Police: Man spit on bell-ringer

Nov 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WWLP

A 57-year-old man is accused of spitting on a holiday bell-ringer at a western New York shopping mall.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19

Level 4

Since: Oct 08

Rushville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

This happened about 30 minutes from my home.
I hope this guy gets charged with assault. I can't imagine being spit on by a total stranger - and I'm one of those germ people.
It's the organization Stupid!(Just in case he's got a laptop and is reading this in the cell). You can't blame the individuals who donate their time to stand there and ring that stupidly loud bell with half of the people giving him a dirty look, some wondering how much he's skimming off the top (I wonder, it's why if I donate I write a check. We've had a history of that in this area.)The bell ringer is a volunteer who most likely goes home with a splitting headache dreading his next shift.

“hellshade”

Level 5

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

i believe that it is assault.and if the guy has hiv or some other disease it could be assault with a deadly weapon...
AmazedHuman

Comstock Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Well, that's rude - and dangerous - and that's unacceptable behavior, but I'll tell you, those bell-ringers need to stay hidden until after Thanksgiving. Let's see...bell ringers - have to be Salvation Army...and there is absolutely no reason the Salvation Army needs money so bad they have to start bell ringing somewhere between Halloween and Thanksgiving. How about, and this is just a thought, how about each SA officer family give up one of the enormous SUVs they all have TWO of...then they'd have plenty of money to fund their projects. Like I said, just a thought.

“April”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Something like this happened before,

Damned! if I can remember ...

but ...

'It rings a bell'(:

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

centereach ny wrote:
i believe that it is assault.and if the guy has hiv or some other disease it could be assault with a deadly weapon...
It's impossible to contract HIV through the saliva in spit - the HIV virus does not survive outside the human body and there is not enough HIV in saliva to cause infection in another person.

Transmitting hepatitis through saliva is usually only possible with Hepatitis B and Hepatitis A. In order for a person to contract Hepatitis C, there must be an exchange of blood. Hepatitis B is more commonly spread through saliva by means of kissing and oral sex. It is possible to transmit Hepatitis A through saliva if oral contact is made with a contaminated source. Symptoms of the three forms of the disease are very similar and damage to the infected person's liver may occur.

I hope this helps you understand the difference.
Parden pard

Catasauqua, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

If he had done that to me,,,he'd hear about it.!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

I would have smashed him in the "head" with my bell and damage his copper clappers.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

DAMAGED
Muffled Bell Sound

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Well, let's think positive now shall we? At least he didn't eyaculate on the bell ringer.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Muffled Bell Sound wrote:
Well, let's think positive now shall we? At least he didn't eyaculate on the bell ringer.
eyaculate?

“It's Not What You Do”

Level 5

Since: Apr 09

It's The Way That You Do It!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Just before he spit he could be heard muttering, the bells, the bells!!!

He should have never watched that movie before shopping this time of the year.

Movie in question, The Hunchback Of Notre Dame.

Veranda Simian

Muncy, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

I did it!
Muffled Bell Sound

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
eyaculate?
Sorry, I have a speech impelliment.....
National Enquirer

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Veranda Simian wrote:
I did it!
You're no longer a virgin?

Congrats!!!

How was it?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Muffled Bell Sound wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I have a speech impelliment.....
Oh, haha...I thought it was "Rub one out like a pirate" Day.
Veranda Simian

Muncy, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

National Enquirer wrote:
<quoted text>
You're no longer a virgin?
Congrats!!!
How was it?
your mom's bush is like a forest.
National Enquirer

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Veranda Simian wrote:
<quoted text>
your mom's bush is like a forest.
Thanks. She takes really good care of her Holly bushes. Her yard looks especially festive right now.
Donkey Estonkey

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Well, you know what the inmates do to 'spitters'..?

“Crude, Rude, and Lewd!”

Level 7

Sayonara Falls.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

AmazedHuman wrote:
Well, that's rude - and dangerous - and that's unacceptable behavior, but I'll tell you, those bell-ringers need to stay hidden until after Thanksgiving. Let's see...bell ringers - have to be Salvation Army...and there is absolutely no reason the Salvation Army needs money so bad they have to start bell ringing somewhere between Halloween and Thanksgiving. How about, and this is just a thought, how about each SA officer family give up one of the enormous SUVs they all have TWO of...then they'd have plenty of money to fund their projects. Like I said, just a thought.
They do give food to the needy at Thanksgiving, why do you think they start ringing after Halloween? DUH.

Also, their CEO makes a lot less money than that of the Red Cross, UNICEF and many other "Charity organizations." Check out their tax returns. Match their record against any other and you'll find that the SA gives more of the dollars donated to the hungry, poor and needy than any other organization. Sure, you have some unscrupulous people in any charity, but mostly they give to those who truly need it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••