Man, woman arrested in McDonald's drive-through shooting are both felons

Jan 10, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Kansas City Star

Deborah Bennington's car which got shot at at the West Kellogg McDonald's on Wednesday morning.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of64
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“The trolls hate this guy”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

In the heads of trolls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

LiberalismIsADisease wrote:
The point was obviously beyond the four and a half cells of gray matter you call a brain, to grasp.
These felons were banned from having guns.
These felons had guns.
Ergo, the ban was not effective.
Or was that just too complicated of an arrival to a conclusion for your pinheadedness to grasp?
<quoted text>
Your response here does not in indication of at least a modicum of intelligence. Of course, no law on the books guarantees 100% compliance. As an example, laws against drunken driving do not prevent fatal accidents by drunken drivers, but strong legislation and strict enforcement have helped reduce DUI related injuries and fatalities as there are people out there who will think twice before doing something stupid with the knowledge that there is hell to pay if they get caught. Those two who were arrested will have plenty of time on their hands to ponder the foolishness of their actions and the law will have a solid reason for locking them up on multiple charges.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

UraFerrermanDoucheBag wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. No shooting here. The law banned them from gun ownership, so this shooting is obviously a figment of our collective imaginations.
Absolutely. They obviously just stood up, pointed their fingers and said "BANG,BANG' and everyone just thought it was real. Cause everyone knows that criminals would never do something that they weren't allowed to do. I just wish the lawmakers would take a bold stand and actually outlaw murder, so that it would disappear too.........

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Your response here does not in indication of at least a modicum of intelligence. Of course, no law on the books guarantees 100% compliance. As an example, laws against drunken driving do not prevent fatal accidents by drunken drivers, but strong legislation and strict enforcement have helped reduce DUI related injuries and fatalities as there are people out there who will think twice before doing something stupid with the knowledge that there is hell to pay if they get caught. Those two who were arrested will have plenty of time on their hands to ponder the foolishness of their actions and the law will have a solid reason for locking them up on multiple charges.
If that were true then we would have no murder. People donít consider the consequences. Incidentally the low DUI rate you claim. Try again, 1.4 million arrested in 2010 for DUI.

http://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/impaire...

They donít think twice.

Level 8

In the heads of trolls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were true then we would have no murder. People donít consider the consequences. Incidentally the low DUI rate you claim. Try again, 1.4 million arrested in 2010 for DUI.
They donít think twice.
You obviously did not read my post. I never said laws are a fool proof way of eliminating crime. What I did say is that laws are a deterrent to the wise. On DUIs, strict enforcement is taking drivers off the road in large numbers. Fatalities involving alchohol have been sharply reduced.

http://www.nice.org.uk/media/3fe/1a/bloodalco...

“Live Each Day and Have Fun !”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Where I am at .

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

So what if there is some stuff going on their Dollar menu is great ! ;) You go to a soup kitchen and see whats up LOL !

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
They donít think twice.
Actually I did read your post. Iíve come to expect you to be a dumb ass.

I noticed you didnít counter my dispute over your DUI ďfactsĒ.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>You obviously did not read my post. I never said laws are a fool proof way of eliminating crime. What I did say is that laws are a deterrent to the wise. On DUIs, strict enforcement is taking drivers off the road in large numbers. Fatalities involving alchohol have been sharply reduced.
http://www.nice.org.uk/media/3fe/1a/bloodalco...
Noticed also you had to cross the pond to get information to support you. Explain the 1.4 million DUI arrests in the US. You'll be doing that, right?

Level 8

In the heads of trolls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Noticed also you had to cross the pond to get information to support you. Explain the 1.4 million DUI arrests in the US. You'll be doing that, right?
It shows that you are also a shameless nitpicker. It also shows we are serious about law enforcement and those caught face having their licences revoked and will be removed form the road and if caught driving while on the revoked list, the penalties increase sharply including possible impoundment of the vehicle, possible jail time, and other goodies as well. Are you some sort of radical libertarian or anarchist?

Do you want something closer to home?
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2012/jul/20/dui-...

http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-driving-law...

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>It shows that you are also a shameless nitpicker. It also shows we are serious about law enforcement and those caught face having their licences revoked and will be removed form the road and if caught driving while on the revoked list, the penalties increase sharply including possible impoundment of the vehicle, possible jail time, and other goodies as well. Are you some sort of radical libertarian or anarchist?
Do you want something closer to home?
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2012/jul/20/dui-...
http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-driving-law...
Your claim is the tough DUI laws have been effective. Explain the 1.4 million DUI arrests.

