art of War, Sun Tzu, 600 BC

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

And that's just one side of the story.
I suppose that's why "WE" maintain military posts
all over the world and no other country does?
Why a nation just over 200 years old thinks they can change other nations that are much older than "US".
Would you try and talk your next door neighbor into being 'just-like-you'? LORD! save us!

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
I suppose that's why "WE" maintain military posts
all over the world and no other country does?
Why a nation just over 200 years old thinks they can change other nations that are much older than "US".
Would you try and talk your next door neighbor into being 'just-like-you'? LORD! save us!
because we police the world , on Mr. President please help us ....
norton

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're thinking of war one-dimensionally. Military expansion is not the one and only reason countries fight wars. And if the US is fighting wars for the sole purpose of "military expansion," what in the hell would we do with a plot of desolate land like Afghanastan, Iraq or Korea? In World War I, we declared war on Germany after seven U.S. merchant ships were sunk by submarines and the publication of the Zimmerman telegram, Wilson called for war on Germany, which the U.S. Congress declared on 6 April 1917. There was no "military expansion" in World War I for the US.
In World War II, Japan attacked us. In December 1941, Japan joined the Axis, attacked the United States and European territories in the Pacific Ocean, and quickly conquered much of the Western Pacific.
I would say "military expansion" was Germany's motive, albeit Hitler - and Japan has little or no natural resources - so they had everything to gain and little to lose. The US was drawn into World War II not only because of the Japanese attack on Peral Harbor, but because of their alliance to Britain.
In Korea, We aided our Ally, South Korea in defending the 38th Parallel. North Korea was being backed by Communist China - who again, may have had "military expansion" as their motive - but it certainly wasn't and hasn't been beneficial to anybody. The Korean War was an extremely costly police action - with 33,686 casulties.
On November 1, 1955, President Eisenhower deployed the Military Assistance Advisory Group to train the Army of the Republic of Vietnam. This marks the official beginning of American involvement in the war as recognized by the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. This, again was to aid an ally. In May of 1961 President Kennedy sends 400 United States Army Special Forces personnel to South Vietnam to train South Vietnamese soldiers following a visit to the country by Vice-President Johnson. In February 1965, a U.S. air base at Pleiku, in the Central Highlands of South Vietnam, was attacked twice by the NLF, resulting in the deaths of over a dozen U.S. personnel. These guerrilla attacks prompted the administration to order retaliatory air strikes against North Vietnam.
You term "military expansion" is a misnomer - it should be "political expansion" or "political influence." I can't think of any war that resulted in any "military expansion." Generally speaking, both winners and losers lose strength in numbers because of war.
"Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across." ~ The Art of War, Sun Tzu, 600 BC
Are are correct about the misnomer however I beg to differ with you on your historical references to wars.

WWI, all your statements were accurate but as with most history, it is interpretational. Would you consider the fact that the German government did dispatch letters to all about hiding arms and aiding against the German government, they would be considered enemies and killed. Some english boats were suppose to be merchant and carried weapons along with Americans aboard. Let's not forget the yellow journalism that was welled oiled since the Spanish American War in which, they did gain land via victory. No?

Political expansion, I like it sounds uncommitted, neither here nor there. But during the Mexican American War we gained tons of territory in the name of our Manifest Destiny, our right to spand the nation from shore to shore, no?
jmho

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Would you try and talk your next door neighbor into being 'just-like-you'?
Republicans have been doing that for the last 200 years.
norton

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

correction,

You are correct..

sorry about the mistakes..

