Traffic circles
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#1 Jan 19, 2014
Whatever you call them-- traffic circles, rotaries, roundabouts, they are a pain to me, since I rarely drive them. Today, I was driving home from the mall, we came to the "Latham circle", and I went when it was clear, but then when I got in the circle these two black ladies almost slammed me...they were going like 40- in a damn traffic circle. I truly hate traffic circles, apparently they are plentiful in the UK. I also find them unsafe for pedestrians to cross (especially Latham circle), since drivers rarely respect the fact that at any traffic circle in NYS, pedestrians have the right of way. Traffic circles are supposed to be a traffic calming method, but they just stress me out and make me almost crash.
Do you share a similar hate of traffic circles, or do you actually like them?

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#2 Jan 19, 2014
There are a lot of annoying people out there who like to whine and complain ... Here are some reasons about why people whine and complain all of the time:.
DILF

Huntington, NY

#4 Jan 20, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
No, and yes.

Location Shown

#5 Jan 20, 2014
Life is a marathon and you cannot win a marathon without putting a few bandaids on your nipples!

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#6 Jan 20, 2014
Presbyterians should stay within the cross walk lines, not travel in little circles..
beatlesinthebog

Palmerston North, New Zealand

#7 Jan 20, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
Whatever you call them-- traffic circles, rotaries, roundabouts, they are a pain to me, since I rarely drive them. Today, I was driving home from the mall, we came to the "Latham circle", and I went when it was clear, but then when I got in the circle these two black ladies almost slammed me...they were going like 40- in a damn traffic circle. I truly hate traffic circles, apparently they are plentiful in the UK. I also find them unsafe for pedestrians to cross (especially Latham circle), since drivers rarely respect the fact that at any traffic circle in NYS, pedestrians have the right of way. Traffic circles are supposed to be a traffic calming method, but they just stress me out and make me almost crash.
Got a four-wheel drive...? Straight over them......but watch for signs hiding in the undergrowth .......and your exhaust ! Apart from that.....f***'m !!!!!
Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#8 Jan 20, 2014
beatlesinthebog wrote:
<quoted text>Got a four-wheel drive...? Straight over them......but watch for signs hiding in the undergrowth .......and your exhaust ! Apart from that.....f***'m !!!!!
There were probably cops watching somewheres...but I could've driven over them, I was driving a jeep wrangler.

Location Shown

#9 Jan 20, 2014
jeep wrangler=Soccer Mom
Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#10 Jan 20, 2014
Big Time wrote:
jeep wrangler=Soccer Mom
Soccer moms drive soccer mom vans not jeep wranglers.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#11 Jan 20, 2014
Traffic circles are gay.
Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#12 Jan 20, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Traffic circles are gay.
Agreed!

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#13 Jan 20, 2014
Hey kids look..... Big Ben...Parliament
Hey kids look.....Big Ben....Parliament
Hey kids look..... Big Ben.... Parliament

“Got'em figured out?”

Since: Nov 09

Think again

#14 Jan 20, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
There were probably cops watching somewheres...but I could've driven over them, I was driving a jeep wrangler.
The first traffic circle I ever saw, and then later, the first I drove in is the one in downtown Indianapolis. It's been there "forever". Indy is called "The Circle City".

You don't drive over that one. There's a huge monument in the middle!

Location Shown

#15 Jan 20, 2014
FTW Yall wrote:
Hey kids look..... Big Ben...Parliament
Hey kids look.....Big Ben....Parliament
Hey kids look..... Big Ben.... Parliament

"It's like déjà vu all over again."

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#16 Jan 21, 2014
they're slowly doing away with them here in Jersey..
thankfully.
Jolly

Corning, NY

#17 Jan 21, 2014
The "powers that be" built a new one,here in Binghamton, and now trucks keep smashing into surrounding structures. Can you say "POOR PLANNING"?!
Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#18 Jan 21, 2014
Jolly wrote:
The "powers that be" built a new one,here in Binghamton, and now trucks keep smashing into surrounding structures. Can you say "POOR PLANNING"?!
That sucks lol...Latham circle doesn't have buildings around it, nothing to smash into. Prior to work done in 2002, the accident rate was 1 per week, but they weren't severe. After it dropped like 60%, so now there are rarely accidents.

“If you're happy & you know it”

Level 7

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

#19 Jan 21, 2014
There are two of them in the area in which I live. The first one is large and easy to use though most can't seem to get the lanes right. The second is small and I can't tell you how many times rigs have knocked over the decorations in the center of it practically driving straight through because the turn is too tight.
Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#20 Jan 21, 2014
ShadyBits wrote:
There are two of them in the area in which I live. The first one is large and easy to use though most can't seem to get the lanes right. The second is small and I can't tell you how many times rigs have knocked over the decorations in the center of it practically driving straight through because the turn is too tight.
When Latham circle was first built it was huge, but then they changed it so US 9 went under US 2, so you can skip it, or you can go through the circle. I think now it is now 3 lanes, but I'm unsure.

“Got'em figured out?”

Since: Nov 09

Think again

#21 Jan 21, 2014
PFfff wrote:
they're slowly doing away with them here in Jersey..
thankfully.
Somewhere south of Trenton ... was the 2nd traffic circle I ever encountered.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 1 min Alyssa 83,804
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 2 min Alyssa 36,781
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 5 min Alyssa 15,833
What Turns You Off? 6 min Beautiful Black M... 713
Write cities alfabetically (tell the country/st... (Sep '11) 7 min Alyssa 2,654
A Five Letter Word (Jan '12) 10 min Alyssa 2,684
The Next Person Game (Mar '11) 11 min Alyssa 9,995
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 35 min wichita-rick 219,081
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 42 min Camilla 1,966
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 hr Bad Bex 22,962