Your first link shows a drop over one year. A one year difference doesnít make a trend. That link is evidence of nothing. You do understand how statistics work?

Your second link is evidence of nothing.

Nitpicker? Do facts trouble you?

Level 8

In the heads of trolls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Your claim is the tough DUI laws have been effective. Explain the 1.4 million DUI arrests.
Your first link shows a drop over one year. A one year difference doesnít make a trend. That link is evidence of nothing. You do understand how statistics work?
You continue to nit pick. All over the world (including the USA), it has been shown that stronger DUI laws result in fewer drunk driving fatalities. Do you have any links that prove otherwise?
hroogla

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

youtube.com/watch... Ö
Life as it was,,

Level 8

In the heads of trolls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts obviously trouble you, especially the ones that disagree with what you want to hear.

http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-driving-sta... If this chart does not show a long term over all drop in alcohol related fatalities, I don't know what does.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
"According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) deaths caused by alcohol-impaired drivers fell 2.5 percent in 2011."

Although tighter legislation and laws involving DUI may not be doing much to reduce the total of drunk drivers convicted, automobile safety has definitely increased the survivability of many serious crashes. Unlikely any drunk driving law will have that affect on any drunk, however, there are programs designed to deal with repeat offenders.

http://www.jarvislawoffice.com/blog/2012/12/d...

This link only provides information on various systems used in some states and areas to help combat DUI's.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>You continue to nit pick. All over the world (including the USA), it has been shown that stronger DUI laws result in fewer drunk driving fatalities. Do you have any links that prove otherwise?
Nit picking?

Explain the 1.4 million DUI arrests.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Facts obviously trouble you, especially the ones that disagree with what you want to hear.
http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-driving-sta... If this chart does not show a long term over all drop in alcohol related fatalities, I don't know what does.
You donít like the fact there were 1.4 million arrests.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
"According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) deaths caused by alcohol-impaired drivers fell 2.5 percent in 2011."
Although tighter legislation and laws involving DUI may not be doing much to reduce the total of drunk drivers convicted, automobile safety has definitely increased the survivability of many serious crashes. Unlikely any drunk driving law will have that affect on any drunk, however, there are programs designed to deal with repeat offenders.
http://www.jarvislawoffice.com/blog/2012/12/d...
This link only provides information on various systems used in some states and areas to help combat DUI's.
Thatís not the issue. He claims tough DUI laws have discouraged people from drinking and driving. Iíve been asking him to explain the 1.4 million arrests.

You could have an equal DUI rate and the death rate could decline. The infraction is the heart of this, not the result.

But, if you want to take about auto death rates. Many claim seatbelt laws are the reason for reduced auto fatalities. They however dismiss changes in road design, vehicle design and advances in medical technology.

Level 8

In the heads of trolls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Nit picking?
Explain the 1.4 million DUI arrests.
That is a big part of the reason that DUI related deaths are way down. It is called enforcement. More arrests mean more revoked licenses and fewer drunk drivers on the road. DUH!!!!!

Level 8

In the heads of trolls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
You donít like the fact there were 1.4 million arrests.
On the contrart, It means that law enforcement was taking its responsibility to arrest drunk drivers seriously, thus resulting in a diminishing percentage of fatal accidents where alcohol was involved.

Level 8

In the heads of trolls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatís not the issue. He claims tough DUI laws have discouraged people from drinking and driving. Iíve been asking him to explain the 1.4 million arrests.
You could have an equal DUI rate and the death rate could decline. The infraction is the heart of this, not the result.
But, if you want to take about auto death rates. Many claim seatbelt laws are the reason for reduced auto fatalities. They however dismiss changes in road design, vehicle design and advances in medical technology.
The plain fact of the matter is that the percentage of traffic deaths where alcohol was a factor has declined. Try to explain that one away.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
I've worked in the automotive industry - safety has improved by many other factors besides seat belts and laws:

Addition of "crumple" zones
Better frame design
Air bags and side curtains
Anti-lock braking systems
Better roads
Better lighting technology (LED)
Better tire technology
Better traction control and suspension
Heads up displays
Elimination of "blind spots" via mirrors
Rearward view camera technology
Auto alarms for crash recognition

Just a few examples of how Engineering has improved automobile safety.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of64
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

90 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min Bob 132,009
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 23 min Independent 2,689
clark county nevada rancher facing tyranny from... 24 min Bob 289
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 34 min Independent 7,844
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 38 min Independent 27,873
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 40 min Independent 24,832
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 44 min SLY WEST 11,717
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! 2 hr Independent 939
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 2 hr tallyho 15,330