Man, woman arrested in McDonald's dri...

Man, woman arrested in McDonald's drive-through shooting are both felons

There are 63 comments on the The Kansas City Star story from Jan 10, 2013, titled Man, woman arrested in McDonald's drive-through shooting are both felons. In it, The Kansas City Star reports that:

Deborah Bennington's car which got shot at at the West Kellogg McDonald's on Wednesday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Kansas City Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“look up and laugh”

Level 9

Since: Jun 08

guess, where

#1 Jan 10, 2013
must have wanted that 99 cent coffee. Hope they throw them in jail, that is if there is enough room.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2 Jan 11, 2013
Amazing, so much anger over nasty fast food.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Right here under my thumb

#3 Jan 11, 2013
***milwaukee69 climbing up ladder, changes sign to Over 999,999,998 served***

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#4 Jan 11, 2013
The girl at the drive thru windows actual words were, "Do you two need 'a salt' or a ketchup packet for your hash browns..?"
Johnny Cochran

Medford, NY

#5 Jan 11, 2013
Your honor!!!
My clients were merely confused between "drive-thru" and "drive-by". This is an honest mistake in the hood.

This case must be dismissed!!!
Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6 Jan 11, 2013
Itís still not clear why Palacios and Costa tried cutting into the drive-through lane, Nolte said.

Seriously? A tire iron, a gun, assault on unsuspecting bystanders....? and we are still wondering why they cut line?

HOT FRESH FRIES..

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#7 Jan 11, 2013
(Rolling my eyes) I am soooo surprised to learn that they were both convicted felons......

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#8 Jan 11, 2013
This made me think what happened in a near by town.A customer came back through a drive through and thrown their food at the person there.I don't know what happened to them...This happened at a McDonalds.

“Pair of Socks”

Since: Dec 06

.Beats an Ace High

#9 Jan 11, 2013
Bennington's day off,

from Walmart

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#10 Jan 11, 2013
Typical idiots is the main reasoning here I think!
There is a bit more to this story,they had a standoff with police & are wannabe white supremacists lol . Want to have a bit of fun follow the comments about this in the local paper!
To keep it real, A huge amount of local serious crime has been made by felons recently released or awaiting court. The publicity may keep these idiots locked up a lot longer,we can only hope. Rick Wichita Kansas http://www.kansas.com/2013/01/10/2631102/man-...
http://www.kansas.com/2013/01/10/2631594/coup...
http://www.kansas.com/2013/01/09/2629667/poli...
DonkeyEstonkey

Hampton, VA

#11 Jan 11, 2013
Probably just came from Wendy's...

“Pompous pontificator”

Level 5

Location hidden

#12 Jan 12, 2013
There just seems to be no plausible explanation for these occurrences, so this is why we all need to be ready with the proper self defense tools and mindset to protect ourselves. It happens in a heartbeat; do you really think laws and cops can help you at that precise moment? WE are the 'first responders'!

BTW, if you don't lock your car doors the instant you get inside, you're not being kind to yourself and your lovedones. An avoid sitting in you parked car in public places. Safety comes from forming and practicing good habits.

“Live Each Day and Have Fun !”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Where I am at .

#13 Jan 12, 2013
A Big Mac with out the sauce and the middle bun, no pickles, or onions ! How much is that ?

“Pair of Socks”

Since: Dec 06

.Beats an Ace High

#14 Jan 12, 2013
Same as a double cheese burger

Level 6

Location hidden

#17 Jan 12, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Hardly the point as having laws against felons having firearms at least punishes those caught trying to circumvent them. What's the alternative? Let any ex-con be able to freely purchase firearms and ammunition at will or let anybody legally purchase for them without recourse by the government?
Really?

Perhaps you can then explain the 500 firearms related deaths in Chicago last year, a city where firearms are banned?

You liberals all seem to think the answer to every crime is another law against it. Get it through your stupid little brains that law abiding citizens don't commit crimes. Criminals do.