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

norton wrote:
correction,
You are correct..
sorry about the mistakes..
the warnings were for passenger liners.. and addressed to such , plus embassy

we did not expand as most land acquired by war were returned or free of their choosing

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

info: There was a payment of $15 million and the assumption of $3.25 million in debt owed by Mexico to US Citizens that was about 50% of what ha been offered to Mexico prior to the start of hostilities. California and Nuevo Mexico were sold en bloc along with the Neuches Strip so no individual value was listed for a single property. The later Gadsden Purchase brought Mexico an additional $15 million dollars, however graft and corruption ended up providing very little aid and comfort to Mexico in general.

we pay nothing for Texas , because it was worth nothing....relax a side bar joke on Tex, Texas was a territory and freed itself .. you know the Republic of Texas... the LONE STAR STATE

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Are are correct about the misnomer however I beg to differ with you on your historical references to wars.
WWI, all your statements were accurate but as with most history, it is interpretational. Would you consider the fact that the German government did dispatch letters to all about hiding arms and aiding against the German government, they would be considered enemies and killed. Some english boats were suppose to be merchant and carried weapons along with Americans aboard. Let's not forget the yellow journalism that was welled oiled since the Spanish American War in which, they did gain land via victory. No?
Political expansion, I like it sounds uncommitted, neither here nor there. But during the Mexican American War we gained tons of territory in the name of our Manifest Destiny, our right to spand the nation from shore to shore, no?
jmho
Lol...correction - Texas gained (stole) tons of territory from Mexico. We share no shoreline with Mexico - unless you consider the Rio Grande a "shoreline." That was Jackson assertion - and ultimately his assumption.

"Manifest destiny provided the rhetorical tone for the largest acquisition of U.S. territory. It was used by Democrats in the 1840s to justify the war with Mexico and it was also used to divide half of Oregon with Great Britain. But Manifest Destiny always limped along because of its internal limitations and the issue of slavery."

"Andrew Jackson, who spoke of 'extending the area of freedom,' typified the conflation of America's greatness, the nation's budding sense of romantic self-identity and expansion. To some 19th&#8209;century Americans his presence rested upon the "whole territory" from the valleys of Oregon to the frontier of the Rio Grande."

"In this article (Manifest Destiny) he urged the U.S. to annex the Republic of Texas, not only because Texas desired this, but because it was "our manifest destiny to overspread the continent allotted by Providence for the free development of our yearly multiplying millions". Overcoming Whig opposition, Democrats annexed Texas in 1845."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_Destiny...

And...if you read the statement "slacko-sluggo" wrote - "military expansion," with regard to the US and the Mexican-American War, has worked relatively well for us.

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans have been doing that for the last 200 years.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Said the Topix political spammer.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

FACT:.........

The term "six flags over Texas" came from the several nations that had ruled over the territory. Spain was the first European country to claim the area of Texas. France held a short-lived colony in Texas. Mexico controlled the territory until 1836 when Texas won its independence, becoming an independent Republic. In 1845 it joined the United States as the 28th state. The state's annexation set off a chain of events that caused the Mexican–American War in 1846.

like it or not ... this is fact ,history
Da Funky ONE

Ludington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
because we police the world , on Mr. President please help us ....
like the Romans, Greeks and Brits did

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

milwaukee69 since I know you'll be back to comment
on whatever; I wanted you to view this video clip and see if you think it's Michelle?

http://ramparts360.com/government-is-too-big-...

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
please slow down a touch

Germany declared war on the USA , the only country Hitler declared war ... because Germany was an ally of Japan , we weren't an ally of England at that time

Korea was a United Nations action and the only reason it happen was because Russia threw a fit and didn't veto .. other wise

us troops have been in Nam since 1954 Eisenhower

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Some english boats were suppose to be merchant and carried weapons along with Americans aboard. jmho
Those so-called British merchant ships, regardless of what they were carrying, were all sunk in international waters - Germany ultimately got what they deserved, as did Japan.

Lesson to be learned - don't f*ck with us.

:o)

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Wonder why they bother when so many just SAY they did. This one's name is DANNY Crane. Weird.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/25/17...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

209 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 min -Lea- 15,639
Sharknado 2...wow..already funny&classic 5 min justaguess 1
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 12 min Bill 137,136
Tell Us Who or What You Really Are,...? (Apr '13) 20 min Ricky 1,581
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 23 min Nfreebird 76,933
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 24 min Roxie Darling 5,709
why are libtards so angry 34 min Ozzie 4
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Mister_ E 141,617
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,083