You want criminals to stop committing crimes, you remove them from the time stream. Simple, effective and an assured deterrent.

When you make punishment certain, swift and severe, it will be a deterrent.

When a death sentence is 20 years on death row with cable TV, free medical, library access, continued education, air conditioning and decent food, and eventually a snooze from which there is no awakening, there really isn't much of a deterrent, is there?

How about a .44 magnum slug in the forehead at 30 feet, sans blindfold, within days of conviction? Think that would be a deterrent?
LiberalismIsADis ease

Eugene, OR

#18 Jan 12, 2013
The point was obviously beyond the four and a half cells of gray matter you call a brain, to grasp.

These felons were banned from having guns.

These felons had guns.

Ergo, the ban was not effective.

Or was that just too complicated of an arrival to a conclusion for your pinheadedness to grasp?
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Hardly the point as having laws against felons having firearms at least punishes those caught trying to circumvent them. What's the alternative? Let any ex-con be able to freely purchase firearms and ammunition at will or let anybody legally purchase for them without recourse by the government?

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#19 Jan 13, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Perhaps you can then explain the 500 firearms related deaths in Chicago last year, a city where firearms are banned?
You liberals all seem to think the answer to every crime is another law against it. Get it through your stupid little brains that law abiding citizens don't commit crimes. Criminals do.
You want criminals to stop committing crimes, you remove them from the time stream. Simple, effective and an assured deterrent.
When you make punishment certain, swift and severe, it will be a deterrent.
When a death sentence is 20 years on death row with cable TV, free medical, library access, continued education, air conditioning and decent food, and eventually a snooze from which there is no awakening, there really isn't much of a deterrent, is there?
How about a .44 magnum slug in the forehead at 30 feet, sans blindfold, within days of conviction? Think that would be a deterrent?
I wish your solution were that simple. The problem with an immediate execution is the percentage of death sentences being overturned by DNA evidence. there are too many DAa out there who are more interested in closing cases than finding the real killer and don't care in the least whether the convicted man was actually guilty or not. Before you start tossing the term liberal around like a little play toy, let it be known that I support the death penalty and do not believe in coddling prisoners in a country club atmosphere. I am also not calling for a repeal of Amendment II. The one case that really angered me was the inmate serving a life sentence for murder who sued for and was able to receive a court ordered sex change operation.

Level 6

Location hidden

#20 Jan 13, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I wish your solution were that simple. The problem with an immediate execution is the percentage of death sentences being overturned by DNA evidence. there are too many DAa out there who are more interested in closing cases than finding the real killer and don't care in the least whether the convicted man was actually guilty or not. Before you start tossing the term liberal around like a little play toy, let it be known that I support the death penalty and do not believe in coddling prisoners in a country club atmosphere. I am also not calling for a repeal of Amendment II. The one case that really angered me was the inmate serving a life sentence for murder who sued for and was able to receive a court ordered sex change operation.
Do consider that most of those cases overturned by new DNA evidence are very old ones.
Yes, there are too many DAs that would rather close a case than seek justice. They should be dealt with just as harshly as the criminals.
That sex change case frosted my cupcake as well. Seems as though the gene pool in the judiciary needs chlorinated too.

“Live Each Day and Have Fun !”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Where I am at .

#21 Jan 13, 2013
DNA on all the meat at Mickey D's !
DonkeyEstonkey

Hampton, VA

#22 Jan 13, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
Wish it were that simple.
I think you know it's not, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Aura Mytha 173,444
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min SLY WEST 169,309
The last word in the sentence must rhyme with t... 18 min Curious J 1
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 21 min wichita-rick 1,174
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 29 min UnderstandPeople 29,695
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 42 min Parden Pard 2,433
Let's Play Songs With Four Words,... 43 min wichita-rick 50
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 43,433
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 hr natasfonos 18,644
Coffee with Pie! (Sep '08) 2 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,219
More from around the web